PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Graham out tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
eww..verse Schobel and great LBs..its not a positive thing

Not really all that surprised..NK has been injured and reinjured and is coming along slowly and TH has knee problems...Graham?? Same with him..out last game.. Obviously they need to make a move Mruc or Yates..I go with Yates...they DO need a backup center.

Pats726 said:
Not really all that surprised..NK has been injured and reinjured and is coming along slowly and TH has knee problems...Graham?? Same with him..out last game.. Obviously they need to make a move Mruc or Yates..I go with Yates...they DO need a backup center.
They made the move, Yates is in the bigs.

I hope this Graham injury isn't serious, The running game lacked something against Miami without him out there

I'm not shocked, but still a bit bummed. I guess it's time for the rest of the rushing offense to work a little harder.

Box_O_Rocks said:
They made the move, Yates is in the bigs.

Time for him to earn that salary of his.

Graham being out ripples out to so many different aspects of the offense. The running game is less effective, the passing game is less effective, Ben Watson, specifically, is less effective b/c he has to stay and block more often.

Hopefully Dave Thomas can step it up in his place.

Huge loss.

But the Patriots have played through those before (and specifically the loss of Graham).

Man Matt Light and the o-line better be on their game tomorrow or this game is gonna be alot tougher than expected. Graham is a VERY good blocker and Matt Light has yet to show us that he can stop Schobel. The guy has DOMINATED Light like no other..

Watson is a good blocker also, just not as good as Graham and i'd rather have him as Brady's main target out there. And i really don't trust Thomas out there blocking....

Time to start looking for a blocking tight end?

Graham is hurt a lot and he's not signed after this year.

RayClay said:
Time to start looking for a blocking tight end?

Graham is hurt a lot and he's not signed after this year.

I was thinking the same thing. With Graham's health becoming an issue as his career advances, you have to wonder how useful he's going to be going forward, especially at the salary he reportedly wants. Makes the Pats' decision regarding keeping Graham past this year a bit easier. We certainly have enough picks to be able to draft a large body at TE.

According to Stats.com, Daniel has played 55 out of a possible 69 regular season games. I don't know for sure if he was injured in those missed games. Anyone think M Hill will be active Sunday?
Saw this in Riess's blog, too:

The Bills' running game is most successful running to the left, as it is averaging 6 yard per carry to that side. When the Bills run up the middle, it's been for 3.1 yards per carry, and to the right, just 2.6 yards per carry.

* Wasn't it the Bills who got outside running left a few times cause Colvin got caught inside?

PatsSteve1 said:
According to Stats.com, Daniel has played 55 out of a possible 69 regular season games. I don't know for sure if he was injured in those missed games. Anyone think M Hill will be active Sunday?
Saw this in Riess's blog, too:

The Bills' running game is most successful running to the left, as it is averaging 6 yard per carry to that side. When the Bills run up the middle, it's been for 3.1 yards per carry, and to the right, just 2.6 yards per carry.

* Wasn't it the Bills who got outside running left a few times cause Colvin got caught inside?

So he's approaching a full season "out" due to injuries...

I don't know what it is - you can't look at Graham and realistically say "this guy is fragile"

Now I'd expect Bills will be keying much more on Watson now - when Graham's in there it seems like they lay off him more, thinking he's not that much of an offensive threat... which is exactly when he's most dangerous, aside from blocking. That in turn works to favor both Graham and Watson, giving Ds that much more to contend with.

Longterm, who knows, this might work out for the best... the fact that he has ongoing injury issues isn't going to work in his favor contract wise - maybe he'll accept a reasonable offer from the Pats mid-season for like Koppen did.

If the price is right I'd love to have him back... and my price for Graham is probably about $2 mil a season - not too much more than that.

Last edited:
JoeSixPat said:
So he's approaching a full season "out" due to injuries...

I don't know what it is - you can't look at Graham and realistically say "this guy is fragile"

Now I'd expect Bills will be keying much more on Watson now - when Graham's in there it seems like they lay off him more, thinking he's not that much of an offensive threat... which is exactly when he's most dangerous, aside from blocking. That in turn works to favor both Graham and Watson, giving Ds that much more to contend with.

Longterm, who knows, this might work out for the best... the fact that he has ongoing injury issues isn't going to work in his favor contract wise - maybe he'll accept a reasonable offer from the Pats mid-season for like Koppen did.

If the price is right I'd love to have him back... and my price for Graham is probably about $2 mil a season - not too much more than that.

Agreed. If he wants to hit the lottery, c'est la vie. He might reach that potential he flashes once or twice a year, but that's the chance you have to take.

If he wants to stay at a reasonable figure I wouldn't be surprised if he blossomed later in his career.

But fact are facts. He's 90% a blocking tight end now and you don't break the bank for that, not when you have talent like Watson and Thomas on the squad.

coulda had ed reed, witherspoon, westbrook, or clinton portis...instead we took a 6th OL... he's a great OL, but alligator arms for a TE...i remember brady coming out and saying "grambo" was gonna have a big year... really? i love BB more than anyone, but was this the worst BB pick?

Last edited:
JoeSixPat said:
For whatever reason, Graham decided he doesn't wish for any negotiation during the season..and I can axccept that. Whether he stays or go..I'd rather he stay, but id he leaves, I do believe another can replace him. he may NOT be as sound a blocker, but maybe more rounded off..better hands for sure. He is a devastating blocker, but with injuries, it's more a problem. Shall see if this is a long term possible IR deal or recover in the needed stretch. My guess is the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back