Welcome to PatsFans.com

Governor Christie: Please Don't Send Me Any More Money To Hire More Public Employees

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Aug 9, 2012.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +107 / 7 / -10

2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Re: Governor Christie: Please Don't Send Me Any More Money To Hire More Public Employ

Governor Christie: Please Send Me Food and Soda!
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +107 / 7 / -10

Re: Governor Christie: Please Don't Send Me Any More Money To Hire More Public Employ

Christie doesn't care about fat guy jokes he kicks butt here in NJ and while not perfect he is the best we've had here in a long time.

Imagine if the Gov of Ca (or a lot of other states) had a clue like Christie Cali wouldn't be such a basket case.
  4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I'd be impressed if Christie is alive to run in 2016.

http://americanfat.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/obamachristie.jpg
  5. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hey Patters, is this one of those groups that it's ok to say they're going to die soon, or is it not ok to say they're going to die soon? I think Holy Diver is doing some highly, highly offensive stereotyping of portly-Americans!

Basically Holy Diver is saying that fat people engage in an unhealthy lifestyle and those health repurcussions could lead to an early demise. I seem to remember I got kicked out of a thread recently for saying the exact same thing. :bricks: :bricks:
  6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

you think Christie is fat too? cool, bro. welcome to reality.

I said that I'd be impressed if he is alive in 2016. I think you are putting words in my mouth by saying that I think he is going to die. If he doesn't die, it means that he is doing something about being MORBIDLY obese, and I'd be "Impressed". The odds are that his life will be cut short unless he does something about his obesity. Don't get mad at me, get mad at health.

http://notesandrestsmakemusic.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/chrischristie_jacketless_ap.jpg

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Holy Diver, my friend, you're preachin' to the choir! I think you have a perfectly valid point.

But unfortunately in this forum, valid points do not necessarily indemnify you against getting infractions and being banned from threads. As we recently learned, say (or implying) that certain lifestyles are unhealthy and could lead to a premature demise is a bannable offense in patsfans.com.

I'm just wondering if that holds true no matter who the targets are, or if some groups of people are more equal than others. :bricks: :bricks:
  8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

What group did you get infracted for by stating that you'd be impressed if they made it through their unhealthy lifestyle?
  9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well that isn't exactly how I phrased it but, after seeing several liberal comments in here about senior conservatives are "going to die soon," I made a similar observation about homosexuals. Apparently one of those comments is ok but the other is not; the accuracy of the statements is irrelevant if it feeds into stereotypes, bigotry, etc.

So I'm just wondering if fatso-Americans are a similar group protected by the rules of this forum, or if we're free to remark on the fact that their Constitutionally protected lifestyle choice has negative health consequences. :confused: :confused:
  10. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I think the difference might be that the result of being fat tends to be unhealthy and often leads to death. The result of being old tends to be death. The result of being a prostitue tends to be drug addicted death. The result of being in the mafia tends to be jail or death...Smokers tend to die of lung cancer

the result of being homosexual tends to be............?

I think you are confusing a lifestyle choice (being fat, smoke, Ho-ing, joining the gambino's) with being born gay.

Unless you think being gay is a choice, then I understand your confusion.
  11. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My friend, i would love to answer that question but if I do I would be perma-banned from the forum.
    I don't see how engaging in homosexual activities is any more or less of a choice than engaging in overeating activites. :confused: :confused:

Our minds are hard wired through millions of years of evolution to eat eat eat eat eat as much and as often as we can because we never knew if and when our next meal was coming. Do you think Christie chooses to be fat? Don't you think that, if he could, he would choose to be thin?
  12. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

The result of being alive always leads to death, no way around it.
  13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

our basic opinions on being a homosexual is where the confusion starts.

If you think people choose to be gay, then you and I have a an ocean between
    us. And I understand why that view is offensive to homosexuals. To them, they don't have the choice to NOT be gay.

and yes, I think when Christie chooses to eat a double baconater, and wash it down with a large shake, then not excersise...its a choice. He chooses to not care about his health. Even if he wanted to cheat diet and excersise, and get the lap-band, it would show he chooses to be healthier...but he doesn't. he is unhealthy, morbid, fat, obese.

Man...look at Rex Ryan. Dude was fat....he chose to eat, and eat unhealthy...not excercise. He was probably told by his doctor that if he didn't change things up, he was going to die. Dude chose to get a lap-band.

he looks way healthier now, and will probably live longer.

I'm impressed.
  14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Death is the #1 killer in America
  15. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

So you're impressed by a person choosing to not doing the natural things to cure a problem; eating right and exercising, and instead chooses to go with a medical device that basically does it for them?

Now credit where credit is due. People taking charge to correct problematic behaviors for their long term benefit is something to encourage, but....

People who do it the way they do it on say the Biggest Loser impress me. Obese as sh!t, not a shred of healthy in em, just slugging along on the fast track to six feet under. Through exercise, portion control and making healthier choices, bring themselves back from the brink. That's impressive. That takes hard work, dedication and self control.

Having a band surgically strapped around your stomach, to make it smaller, so you physically have to eat less, as you don't have the control or respect for yourself to do it on your own isn't really impressive to me.

I have two cousins and an aunt who have had lap band. All started at 450 lbs plus. Is it cool that they have all lost mucho weight? Of course it is. But none of them exercise and none of them eat better....they just can't eat as much crap as they used to because they're stomach is X% the size it was.

Just my 2 cents.
  16. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Its not the act of HOW they reach the goal that is impressive to a compulsive person, its the fact that they are being ACTIVE about the compulsion.

Using the patch, or gum, or e-cigarette to stop smoking is the same thing....impressive

Its like any compulsion, or problem, the 1st step is recognizing it, the next step is doing something about it. Not doing anything is called a river in Egypt.
  17. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

granted this is from Feb of 2011....

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/21/nyregion/21weight.html?_r=1

so the results might be coming slowly if at all....but I give the man PROPS

18. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Fair enough HD. Giving myself a few more minutes to digest (no pun intended) your original point, I can see how the results themselves are impressive (and I said as much).

A means to an end if you will.

I guess the cynic in me just looks at it as "Hey this guy over here started eating right, exercising and this guy over here still eats like sh!t, but had a band put on his stomach so he can only eat less crap". They both reached the same goal, but through different means.

i.e. my old man quit a two pack a day cig habit for my 7th birthday cold turkey. in 22 years, not a single slip up. I will be trying (again) to quit smoking again soon, with an e-cig as my crutch.

If I am successful, then I guess you could say it is impressive that both of us quit. However if I compared my achievement to my dad's.....his is way more impressive because all he had fighting for him.....was him. Again, just my opinion.

D
  19. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

same thing with my dad...he quit cold turkey. MAD props

I was a smoker for almost 20 years...I haven't touched one since the e-cigarette arrived at my door. the thing is the greatest invention of all time!

PM me and I'll tell you the one I chose, and how well its been working.
  20. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You're using one standard for homosexuals but another for overeaters - plus I'm hamstrung here by the fact that I cannot speak the truth about this situation without being banned from the forum. So just let me say this:

No one chooses to be hungry. But how they deal with that hunger is a personal lifestyle choice. No one chooses to be attracted to members of the same sex. But how they deal with that attraction is a personal lifestyle choice. And some personal lifestyle choices are more healthy than others.

I'm sure Jerry Sandusky, if given the choice, wouldn't choose to be attracted to little boys. It isn't the attraction that he went to jail for, it's the life he led and the things he did.