PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Got a sort of Deja Vu today

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaScotiaPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I was just reading WSJ.com @ work cuz I work for a Stock Transfer Agent and it's really all I can read and I saw this quote in relation to the QB controversy in Philly:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...___In_this_corner__McNabbs_still_the_man.html

It is how a real team acts. There is a protocol here and it is simple: No man should lose his job because of an injury, and especially not this man - the very face of your franchise for the last 9 years. It is simply how you treat people. It is bedrock.

I thought that was kind of funny considering what happened with Bledsoe and Brady. And I think if any starting QB deserves to lose his job it's McNabb, the guy just doesn't have it any more. More than one of us was actually sad to hear he wouldn't be suiting up against us because we know he's no good any more.

Last edited:
I thought that was kind of funny considering what happened with Bledsoe and Brady. And I think if any starting QB deserves to lose his job it's McNabb, the guy just doesn't have it any more. More than one of us was actually sad to hear he wouldn't be suiting up against us because we know he's no good any more.

Maybe if Feeley steps in and leads the Eagles to a Super Bowl victory. I think, in the long run, you're better off with McNabb than Feeley (or Kolb, at least right now), but maybe it is time for the Eagles to move on.

does it really matter?

you could drop manning onto the eagles and it wouldn't matter.

andy reid cares more about cheeseburgers than he does about football or his own kids well being.

that organization is a mess right now.

the whole terrell owens saga hurt them, as well as mcnabb puking when it was all on the line. too many chunky soup commercials and arguments about black vs white, and not enough effort on getting better. he's a baby and they'll never win with him there.

Interesting that this "unwritten rule" about long-time starting QBs didn't get attention from Belichick, as he wanted to win the damn games. If this is in fact bedrock, it's bedrock to those teams who don't understand when it's time to make a change. It appears that the Eagles are in this situation, but my guess is that McNabb is on a one-way ticket out of town either now or after the season.

That's what I'm sayin, this is a business and the object of the business is to win.

andy reid cares more about cheeseburgers than he does about football or his own kids well being.

His "kids" are grown men; there's a certain age at which you stop being able to do anything about it. He also outcoached Belichick last Sunday. Let's not take anything away from Andy Reid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back