PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gostkowski was outstanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dynasty

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I dont think he is getting enough credit. He really had a great game today. He was unbelivable on his kickoffs and then money on all of his FGs. Give this guy some credit.

Gods, makes me wish i had picked him in fantasy football, and I almost did. But... stupid me decided to go with Vinatieri :/

I dont think he is getting enough credit. He really had a great game today. He was unbelivable on his kickoffs and then money on all of his FGs. Give this guy some credit.

I have said for a while that he's going to be an elite kicker (as elite as kickers get) and he seems like he might be listening to his iPod or something. The fans were SUPER loud and it never screwed him up at all.

Those kick-off's were MENTAL.

Some good punting too. Props to Hanson.

He also had a great preseason. All his FG are right down the middle these days. Not sure what your "thumbs down" is for though.

The kickoffs were sweet, even the last one should have been a touchback the returner was just pissed from not returning one all day and decided to make a boneheaded move.

2 things (3 really :D)

1 (& 2) - Props to Ghost for sure. NO PROPS to Hanson at all. Long punts are great and all, but not when your punting on the other side of midfield and outta the endzone every time. Pooch the ****ing thing, will ya?

3) What with the "thumbs down" on the thread giving props to our kicker? Maybe I'm slow, but I don't see it.

The thumbs down should be retracted.

Not sure what your "thumbs down" is for though.

1. I was wondering the same thing.
2. I *did* select him as my kicker in FF...
3. ... then again I also took Tom Brady w/ my first overall pick.

If Gost keeps this up, it is a microcosm for why the Patriots are perennial top competitors. Drop a legend, Adam V, for a cheaper alternative. And the cheaper alternative is out performing the legend sans the clutch kicks (which Gost hasn't had a chance to do yet). With a few clutch Gost kicks in the playoffs, BB/SP look like even greater geniuses.

What's with the props to Hanson? He one or two really nice ones. The 55 yard punt to the side was tremendous. But both times he had a chance to pin them deep he boots it straight into the end zone.

Gost, however, was tremendous.

If anything, this guy's not getting enough attention. He's pretty consistently done what's been asked of him since he's been here, and I don't know the last time I saw kickoffs like yesterday's--it was a heavy, humid day, I can't imagine the ball carried very well, and he was just hitting rockets. I still can't understand why BB didn't let him kick a FG in the SB instead of going for it, but I don't think we'll see a decision like that again.

If anything, this guy's not getting enough attention. He's pretty consistently done what's been asked of him since he's been here, and I don't know the last time I saw kickoffs like yesterday's--it was a heavy, humid day, I can't imagine the ball carried very well, and he was just hitting rockets. I still can't understand why BB didn't let him kick a FG in the SB instead of going for it, but I don't think we'll see a decision like that again.

He should be the special teams player of the week. His kickoffs were tremendous.

FWIW, humid air is lighter than dry air, not heavier.

He should be the special teams player of the week. His kickoffs were tremendous.

FWIW, humid air is lighter than dry air, not heavier.

Really? I feel stupid on that, then. It feels heavier......

The icon got changed to a thumbs UP-whew! I couldn't figure that one out:confused:

Kudos to Gost-he's been quietly doing his job. Another outstanding move by BB. Plus Gost had some pretty damn big shoes to try and fill when he took over for AV. He's done an awesome job this season and preseason. Good to see him get his due:rocker:

The icon got changed to a thumbs UP-whew! I couldn't figure that one out:confused:

Kudos to Gost-he's been quietly doing his job. Another outstanding move by BB. Plus Gost had some pretty damn big shoes to try and fill when he took over for AV. He's done an awesome job this season and preseason. Good to see him get his due:rocker:

Yeah I didnt know how that got there, and didnt know how to change it. Thanks to whoever changed it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes