PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gotta give Felger Credit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slagathor

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Although I hate his neverending need to put a negative spin on all things Patriot, I gotta give him credit.

He just interviewed Mike Vrabel, and in that 15 minutes I learned more and was more entertained than anything I've heard from the talking heads at EEI for the past 6 months.

Felger at least knows "something" football, not just posing Red Sox questions in Patriot form.

Vrabel was a great interview. Holds nothing back.

Although I hate his neverending need to put a negative spin on all things Patriot, I gotta give him credit.

He just interviewed Mike Vrabel, and in that 15 minutes I learned more and was more entertained than anything I've heard from the talking heads at EEI for the past 6 months.

Felger at least knows "something" football, not just posing Red Sox questions in Patriot form.

WELL what did he say, what did he say?:singing: :singing:

im glad you shared that with us, did you ever try not listening to sports radio? try it you might like it weve all been where you are now

Yeah, what did he say?:singing: :singing:

WELL what did he say, what did he say?:singing: :singing:

Talked about his feeling on Harrison and compared it to Luis Castillo's pre-draft steroid situation. Said Rodney got punished, Castillo didn't.

Felger asked if there is a hate for the Jets internally at every level of the Patriots hierarchy. Vrabel said he said that there's a great level of respect and could be some slight lingering bad feelings with BB and Kraft toward NY how the BB's hiring played out.

Told Felger he wasn't edgy enough.

Last edited:
im glad you shared that with us, did you ever try not listening to sports radio? try it you might like it weve all been where you are now

I can't not listen. It's one of the few guilty masochistic pleasures I have.

Talked about his feeling on Harrison and compared it to Luis Castillo's pre-draft steroid situation. Said Rodney got punished, Castillo didn't.

Felger asked if there is a hate for the Jets internally at every level of the Patriots hierarchy. Vrabel said he said that there's a great level of respect and could be some slight lingering bad feelings with BB and Kraft toward NY how the BB's hiring played out.

Told Felger he wasn't edgy enough.
Thank you Slag. Vrabel doesn't mince words. And I bet Felger was glad to hear Vrable come out and say something like that,now Felger can claim theres descent in the ranks.

Last edited:
As annoying as Felger can be, he at least talks football. He spent his show mostly talking about the Pats this year and the Jets game on Sunday. WEEI spent almost the whole show talking about the week old story of Harrison and HGH.

I used to think WEEI only talks baseball bacause they are in bed with the Red Sox. Now I am convinced that hosts like Big O just don't know how to conduct real football talk. When you got a Tom Curran on and allow him to give very little insight other than on Harrison and HGH and then have Vic Carrucci on and make it mostly about how Smerlas has unrealistic expectations about the Pats this season and how he thinks every other team sucks, you know Big O is clueless on how to direct the talk to any substantive football talk.

I caught the tail-end of Vrabel on Felger's show and he was a pisser......and Felgie wasn't playing Mr. Jerk-off with him in studio either

Felger by himself or with his "890-crew" can press too much to be edgy and meaningful while coming off just F'n boring

Josh Miller last year on the show and now with Vrabel was and will be much way better sports radio

now if Felger could just get my boy Mankins on the show and out of his shell....YEE-HAW!!!!

I caught the tail-end of Vrabel on Felger's show and he was a pisser......and Felgie wasn't playing Mr. Jerk-off with him in studio either

Felger by himself or with his "890-crew" can press too much to be edgy and meaningful while coming off just F'n boring

Josh Miller last year on the show and now with Vrabel was and will be much way better sports radio

now if Felger could just get my boy Mankins on the show and out of his shell....YEE-HAW!!!!
I'd love to see Logan on the show and low blow Felger if he got out of line.:rocker:

I don't mind Felger. He at least will talk FB. I am sick of all the JD Drew/Red Sox BS on WEEI. Its all that they ever talk about.

As annoying as Felger can be, he at least talks football. He spent his show mostly talking about the Pats this year and the Jets game on Sunday. WEEI spent almost the whole show talking about the week old story of Harrison and HGH.

WEEI had Romo and Ted Johnson talk about that "week old story". I bet Felger would give his right nut (if he had any) for that.

WEEI had Romo and Ted Johnson talk about that "week old story". I bet Felger would give his right nut (if he had any) for that.

Not really. A lot of folks are sick of it as it's been beaten to death.

I know I am.

By the way Arthur Dent says Hi.

Not really. A lot of folks are sick of it as it's been beaten to death.

I know I am.
I am sick too, but Felger is angling for a national gig. Sure, being controversial is a big part of the formula, but unless he can attract "name" guys such as Romo, he'll end up like Ron Bogus.

By the way Arthur Dent says Hi.
Thanks. Nice chap that Arthur. :D

I don't know. Felger does have Mike Greenberg, John Clayton, Chris Mortensen, and Vic Carrucci on every week. Those all are very public national figures. He had Rich Cimini on after his very public mistake. Felger has Mike Vrabel, Ben Watson, and Vince Wilfork on weekly. He will have Troy Brown on weekly if and when he gets off the PUP. It isn't like Felger doesn't get some big time football related guests. He also has Buster Onley on every week during the baseball season. Because he works for ESPN, Felger arguably gets as good or better guests through that connection.

No one beats a hot button topic into the ground better than WEEI. If it is a hot story, they are guaranteed to rehash the story over and over again until even they are sick of hearing about it. Romo and Ted Johnson would have been interesting on Monday or Tursday. By Friday and five straight days of talking about Harrison and HGH, it is just plain overkill.

I don't mind Felger. He at least will talk FB. I am sick of all the JD Drew/Red Sox BS on WEEI. Its all that they ever talk about.

In reality WEEI is the flagship of the Red Sox, while WBCN is the flagship of the Pats... with that being said, I agree two weeks ago it was all Mike Vick all of the time.. latter part of last week, beginning of this week it was all Rodney all of the time.. they seem to be getting away from it somewhat, but the callers want to keep debating J.D. Drew vs. Elsbury.. hard to go a different way. What I do get from these guys I savor, unfortunately it is just an appetizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes