Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
From section 227: The noise level was pretty good on meaningful defensive third downs but went flat when we were behind 17-7 and Buffalo was driving deep into our territory (before we stopped them on fourth down). The first-half booing was immature, ignorant and embarrassing. Crowd was late arriving and left pretty quickly on the first kneel-down. Red seats were about half-filled most of the game. Still a long ways to go for Gillette's 12th man to be a significant factor.

Tunescribe said:
From section 227: The noise level was pretty good on meaningful defensive third downs but went flat when we were behind 17-7 and Buffalo was driving deep into our territory (before we stopped them on fourth down). The first-half booing was immature, ignorant and embarrassing. Crowd was late arriving and left pretty quickly on the first kneel-down. Red seats were about half-filled most of the game. Still a long ways to go for Gillette's 12th man to be a significant factor.

I will agree with your "C" grade, however, they did seem much hungrier than last year and much less content.

fgssand said:
I will agree with your "C" grade, however, they did seem much hungrier than last year and much less content.

True -- the noise level, especially early on, was encouraging. What continues to bug me is the crowd's tendency to "give up" when things get on a roll against us. The booing was just childish. One would "hope" that three recent Lombardis would instill some savvy in our fans. Maybe it'll take three more.

2 weeks from now The Razor better be rockin' for one of the most anticipated reg season home games in a while. After Denver's loss today, there's blood in the water and I'd love to help send them into the bye at 1-2 (0-3 would be nice but KC is in bad shape right now).

Patriots tickets are almost impossible to get and they're the most expensive in the NFL and the Pats gave them nothing to cheer about. I would have booed the offense also with the way they played in the first half.

They were alot louder than i remember them last year at ANY point. That means opening day, the Colts game, and Bruschi's return.

grade: F.

down by 10...Second and 18...third quarter...NO NOISE>>>what???!!!!

we would've been better off in RWS.

That's one of the best Pass-Ds in the league. The Bills may not end up ranked #1 because they don't get much help on the other side of the ball...but in terms of talent -- when healthy -- that's as good as it gets. They bring the heat AND cover well AND they're willing to get burned by a couple screens and draws without being scared off.

Sorry but some games you pass to win, and some you have to run. Guess which kind this was. It really should've been obvious going into the game that it would be really tough to pass on them.

Good news is that we can both run and pass this season...the '05 Pats would not have pulled this one out...yes, even with Deion (don't remember him having too many big games against Buffalo?)

Nothing went our way in the first half. We're still coming together. It's week one. Jackson -- a major weapon -- is still getting up to speed and we'll have to make due without him for now.

They were clearly fired up and looking to make a statement.

The positive about today is that there's no fingerpointing in this one...everyone has something to work on and everyone had a hand in the comeback.

One thing hasn't changed: we don't lose close games. Down 10 points with a half to play true fans don't give up on this team.

Leave the boos at Fenway...when the chips are down, real football fans CHEER LOUDER. we boo.

Brady = C-
RBs = A
WRs = D-
TEs = B
OL = C

DL = A-
DBs = B-
LBs = C-

Coaching = C

NEM said:

They redeemed themselves in the second half. Going for it on 4th and 1 at the end was great coaching. Also, having Dillon carry the ball late in the game (so not to risk a fumble by rookie Maroney) was also a good move.

Tunescribe said:
True -- the noise level, especially early on, was encouraging. What continues to bug me is the crowd's tendency to "give up" when things get on a roll against us. The booing was just childish. One would "hope" that three recent Lombardis would instill some savvy in our fans. Maybe it'll take three more.

I don't understand why booing is considered immature and childish. In fact, I consider to be savvy those who boo when they witness incompetance. Besides, it's just noise; I doubt that the players' feelings were hurt when they walked off the field at halftime.

captain stone said:
I don't understand why booing is considered immature and childish. In fact, I consider to be savvy those who boo when they witness incompetance. Besides, it's just noise; I doubt that the players' feelings were hurt when they walked off the field at halftime.

I've expounded in this in the "booing" thread if you care to check out my comments there.

Last edited:
From where I was (Sec. 236 [visitor's side, light-house end, next to big space before red club seat area]) I give the crowd a B+. Much better than last year; everyone up & loud on 3rd downs and lots of noise in between. Crowd did not give up even when we did not look so good in the 1st half. The booing was light and well-deserved. More at the dumb play-calling at the time. Brady said in his press conference that they were playing lousy and he would have booed too.

Tunescribe said:
I've expounded in this in the "booing" thread if you care to check out my comments there.

I have, and I've posted my thoughts in that thread, as well. You did bring up the booing topic at the top of this thread, however. That's all.

NEM said:

You must be joking. How many other teams came back down by 10 to win the game today???

Siting in 104, I felt the first half the crowd was like how the Pats played lethargic... But in the end it raised its level.... B-

X-L said:
Patriots tickets are almost impossible to get and they're the most expensive in the NFL and the Pats gave them nothing to cheer about. I would have booed the offense also with the way they played in the first half.

They were alot louder than i remember them last year at ANY point. That means opening day, the Colts game, and Bruschi's return.

Amen. If I paid that much for tickets, the last thing I'd be thinking of is if some internet geeks deemed me worthy of them.

Tunescribe said:

I feel the need to explain and defend the lateness of the crowd. I hvae never ever been late in arriving at a game. There were major crowd issues today trying to get into the stadium. I left the house at my usual time (which allows plenty of time to get to the stadium and visit a couple tailgates.) the traffic was horrendous...my usual lot was full. When we got to the stadium at about 12:45 the log jam at the gate was impossible. I got through pretty quickly being female and all but it took an additional 15 minutes for my son to get through...then we had to walk to sec. 300...with my injury I am a little slower than usual.

I have never seen it so bad getting into the stadium.

That being said...it was downright embarrassing to arrive at my seat late.

I was surprised how quickly people got up and left with 50 seconds left in the game.

PatsDeb said:
From where I was (Sec. 236 [visitor's side, light-house end, next to big space before red club seat area]) I give the crowd a B+. Much better than last year; everyone up & loud on 3rd downs and lots of noise in between. Crowd did not give up even when we did not look so good in the 1st half. The booing was light and well-deserved. More at the dumb play-calling at the time. Brady said in his press conference that they were playing lousy and he would have booed too.

I agree that the crowded noise level (and frequency) was better than last year...at least in my section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes