Welcome to PatsFans.com

Government is too big for any president current or future to be considered successful

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mcgraw_wv, Jun 24, 2010.

1. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Think about it, there are uncountable number of government departments, it is simply too big for a president within 4 years to ensure each and every department under his leadership is free of corruption, or aligned with the new leaders stances, etc.

If you didn't like the Government is too big argument based solely on libertarian views. Think about it from a "My Favorite President is getting his ass kicked in the office" perspective.

There is simply too much, to many, and to little time for any president to truly do anything worth doing.

There are too many entrenched administrators, too many departments go unchecked, too many hacks continue to be unsupervised.

The Right wing is loving attacking Obama for his watch of the MMS department... I didn't even know such a department existed before this Oil Spill! How is it possible for any president to get anything done, or to manage everything, and ensure he is on top of everything, when it's so big.

So my bold prediction is:
    Due to the size of government, presidents current and future, and the recent past will be unable to avoid issues that reduce the public's confidence in their leader.

This cycle of supposed incompetence will continue until the public losses complete faith in democracy, opening up the chance for a altered form of government to take hold here in America.

The sheer size of the government is the reason why government can't succeed at anything.

Until we reduce the size in which government operates, and the size of control it attempts to exert, we are doomed to continually repeat "failed" presidencies.
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

Re: Government is too big for any president current or future to be considered succes

I posted something similar to that when Bush was president, then I had to hide under my bed.
  3. pherein

pherein Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Re: Government is too big for any president current or future to be considered succes

I believe the government has been misconstrued, abused, and seen as a foreign entity by todays politics.
    It is in the best interest for all parties concerned to make the american people hate the government by , DEMS, REPS, INT, teanuts, and alike. The truth be told the American government are run by the American people. We should have more respect for our own hard working people to produce and work in our interests. A larger government only means more American people and families trying to make this place better. I would not care if all of the people of America worked for the Government as all patriots should.

The problem is the parties that make the Government a scape goat for there inability every year to do there job. Where REP or DEM has a majority nothing seems to run right or be for the people anymore. They are all part of the government but preach their hatred of it to divert our lazy minds form the issue, they are getting rich and nothing is getting done.

I would say , that America has passed the cross roads of normal conversation in matters of state and federal politics because the lines are drawn by the party leaders, and they peach only hate for the other.

as Washington said

and no one can dispute what he said has not come to pass. It has.

The party system is what is too big and we can not control it anymore, not the government, that is where they both lay blame to fill their coffers.
    I am a believer in America, but I do not believe in parties, they are distractive, hateful, an illegal branch of the government ( not covered in the constitution ) and have no interest of the people. You will find this very prevalent in Louisiana.
    Listen to George Washington words because your already to late. Some one had better get some F##@ horse sense and realize we should respect the government and not some power hungry party fools, you vote on the merit of the person and the accomplishment of that persons past. Not on party lines, thats easy and simplistic. Thats why were in this mess. Parties should have never happened they are a product of our patriotic laziness.

That is easy proved.

with all respect pherein

my votes: Carter, Bush Senior, Clinton,Gore, McCain ( and I had Hillary before Obama, or my last vote would have been for her)
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  4. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

No, everyone should not work for the government. That would produce a state of 0 economy, 0 growth, weak worthless country.

Government does not produce anything, they subtract from the producers.

However the point of my post was that the size of government has ensured that every president frm here on out will fail becuase something will happen in some far off department, that we didn't even know existed, and everyone will blame the president...

You would have to spend the first year of a presidency just interviewing and doing checks on all the department heads to ensure you have the right people in those positions.
  5. pherein

pherein Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Ya I completely agree , I overstepped that a bit.

I understand the point of the post, my point was the size of the government does not matter and is not the problem. As long as you have a party government they will both or all try to build it larger and make things more difficult for each other. Aside from the publics interest.

A non party, originally American government would have no party lines, so there would be no reason for the mass rehiring because good people would already be in place. The reason why this happens is to get their people in place, and define their party battle lines. Ive seen this transition every election, and its unnecessary. They are doing ti to themselves.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  6. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

All our Presidents are/have been nothing but puppets(while alot of them are Luciferians) - the banking elite and the high levels in the Illuminati/New World Order are controlling the puppet strings(i.e. Rockefellers, Rothchilds, Council on Foreign Relations, Bilderberg Group, you name it - even Obama's NSA admitted Henry Kissinger gives alot of input to the White House).

AND, our entire Congress is bought off, paid for, and in some cases blackmailed - David Vitter paid the heavy price for exposing the United Nations' Land of the Sea(or it may be Law intead of Land) treaty 3 years ago(while Dick Cheney and John McCain got a free ride with their rendez-vouzes with the DC Madam).

Is it also coincidence that "conservative" Lindsey Graham has supported a few of the major draconian bills like Cap and Trade and Amnesty? Both of them are giant steps toward the NAU/One World Government.

While our Republicans and Democrats in Congress will "hotly debate" some of our high profile bills, they will, in a bipartisan matter, quietly pass other draconian bills which strip our Constitutional rights.

Also - never understestimate the clout of the Federal Reserve - ever since its creation in the early 1900's, our nation's economy has tooken a huge hit, and taking us off the gold standard in the 1970's broke the straw off the camel's back.

AND...don't underestimate the power of the IRS either - they're the ones handcuffing churches with all the rules they give them with the draconian 501c3 status.
  7. pherein

pherein Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

agree with most of what you say pal, but Washington was not bought yet, maybe he had the luxury of thought. Does not what he said ring some truth?
  8. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Another thing - jobless benefits payments are going to get cut b/c the GOP in Congress decided to filibuster the extention of payments.

I mean I don't know if the GOP REALLY wants to wreck the economy so bad so that for obvious reasons, the current power in charge will take the fall by election time(the worse the fall the better for them), and they'll gain more seats, or if they themselves know the fan's going to hit the ceiling soon, so the sooner the world economy crashes the sooner they can run into their underground bunkers. I don't know.

But there's just too much corruption in DC - even IF we make it to 2012(and the midterms this year for that matter), it's not like the Health Care bill et al will get nullified. We'll just see more corruption, albeit in a different manner.
  9. pherein

pherein Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Of course the REPs want to block the DEMs from making any importance gains. And the same goes for the DEMs, its a gang war. We are not represented, they only care about territory. Those people needed those jobless benefits., but if the REPs did it same result. Dude read his words hes right, they are almost epic foresight. you read Nostradamus read wait a founder of this country had to say, hes right. Parties will distort and destroy the system, and they have. Your talking about a man that could have become a dictator but decided to leave . He was a great man.

You can pretend to be an American, these are the moments that define it or don't.