PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Graham, Neal & Gaffney

Status
Not open for further replies.

QB12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Graham and Neal were out the last time we played the Colts in November and their return will only enhance our run game, increase our TOP, and give Tom more time to complete the longer routes.

And, while Gaffney was active he didn't catch a pass; his emergence as the #1 receiver in all the playoffs will also back Sanders off, loosen up the coverages and soften the Colts run D.

On defense, Chad Scott and not James Sanders came in for an injured Rodney. Scott was out of position as Rodney's replacement and Sanders is playing much smarter and with more awareness than before. I would be surprised if the Pats gave up any big pass plays to either Harrison or Wayne, but they may allow them to catch the underneath stuff.

I'm predicting Pats 27-20.

QB12

The fact that the Patriots ran as effectively as they did WITHOUT Graham and Neal bodes well for the offense.

Neal and Graham are huge. Graham is such a big part of the run game and Neal combines with Koppen and Mankins to give us an outstanding downfield running game on screens and such. Wait until we get Maroney out in space with those big boys in front of him.

On Sanders, he isn't Rodney but he's so much more ready to replace Harrison now than either he or Scott was back in Week 9.

The nice thing is that Bob Sanders DID play against the Patriots that day, though Rob Morris didn't spend a lot of time on the field.

I think that the key match-up on offense will be the Pats running game against the Colts run defense. If the Pats can run on the Colts the way that they did in November, then that will open up the passing game a LOT.

Neal and Graham being back added to Rob Morris' continued injury problems augurs well for the ground game.

The nice thing is that Bob Sanders DID play against the Patriots that day, though Rob Morris didn't spend a lot of time on the field.

I think that the key match-up on offense will be the Pats running game against the Colts run defense. If the Pats can run on the Colts the way that they did in November, then that will open up the passing game a LOT.

Agreed, and the components to do so have only strengthened since November.

QB12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back