PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gotta Get This in Writing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonian1962

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
O.K., so I've been wanting to post this for weeks. My goal was to get these predictions in writing before camp started, so I didn't look like a band wagon jumper based on camp news around the league.

I missed the start of camp, but they've just started so I'm safe.

As God is my witness, one of my predictions was going to be under the heading of surprise cuts, and Claridge was my guy. I'll have to come up with a sub., or ignore the category all together.:)

These categories are all over the map, so I apologize up front. Here goes:

1. First, Gostkowski will be a stud kicker in this league. I was on his bandwagon well before the draft. He is accurate. He has a big leg. Watching him in interviews, he comes across as unflappable. He even looks and sounds like Adam. I saw him win both the accuracy and length competions in the Cap. One Classic, and was highly impressed.

1a. With that in mind, I predict the Pats will not miss Adam V., but Adam V. will do well in Indy. Huh, you say? Adam was 4 for 8 beyond 40 last year. How many times did the team go for it on 4th down, because of the doubt on if he could make the longer kicks? However, he was smart to sign with a Domed Stadium team, and that will help him greatly. Good move for Indy. Good non-move for the Patriots.

2. Undrafted player (any team) most likely to perform at a high level in this league? Hank Baskett, WR, 6'4", 220 lb, of the Philly Eagles. God knows Philly needs WR help, and he will be just what the doctor ordered.

3. AFC East player, who will shine in time, much to the chagrin of Patriot fans? QB Kellen Clemens, of the NY Jets. I watched nearly all of the combine, and thought he was the best QB on the field, and that includes all the bigger names.

4. Patriots 2006 Free agent, or draft pick that will first become a fan favorite? Thomas, TE, Texas. Might have been easier to pick a player drafted higher, but I LOVE these glue hands guys. Always have.

Thanks for indulging me. Been putting off this post for too long. I'm pretty sure I forgot a few, but I'll post them too AFTER they happen.:)

Anybody have some stray stuff along these lines, brewing in your brain, feel free to share.

I'll do the same:

- Chad Jackson is going to be a superstar. A freakishly athletic body, soft hands, and a great work ethic.

- I also think The Ghost is going to be great. A multi sport athlete, comes across as unflappable, and will be another clutch kicker for us.

maverick4 said:
I'll do the same:

- Chad Jackson is going to be a superstar. A freakishly athletic body, soft hands, and a great work ethic.

- I also think The Ghost is going to be great. A multi sport athlete, comes across as unflappable, and will be another clutch kicker for us.

Mav, I like the way you think and agree with your thoughts on Chad.

The Jets got a steal the only reason he wasn't a first round pick was because he got hurt last season. That guy was awesome in 04 and was having a solid 05 up until his injury.

Were you listening to Sirius yesterday to get that Baskett pick? :D

Last edited:
I took flack around here for suggesting the Pats grab Chad Jackson in the 1st round, but I will not be surprised if he needs a few months to get on track, and even hits a wall in December. Ultimately I have no question he's a difference maker.

I think we'll be fine at K, and expect that our fans are savvy enough to even weather a few missed kicks, as every kicker misses some. Hopefully none of them come back to haunt us.

In that regard, I actually think that Adam V. has more pressure on him to deliver the big kicks in Indy than he ever did here. Adam did in fact miss a few big kicks over his career but after 2001 no one was going to complain.

If he finds himself in a high power pressure game winning/losing situation with the knowledge that anything less than a FG makes his signing an absolute failure, the pressure could very well get to him. So my prediction is that AV winds up missing a vital FG for the Colts in the post season.

Aside from that I'm predicting 3 TE sets on offense, and hopefully a return to normal good ball on D.

Maybe Adam will miss on purpose to help out the Pats!

Maybe he only signed with the dolts to screw them over. Maybe BB is still secretley paying him!

Just talkin' crazy man. I too think out new kicker will turn out to be very good.

SamBam39 said:
Maybe Adam will miss on purpose to help out the Pats!

It'll be like Drew Bledsoe going to the Bills to secretly destroy their chances of success!

I deinately agree with your comment on Hank Baskett out of UNM picked up by the eagles.Playing in college this guy was a stud,a big part of the offense and a huge reason while the Lobos had a number 1 back in the Mountain West in Dontrelle Moore.Kid is a darn good blocker and his size will bid well for Mcnabb.Good call bud..I definately agree he should and will be a star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes