PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Got to Love The Samurai

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGameguy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
San Francisco interim coach Mike Singletary blasts team after loss - NFL - SI.com

This could either be the start of a great head-coaching career, or the most disastrous period in SF 49er history (although the past several years have been preety close to a disaster). It's refreshing to see a coach actively disciplining players and not just waiting until the game is over. I would have thought that Mike Singletary would be a player's coach, but apparently, I forgot what a bada-- he is.

frankly , he can mouth as much as he wants and talk big and yell. at the end the coach needs to put his team in a position to win.publicly admonishing davis and yelling the press conf doesnt improve the team.he is another of those past great players admired in the media and automatically assumed to be a great head coach and motivator and old school and all but coaching is a lot different.
everyone on TV was saying how 'refreshing' it was. Well nolan was also refreshing by wearing suits and all the crap on the sideline.didnt go anywhere.

Davis has been a problem child since the 49ers drafted him. You're right, coaching involves more than talking tough and/or public disciplining of players. Mike Nolan wearing a suit has zero chance of effecting a change in the team. Singletary backing up what he said earlier in the week could.

Davis has been a problem child since the 49ers drafted him. You're right, coaching involves more than talking tough and/or public disciplining of players. Mike Nolan wearing a suit has zero chance of effecting a change in the team. Singletary backing up what he said earlier in the week could.

what i meant was , singletary backing up what he said means solving his teams problems or providing solutions.if he intends to scare people he must have a track record as a coach. he says yesterday we are not running a charity of giving games away. Well what are they doing in practice to stop that ? Will he as a headcoach be able to teach and create practices to improve his team's play on the field ? Everyone knows they cant turn the ball over. Lets wait and watch, iam not very sure about singletary. Look at the coach in detriot, he gives similar speeches about how everythign is on him and its his fault. Well..what has he done so far then ?

Singletary reminds me of Ditka early in his coaching career. Samurai will need to keep a lid on his own emotions if he's going to survive. He's coming in at a rough time, I hope he gets a chance to start from training camp next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back