Gostkowski to Get All Kicks This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From Reiss and the Globe today.

Strong move, I suddenly have plenty of confidence in Gramatica, it's time for the kid to go out and win the job, to show he can handle it. He knows in advance so he has time to get nervous, at home, on NFL Network . . . let's see what he's got. Gramatica is a strong fallback plan IMO.

Go get em Ghost!

Sink or swim time for Gostowski. This tells me that Gramatica is the clear cut leader right now and they're giving Gostowski a chance to make them reconsider.

I'm glad Gramatica appears to be fully healthy and is giving his all to win the competition - but Gostkowski's leg strength is pretty damn impressive.

While he doesn't have veteran experience I have no doubt that Gostkowski is an NFL kicker - just some doubt whether it will be with us if we decide to go the safe route and go with a veteran

Let's get that Ice water running through those veins Ghost !!!! Knock em dead . Ghost through the posts !!

I dunno that I agree Husker. Could be that they're easing him into the role. First it was half the kicks....every other.....and now its "Ok rook, lets see what you can do when its all on you."

i think this could be a VERY important game for Gostkowksi

Martin Gramatica is giving him further pressure

good...

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally,I think the Ghost will be just Fine.I can't remember the last time the Patriots actually had two kickers in training camp that they were on the verge of keeping.Adam has had the job security at that department for the last what,10 Years?.So,I am glad to see that they are giving the kid a nod in the direction saying"Here's your chance,Show us what youve got".Im hoping he wins the job,as Kicking Field goals is more of a confidence issue that a talent.Its not like he's got a whole playbook to learn.Thus,I believe the learning curve is indeed in ..His Favor.Cheers'

I read on Reiss's blog that Gramatica was attended to by one of the trainers this week in practice (I'm not sure which day). I think that might have just as much to do with Ghost kicking exclusively both in practice the past couple days and in this weeks game.

Brownfan80 said:
I read on Reiss's blog that Gramatica was attended to by one of the trainers this week in practice (I'm not sure which day). I think that might have just as much to do with Ghost kicking exclusively both in practice the past couple days and in this weeks game.

I knew I read something on Gramatica leaving practice but no mention of trainers. This was from Mike's blog on Wednesday morning. That was the day Gostkowski missed his last 2 kicks of the session. No mention of Gramatica not being present at the remaining sessions on Wednesday and Thursday though. Perhaps they just called him off the field and told him they wanted to focus on the kid this week.

"Martin Gramatica was present for the start of practice before departing."

I think they know what Gramatica can do if he is and stays healthy. They would likely prefer the kid for his potential upside but they don't know enough yet about any downside he may have.

MoLewisrocks said:
I knew I read something on Gramatica leaving practice but no mention of trainers. This was from Mike's blog on Wednesday morning. That was the day Gostkowski missed his last 2 kicks of the session. No mention of Gramatica not being present at the remaining sessions on Wednesday and Thursday though. Perhaps they just called him off the field and told him they wanted to focus on the kid this week.

"Martin Gramatica was present for the start of practice before departing."

I think they know what Gramatica can do if he is and stays healthy. They would likely prefer the kid for his potential upside but they don't know enough yet about any downside he may have.

Good catch, Mo. I must have misread it originally. I should have double checked my facts before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back