Welcome to PatsFans.com

Gov. John Lynch not running for re-election in NH

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by STFarmy, Sep 15, 2011.

1. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

If he walked by me I wouldn't know who he is. I'm sure that's the same for a lot of posters in here. However, once someone sees a D or an R in front of his name, they'll talk about him like he's been their next door neighbor. All I know is that some people (mainly you Farmy) have said that he's increased spending more than traditional NH'sherins are used to. What that spending is I don't know. Sometimes it's the simple trajectory of gubmit that results in spending increases. i.e. the standard costs of standard business simply go up. Who knows. I don't know much about the guy. I do know alot of Massshole's have moved to NH, and probably brought some of this states unwiped poop with them. :D
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  3. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +327 / 6 / -7

I'd like to see him run against Ayotte.
  4. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

RW, a great friend and former co-worker of mine used to rail on this point to no end. All she would ever say about it was (and mind you I am not a native m*******, so I have little love for our fair state either) "you m*******s move up here cuz it's cheaper and bring all your crappy antics and ideas with ya." Higher spending, "goofy" politics, bad driving and losing the ability to leave their doors unlocked at night.

Obviously just anecdotal evidence, but still funny.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

I just moved to "Hollis NH" last March I don't know if they're Loons or Cons, I went into Nashua last week and saw a lot of funny looking people, just like Cambridge.

I miss my island in Maine, sea gulls, clam digging, my lobster traps, my cemetery but most of all I miss my neighbors wife, the one with three tits.

Nothing Is Forever
    Remember That

Jesus My Lord I Cry To Thee
    Against The Spirit Unclean
    I Want A Constant Liberty
    A perfect Rest From All Of This F-cking Sh!t.

:bricks:
  6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Didn't Belichick cut this guy during training camp?

Oh shizzzz! wrong forum!
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

Think about it. No state income tax and no sales tax. Sounds like a good gig to me.
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Why do they still call it "New" Hampshire? Is anyone confusing it with another Hampshire? I get "New Mexico", but really...know what I mean?
  9. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They get their revenue from other sources. Check out this list http://www.jacksonteamre.com/images/2009taxrates.pdf

Meals, hotel and car rentals are taxed at 9%.

I lived in NH for a couple of years. Cost me big bucks to register my crappy car every year. There was a fee for the State and another fee for the Town. The fee you pay the town/city you live in is basically an excise tax. They don't call it an excise tax but that's what it is.

And then there is the kindergarten issue: Governor Lynch Opposes Attempt to Repeal Public Kindergarten | Press Releases | Governor John Lynch

With all that said Southern NH is pretty much an extension of the Boston Metro area. From Nashua east to Salem and Portsmouth.
  10. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Sounds great to me. Then again I'm all for a consumption based tax system as opposed to what we currently have. Call me crazy.