PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Grateful

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdul7

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
After our sad defeat yesterday, i was and will always be disappointed when the Patriots lose a game especially in the play offs. My son was too,,,but you know dear fans i sat and thought and thought for about 15 minutes going through many sad moments of being a fan after the 1985 Season. Well after the Bears crushed us in the Super Bowl. I remember praying to see this Team just win One,,,just One !! I am sure many felt the same.
Well after a decade of joy and winning 3 and nearly the Perfect season that i doubt we will see anyone go for it,, i am just grateful.
Grateful that a bad season is going 11-5 and missing the play offs.
Grateful that a bad season is losing in the play offs.
Most of all Grateful we are the envy of all the fans of other teams.
I know we will come back stronger next season and thats why we should all be grateful that we have the Kraft family as Owners of the Team.
Grateful that B.B. is our Coach, and human as well !!
Thankyou for THE DECADE. In Bill we trust.
Just Grateful to be a New England Patriots fan. God Bless.
Abdul.

Good post. When it comes to sucky endings, lot's of fans would trade us in a heart-beat.

Thanks JSN ,,,but how many set of fans can say they won back to back Super Bowls ? Or that their team went 16-0 in regular season, play 5 AFC Championship Games in last 10. So many great memories this decade that one has to say, it cant just last forever.
I still am looking forward to next season and this great organisation will do whatever it can to having another run at the SB. GO PATS. Abdul

Amen to that. I'm 43 and my first Pats memory is when I was 10 and watching my dad being pissed over the 1976 Divisional Round Raiders game where the refs called roughing the passer on Sugar Bear Hamilton and ignoring Russ Francis getting leveled. Whenever fans of other teams ***** about The Tuck Rule, I whip the 1976 Raider game out and school them that it was payback 25 years in the making.
I was 19 years old when The Pats FINALLY beat The Dolphins in The Orange Bowl, and it just happened to be the 1985 A.F.C. Championship Game. When they played on Monday Night Football down there in 1980, the night John Lennon was shot, I cried the next day at middle school. My teacher asked me if it was because of Lennon dying. I said,'No. The Patriots lost AGAIN in Miami last night and everybody is making fun of me in my Steve Grogan jersey." Well, I'm all grown up now and understand better just who John Lennon was and all he represented. But you get the point. I love The Patriots.
I remember being angry when, at my high school book fair, they were selling Jack Tatum's biography titled "They Call Me Assassin". When nobody was looking, I took the pile of them and threw them in the garbage, where they belonged.
Lemme tell you, in one sentence, how this past decade has been- Beyond my wildest dreams. This morning, I wore my 2007 sideline winter Pats hat on the subway. A Jets fan came up to me with a unbelieving smile and jokingly asked,"A Patriots hat? After yesterday?" I said,"Damn right." I looked him in the eye and said,"Today I celebrate finalizing the stats on the dynasty of the decade. Hey, The Pats needed yesterdays playoff game to tie them with the 1970's Steelers and the 1985-1994 49'ers with 18 playoff games played. It shores up the dynasty." The Jets fan acknowledged the accomplishment and I read his mind. It said,"Man. The Pats even accomplished something while losing a playoff game."
People, that's a long way to come since getting teased relentlessly for wearing my Sears & Roebuck Steve Grogan kids jersey in the late 1970's.

God bless The Patriots. Thank you for becoming the dynasty of the decade and finally making the past wrongs I suffered in my fandom life right again in my world. You did Darryl Stingley proud.

Amen and amen.

Amen to that. I'm 43 and my first Pats memory is when I was 10 and watching my dad being pissed over the 1976 Divisional Round Raiders game where the refs called roughing the passer on Sugar Bear Hamilton and ignoring Russ Francis getting leveled. Whenever fans of other teams ***** about The Tuck Rule, I whip the 1976 Raider game out and school them that it was payback 25 years in the making.
I was 19 years old when The Pats FINALLY beat The Dolphins in The Orange Bowl, and it just happened to be the 1985 A.F.C. Championship Game. When they played on Monday Night Football down there in 1980, the night John Lennon was shot, I cried the next day at middle school. My teacher asked me if it was because of Lennon dying. I said,'No. The Patriots lost AGAIN in Miami last night and everybody is making fun of me in my Steve Grogan jersey." Well, I'm all grown up now and understand better just who John Lennon was and all he represented. But you get the point. I love The Patriots.
I remember being angry when, at my high school book fair, they were selling Jack Tatum's biography titled "They Call Me Assassin". When nobody was looking, I took the pile of them and threw them in the garbage, where they belonged.
Lemme tell you, in one sentence, how this past decade has been- Beyond my wildest dreams. This morning, I wore my 2007 sideline winter Pats hat on the subway. A Jets fan came up to me with a unbelieving smile and jokingly asked,"A Patriots hat? After yesterday?" I said,"Damn right." I looked him in the eye and said,"Today I celebrate finalizing the stats on the dynasty of the decade. Hey, The Pats needed yesterdays playoff game to tie them with the 1970's Steelers and the 1985-1994 49'ers with 18 playoff games played. It shores up the dynasty." The Jets fan acknowledged the accomplishment and I read his mind. It said,"Man. The Pats even accomplished something while losing a playoff game."
People, that's a long way to come since getting teased relentlessly for wearing my Sears & Roebuck Steve Grogan kids jersey in the late 1970's.

God bless The Patriots. Thank you for becoming the dynasty of the decade and finally making the past wrongs I suffered in my fandom life right again in my world. You did Darryl Stingley proud.

Good sentiments all around.

After our sad defeat yesterday, i was and will always be disappointed when the Patriots lose a game especially in the play offs. My son was too,,,but you know dear fans i sat and thought and thought for about 15 minutes going through many sad moments of being a fan after the 1985 Season. Well after the Bears crushed us in the Super Bowl. I remember praying to see this Team just win One,,,just One !! I am sure many felt the same.
Well after a decade of joy and winning 3 and nearly the Perfect season that i doubt we will see anyone go for it,, i am just grateful.
Grateful that a bad season is going 11-5 and missing the play offs.
Grateful that a bad season is losing in the play offs.
Most of all Grateful we are the envy of all the fans of other teams.
I know we will come back stronger next season and thats why we should all be grateful that we have the Kraft family as Owners of the Team.
Grateful that B.B. is our Coach, and human as well !!
Thankyou for THE DECADE. In Bill we trust.
Just Grateful to be a New England Patriots fan. God Bless.
Abdul.
GREAT post...says it all simply...I really have tried to keep away from football today because of all the Monday Morning GMs and QBs...and that whole silliness...BUT your post has said it all. Having been a fan of the team since the start, I have seen the good (the last decade..although scattered about in the 90s, 80s, and 70s were some good teams) the bad..the ugly (here there have been teams that have been totally embarrassing for more than this 09 team could ever be..) I know what it's like on teh outside and hoping for a solid season 9-7...THAT was not all that long ago. SO this decade I have been enjoying it..each and every season..basking in the GREAT decade!! Appreciating this team..knowing that being on top..for a long time is something that doesn't happen..and that one needs to experience the snow..cold and storms to REALLY appreciate the good weather. Thank YOU!!!!

Good post. When it comes to sucky endings, lot's of fans would trade us in a heart-beat.

No doubt but I would never trade any of our losses for what happened to the Packers yesterday lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes