PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gostkowski's dad posted on the TC forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has spent many hours in front of my office in Troy, New York when Larry and I would sit and talk while he was in my office. It was red if I remember correctly...was a year ago after all.

You know how I know you're lying? No one goes to Troy.

Well either you were all tricked or Gostkowski’s dad is trying to rip off Patriots fans online.

I'll go with the former.

Best Regards,
Tim Mankins

George Costanza bought John Voigt's car, so maybe this is real. Oh wait...

To pick an almost year old post to point this out for the sake of lying about it
to gain some sort of notoriety amongst a group of people I have never conversed with on these boards as compared to the explanation I have already given I would ask which is the more plausible explanation?

I'm just saying that it is funny that Larry would post that truck on these boards, and everyone would doubt that it was him. Knowing Larry, he would not argue the point as I have here. He just made his post, left his email addy and that was it. Everyone else took their shot at him in the forums. Being the kind of people Larry and I are, we would get a kick out of parallels of our stories to what I am seeing on these boards.

It's ok - you know what you think you know, I know Larry has spent many hours hanging in my office, and I have seen the truck parked out in front.

And as far as no one goes to Troy...Well you don't have to GO anywhere when you are living in the area.

I'm not here to argue, but I found the whole debate over the validity of his claim to be Stephen's Dad - selling a vehicle - and Larry just being Larry was funny. I really have nothing to gain other than a little conversation on the boards over this. I wish you peace...May God be with you!

Oh...PS good luck in the Playoffs guys!

Last edited:
And as far as no one goes to Troy...Well you don't have to GO anywhere when you are living in the area.

Gostkowski is from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. A long way from Troy, NY. Fair enough, though. But still no idea what he'd be doing in Troy (I'm from Albany and I don't like to cross the river ;))

Gostkowski is from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. A long way from Troy, NY. Fair enough, though. But still no idea what he'd be doing in Troy (I'm from Albany and I don't like to cross the river ;))

He was up here for about a year or so. He had friends in the area, and that is how I met him. Never associated him with Stephen until the second time I met him when we had some time to talk. Larry really is a good guy, and yes, he is immensely proud of Stephen. You know what they say about a parent that gets twinkle in their eye talking about their children...

While he is from Baton Rouge, he has spent the last few years in some different areas - Here in NY (Cohoes actually - not Troy), FL, TN, MS for a little bit. After he and Cindy parted ways, he has been all over the Eastern side of the US. I met him through a mutual friend who was doing business in my office, then one day he came along, and we became friends. During the playoffs last year he stopped by to tell me it was time for him to be moving along, and we stayed in touch for a while by email...then he kinda slipped off the radar.

I was trying to get a hold of him this week because I came across one of my old emails from him, and then realized I hadn't talked to him in a while. Then come to find out I didn't have a good email address (account expired or something like that). That is why I googled him, and then found this post about the truck.

Last edited:
It may be someone posing as his father but I definitely would not end up bying that thing if I found out he wasnt be truthful about who he was. so if that is his tactic it would take a sucker to bye the car from a liar..but i guess there are some dumb people out there.

I guess there are some dumb people out there, and they need to be careful.

I am saying he would get a kick out of the fact that people are actually debating whether or not it is actually Larry making the post.

I've never met Stephen, but his father has spent many hours chatting in my office, and I remember him driving that old truck. I don't really have any reason to lie, and I only jumped in here to post something because I was looking up one of Larry's email addresses, did a google, and saw this post listed as a hit.

Apparantly you are unaware that NEM has tried this angle so many times here... posting as his wife.. a friend... some objective new guy.

If you were Larry's buddy, you wouldn't be googling his email address. Furthermore, you wouldn't just happened to have stumbled across this thread. What a bunch of baloney!

Anyone that believes this bunk can see me about some great wetlands...errr... waterfront property I have for sale. Maybe I'll wait a few months then post it for sale on here, saying that I'm Stephen Neal's cousin Jimmy. I'm damn proud of Stevie... we used to pretend we were WWF rastlers ... I was Jimmy Superfly Snooker and he was Morocco...

Yeah He's Gostkowski's dad and I am the Quarterback coach of the High School where Tom Brady played

BTW : I have a 1994 Dodge Colt for sale

Suckers.....

Apparantly you are unaware that NEM has tried this angle so many times here... posting as his wife.. a friend... some objective new guy.

If you were Larry's buddy, you wouldn't be googling his email address. Furthermore, you wouldn't just happened to have stumbled across this thread. What a bunch of baloney!

Google "Larry Gostkowski" in quotes, and see what shows up near the top of the list. uess what...the link to this very thread shows up...isn't that amazing? Do you think I arranged that myself? If that is the case, I should be able to convince you to buy your own property.

Not aware who NEM is...whatever

Anyone that believes this bunk can see me about some great wetlands...errr... waterfront property I have for sale. Maybe I'll wait a few months then post it for sale on here, saying that I'm Stephen Neal's cousin Jimmy. I'm damn proud of Stevie... we used to pretend we were WWF rastlers ... I was Jimmy Superfly Snooker and he was Morocco...

It's ok...I know what I know. My post doesn't require your approval, nor did I ask for it. I don't have anything to prove to you. I am just saying I thought it was funny that everyone questioned wether or not it was really Larry selling that truck. You don't have to believe it, but the fact that I insured him in my office may give you a clue that you don't know what you are talking about.

I haven't talked to him for almost a year, which is why I am having a hard time emailing him. His email account is inactive. He kinda goes "dark" every once in a while, then he resurfaces, and I hear from him.

Last edited:
I haven't talked to him for almost a year, which is why I am having a hard time emailing him. His email account is inactive. He kinda goes "dark" every once in a while, then he resurfaces, and I hear from him.

It's clear that he's a Soviet agent.

Grow up... while you may think registering for a second user name to add credibility to your ridiculous story is sly, it's not.

Grow up... while you may think registering for a second user name to add credibility to your ridiculous story is sly, it's not.

This is too funny...you guys would actually surround yourselves in doubt and paranoia over something so miniscule as this. Actually, you are the one who needs to grow up if your cynical little mind looks at others as liars by default. Us adults take an objective look at what is presented, and decide if there is a reason why we should doubt what someone is saying. Its always easier to look at others in contempt isn't it? Thats why it is easy to label someone a liar. It is even easier to do so hiding behind your computer.

Lets take a look at what it is you are arguing about. You know, you really should pick your battles more wisely...

A post, which I found because I googled Larry, because I lost touch with him that was a year old. Noticed people were doubting that it was actually Larry...to which I (apparently unfortunately) stepped up and simply said - Yes, it was Larry, he did own a little red pickup truck, and he used to be a customer of mine, and we would spend time talking while he was in my office.

VS.

A person who is trying to...(claim fame/ dupe people) by claiming to know the father of the kicker of the New England Patriots for the purpose of (Fill in the blank here), to confabulate a story, by way of scouring this message board...dug up a year old post that if I was to actually look for would have taken me quite a while considering I would have had to wade through a year of posts to find just that post, and attempt to validate said story (remember - I had to fabricate the fact that he was a customer of mine, and that I saw the truck, blah blah blah) by logging a second account on a website that I have never been to before last night.

Does someone want to apply some common sense and tell me which story is the more believable one? Do I really stand to gain anything by making all of this up?

Can the admin of this board trace my IP around here to prove this man a fool? That I only have one account, which I just opened? The admin should know that I used two computers (home and work) so there are two IPs and one account.

Again, as I have said before, and apparently it bears repeating there really is nothing for me to gain by having said anything at all. I don't have anything to prove, and your approval is not required. As a matter of fact, it is irrelevant.

Lets take a look at what it is you are arguing about. You know, you really should pick your battles more wisely...

A post, which I found because I googled Larry, because I lost touch with him that was a year old. Noticed people were doubting that it was actually Larry...to which I (apparently unfortunately) stepped up and simply said - Yes, it was Larry, he did own a little red pickup truck, and he used to be a customer of mine, and we would spend time talking while he was in my office.

VS.

A person who is trying to...(claim fame/ dupe people) by claiming to know the father of the kicker of the New England Patriots for the purpose of (Fill in the blank here), to confabulate a story, by way of scouring this message board...dug up a year old post that if I was to actually look for would have taken me quite a while considering I would have had to wade through a year of posts to find just that post, and attempt to validate said story (remember - I had to fabricate the fact that he was a customer of mine, and that I saw the truck, blah blah blah) by logging a second account on a website that I have never been to before last night.

Does someone want to apply some common sense and tell me which story is the more believable one? Do I really stand to gain anything by making all of this up?

Can the admin of this board trace my IP around here to prove this man a fool? That I only have one account, which I just opened? The admin should know that I used two computers (home and work) so there are two IPs and one account.

Again, as I have said before, and apparently it bears repeating there really is nothing for me to gain by having said anything at all. I don't have anything to prove, and your approval is not required. As a matter of fact, it is irrelevant.
seems believable to me, then again i'm the type of guy who thinks it's raining at the wrong time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes