Welcome to PatsFans.com

Gov't posts sensitive list of US nuclear sites

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +437 / 5 / -2

So, if this happened under the Bush Administration, how many incompetence posts do you think we'd see? :confused2: Just wondering.

BTW, this isn't the presidents fault. He can't be responsible for everything. I'm in no way blaming him for someone else's mistake. I'm merely making a point.

Gov't posts sensitive list of US nuclear sites

06/03/2009 10:13:55 AM
    By EILEEN SULLIVAN and H. JOSEF HEBERT Associated Press Writer

The government accidentally posted on the Internet a list of government and civilian nuclear facilities and their activities in the United States, but U.S. officials said Wednesday the posting included no information that compromised national security.

However, Energy Secretary Steven Chu, questioned about the disclosure at a House hearing, expressed concern with respect to a uranium storage facility at the department's Y-12 facility in Oak Ridge, Tenn. The facility holds large quantities of highly enriched uranium, which if obtained can be used to fashion a nuclear weapon.

"That's of great concern," said Chu, referring to the Y-12 site. "We will be looking hard and making sure physical security of those sites (at Y-12) is sufficient to prevent eco-terrorists and others getting hold of that material."

But later Chu told reporters that while the disclosure may be embarrassing "there's no secret classified information that's been compromised (and) the sites and everything are public knowledge" already available elsewhere.

But, he added, the list "gathers it up" in a single document, and that is of some concern.

Verizon - News Channel
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

whats worse, the accidental posting of the sites, or the REPORTING of it?

the New York Times held onto stories because they would effect elections in 2004, but this reporter has no ethical views on disclosure of accidental postings?
  3. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

always avoiding the original issue.......the incompetence of the current administration
  4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

as the article states.....Obama didn't do this, nor had a hand in attempting to shield this from leaking...

Even the thread starter, RW says : "BTW, this isn't the presidents fault. He can't be responsible for everything." meaning lets discuss the meat of this, and not the fringe BS. Which we were doing until you posted on this topic with CRAPP!

I'm not avoiding any issue.....its YOU who is commenting on a comment, that is discussing the issue, and attempting to steer it twards your moronic agenda.

If you have nothing to say, SHUT THE *** UP!
  5. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

so...........bush was responsible for what anything anyone in government did, but barry gets a pass from you......how convenient.........

you would not say that to my face, oh pantless one
  6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I blame bush for a lot of things, mostly because there is evidence that he deserves blame. Lets take the flyover of AF1 over NYC a few weeks back, Obama didn't make that call, but took responsibilty for it, he was embarrased, and the dude who made the call no longer works in that capacity. I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happens here. The buck seems to stop with Obama, which is refreshing.

Even the article says that this info was laready available, this list was a mere consolidation. I was just asking if the reporting of this has made it a bigger deal, and drawn more attention than the actual act.

and......

I would say that to your face for sure....I'm a big boy. Heck, I'll frickin gladly find a meeting place where we can discuss this. You know where I live, its no secret.

you honestly think you frighten me?
  7. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I don''t care if I frighten you or not.............your little cyber tough guy STFU didn't work........you couldn't shut me up if you were standing right in front of me, fat boy
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Check my stas Quiznos....

I ain't fat...but I am big.

as I stated, you know where I live, its a city called San Francisco, it in California. When you decide to visit, hit me up. I have NO PROBLEM discussing my 'cyber-toughness', none...zero! Hit me up...PLEASE!!!!!

I fukin DARE you.
  9. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,447 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

10. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

LMFAO.........I ain't fat, I'm big boned........don't get me mad or you'll have to come to SF to take a beating from me........I DARE you

again, you could never shut me up........in person or other-wise....that's a given.........02021.....much smaller town and I'm easy to find........

so how about it chump???? shut me up
  11. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,447 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

LMFAO!!! This thread is making me piss my pants.
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Snacks,

wait wait wait.....you are big boned? I might feel bad when we meet. I ain't looking to 'shut you up', but sometimes that kind of direct langiuage is the only thing that gets through to the kids these days. Speak all you'd like...but when you spout crap, you look like an *********, dig?

Canton Mass.....

dude....no problem......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be there in Maine August 18-23rd, lets meet. I'll be at Fenway that Saturday for the Yankees series....our seats are 13 rows behind home. Maybe we could discuss the direction of the nation, and what I will or will not say to your face at Jillians or something after the game. I'll buy you a drink, assuming you are of age. Post to my page, and we can set something up.

I'm serious, it could be fun.

Kissies,

HD
  13. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,447 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

If you guys meet up and come to blows, please bring a video camera for the rest of us.
  14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I doubt it comes to that...

He can look for me behind the plate on that Saturday game. I'll be all up on the tube. he can make his decision then. I'd highly suggest that.

even for someone who I constantly disagree with and, for some dumb reason...respond to his childish banter...it would be fun to put a face the idiocracy. Infact, it would be good for all of us to have a summit one of these days. I bet we'd be surprised.

Tanked,

I'm serious about buying you a drink, and talking trash.

holler.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  15. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

I thought they had fired Homer Simpson years ago.
  16. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

naaaahhhhh......I want to see you shut me up........beyond that, there's no point
  17. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

This Obama guy is so transparent it is laughable. He has told the world we are NOT a Christian nation (that motion you felt was our Founding Fathers spinning in their graves). Now he will tell the world we are one of the largest Muslim countries. If you can't see this guy's agenda by now, you are deaf, blind and dumb, which perfectly describes those who voted for him.

BTW, the media dimbulbs constantly harped, along with the lefty pond scum, of the "mission accomplished" that was not Bush's statement--it was a banner sailors had made on the aircraft carrier he landed on.

And the scary flight of Air Force One and a jet extremely low over the Manhattan skyline? Bush does that and the media goes into a frenzy.
  18. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Ooooooookay.....have it your way.

we'll discuss details as the date of AUGUST 22nd rolls closer.

Tick to the tock....
  19. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

ok, tough guy
  20. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,447 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!! Fight!!