Welcome to PatsFans.com

Gotta love Wall Street!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Ilikehappyppl, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Open Channel - Lobbying firm's memo spells out plan to undermine Occupy Wall Street

This is great!!!

This is just ONE firm!!! Imagine how many more are just like this, sending out memos just like this!

Fack the 1% and fack Wall Street! TIME TO TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK!
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

The effort to clear the streets and memo's like this will only serve to energize this movement, instead of letting winter take its course.. many municipalities jumped the gun and strengthened the resolve of the 99%'ers....

The methods to stop this movement, have for the most part reaped unintended consequences..
  3. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +460 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

I admit to giving only passing attention to OWS, but has it coalesced into a coherent mission statement yet, with identifiable leadership?
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

It's still young, and it's truly democratic, so unlike the Tea Party it so far is not letting itself be co-opted by billionaires and a major political party. This of course creates problems, but the fact is the last I read it has activities in around 1,100 towns and cities, and is still going strong. In fact, we see heavy handed police actions against them, not unlike what goes on in less civilized parts of the world.

Will a leadership group emerge? Well, when that did not happen in the Tea Party, it created the opportunity for the Koch Brothers and Republican Party to buy them. So, I hope it forms its own leadership. The interesting thing about the movement is that it has considerable support from many libertarians.

Hopefully, it can become what the Tea Party failed to become--a truly independent voice. And the good thing is that, unlike the Tea Party, OWS has a lot of youth, the future of our nation.
  5. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -1

#54 Jersey

Spot on. I don't know how successful OWS will be in the long run, but, at the very least, the movement is helping America wake up.