Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
As luck would have it, someone canceled. The Patriots Special Events office called me today (as I requested) and said they'd put me on the list of 75 season ticket holders who get an audience with Roger Goodell before Sunday's game. I also was advised that questions will not be pre-screened. SO, assuming I get the chance to ask, my queries will include:

* The 18-game schedule, which only the owners seem to want. Between the Patriots and Packers there are some 27 players on IR. How has the league convinced itself that an 18-game schedule won't result in a watered-down product and war of attrition?

* Why has the league not taken punitive action against the Jets for last week's tripgate incident? And, are you at all concerned that failure to do so only reinforces the public's view of you being soft on the Jets in general?

* Since the spygate incident, many NFL coaches, both current and former, have come out and said that what the Patriots did was nothing unusual and in fact, practiced widely. In retrospect, wouldn't you consider the fines and loss of a draft choice something akin to killing a mosquito with a sledgehammer?

Anyone with suggestions on recasting the above questions or adding other questions, please post. Below is the confirmation e-mail from the Patriots on Sunday's session with Roger.

Join Patriots Owner Robert Kraft and the New England Patriots in welcoming NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell for a Question & Answer Session on December 19, 2010. This event will begin at 5:00 PM at The Hall at Patriot Place presented by Raytheon.

After parking, please use the attached map to navigate to The Hall.

§ Space is limited. If you do not arrive by 5:00PM we reserve the right to fill your seat.

§ There are no tickets for this event. Your name will be on a registration list.

§ Feel free to arrive early to tour The Hall.

§ Gillette Stadium gates will open at 6:30PM. To access your seats following the event please bring your game tickets with you.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Patriots Events by phone or by email.

We look forward to seeing you on Sunday as we take on the Green Bay Packers!

Go Pats!

Sincerely,

The New England Patriots

Good, Great news.. looking forward to your report.

Good luck, maybe you could bring a camera phone and record his responeses? ;)

Just remember Tunescribe if you don't like the answers you can always throw your shoes at the Commissioner. ;)

I doubt you will get the chance to ask 3 questions. You need to prioritize which one is most important to hear an answer. Also maybe find two other stooges to give the other 2 questions if they dont let you.

Personally I would want to hear the answer on the jesters question first.

Well, with 75 attendees, it may even be difficult to get your question in at all.

If the questions a screened for content prior, consider yourself mute.

But have fun.............

Good luck Tunescribe! I think your questions are perfect.

Make sure to at least get the jet question in :D

Awesome, I hope you can get a straight answer from him but I doubt it. In regards to the question about the Jests I would frame it in a way that makes it about Westhoff/Ryan lying about there not being any institutional involvement beyond Alosi when this has been going on all year otherwise thats what Goodell will make it about just Alosi tripping the guy which is has already been dealt with.

Edit: If you ask him anything about spygate ask about the evidence of others filming being destroyed :)

Last edited:
I doubt you'll get three question in but hey you never know.

I'd hone in on the Jet's tripgate. It's current and in the mainstream media. It's also something that he alone can take punitive action if he sees fit. If you get a chance maybe spin it off into Westhoff's accusation against the Pats and if it is a league violation.

The 18 game schedule is good, but his job in this case is to represent the owners wishes and he can easily deflect this one. Maybe even Mr Kraft is in favor? Maybe you can ask him directly about this.

The spygate thing has been beaten to death. Don't think you'll get anything insightful out of that question. Even BB might say it's time to move on.

Good Luck.
And have a good time.

I doubt you will get the chance to ask 3 questions. You need to prioritize which one is most important to hear an answer. Also maybe find two other stooges to give the other 2 questions if they dont let you.

Personally I would want to hear the answer on the jesters question first.

THIS. Pick the most important question first, but I would include a contrast to Spygate in it.....kind of combining the two questions.

Get 'im, Tune!

I concur with TPL (above). I'd just add that you restrain yourself a bit in your tone and the words you use. Try to couch your questions as sincerely wanting to know more and understand. For example try to come across as a friend, admirer, then gently hit him with a question while he's blinded with flattery. He's going to be anticipating some hostility and snarky attitude; if he senses that he's just going to blow you off. Kill him with kindness then trap him with a tough question.

Or you could go the other route and ask him why he, as a Jet fan and former Jet employee he does not recuse himself from anything involving the Jets - in the same manner as a judge would, when that judge is familiar with the person accused of a crime in his courtroom. Since the league is so strong on integrity, wouldn't it make more sense for someone in the NFL offices other than himself to handle anything involving the Jets?

Last edited:
In your press conference when you showed the Matt Walsh tapes, you referenced "the rule against taping signals." Were you referencing the Anderson memo? That memo regards positioning of cameras videotaping anything:, game film, coaches signals or even cheerleaders.

Didn't you overdo it with the fine and penalty for a violation that was the equivalent taping a cheerleading line from the sideline?

You seem like an OK dude.

PLEASE...PLEASE...

Dont ask homer questions like 2 of your three listed.

SPYGATE - :nono:

TRIPGATE - :nono:

That's all I got. GL.

PLEASE...PLEASE...

That's all I got. GL.
I can see where you're coming from. But on the other hand if nobody in that audience brings those topics up, doesn't that send a message to Goodell that fans of the Patriots are okay with the way he handled/is handling those two cases?

PLEASE...PLEASE...

Just curious why?

As luck would have it, someone canceled. The Patriots Special Events office called me today (as I requested) and said they'd put me on the list of 75 season ticket holders who get an audience with Roger Goodell before Sunday's game. I also was advised that questions will not be pre-screened. SO, assuming I get the chance to ask, my queries will include:

* The 18-game schedule, which only the owners seem to want. Between the Patriots and Packers there are some 27 players on IR. How has the league convinced itself that an 18-game schedule won't result in a watered-down product and war of attrition?

* Why has the league not taken punitive action against the Jets for last week's tripgate incident? And, are you at all concerned that failure to do so only reinforces the public's view of you being soft on the Jets in general?

* Since the spygate incident, many NFL coaches, both current and former, have come out and said that what the Patriots did was nothing unusual and in fact, practiced widely. In retrospect, wouldn't you consider the fines and loss of a draft choice something akin to killing a mosquito with a sledgehammer?

Anyone with suggestions on recasting the above questions or adding other questions, please post. Below is the confirmation e-mail from the Patriots on Sunday's session with Roger.

Join Patriots Owner Robert Kraft and the New England Patriots in welcoming NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell for a Question & Answer Session on December 19, 2010. This event will begin at 5:00 PM at The Hall at Patriot Place presented by Raytheon.

After parking, please use the attached map to navigate to The Hall.

§ Space is limited. If you do not arrive by 5:00PM we reserve the right to fill your seat.

§ There are no tickets for this event. Your name will be on a registration list.

§ Feel free to arrive early to tour The Hall.

§ Gillette Stadium gates will open at 6:30PM. To access your seats following the event please bring your game tickets with you.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Patriots Events by phone or by email.

We look forward to seeing you on Sunday as we take on the Green Bay Packers!

Go Pats!

Sincerely,

The New England Patriots

Hoenstly, God bless you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill