PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Grant Wistrom - Any possibility as a backup on this team?

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
As head on Sirius Radio,Grant Wistrom is said to be expecting to retire BEFORE camp and has no real intentions of returning unless there is an offer he could not refuse to pass up on then he would consider playing another year.

Is there room of this team for a seasoned veteran DE as another backup?,Do we do a Junior Seau type of deal again and pull him out for another year for a low price like Junior?

He would not be likely to accept a low 1 year tender but a super bowl chance may be what may make him reconsider.

I don't see any reason we would look at him with our decent depth at that position,but just looking as he has played just 9 years and still probably has some left in the tank and will likely get some type of offer to make him rethink from any team before he officially hangs it up.

I like the fact he is a clean cut guy,A Patriots type guy and the foundation he built to help kids with Cancer is a remarkable and admirable act from a guy who has had a fine career and may have a little left to give for another year.

I don't see it happening. The guy has no chance of playing DE in a 3-4. The only thing he could do for us is play OLB and I just don't think he has the speed to do that.

supposedly he can not even pass a physical.

I heard him on Sirius Satellite Radio yesterday and he seems pretty sure that he is going to retire. He has no desire to come back and play for the veteran minimum or slightly more just to put more wear and tear on his body.

He has almost nothing left.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back