PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gostkowski first-team All Pro, Welker second-team

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN has the breakdown of voting. (Player(s) with the most votes are first-team, next highest are second-team).

Wide Receivers (2/team)
Andre Johnson, Houston, 45; Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona, 21; Steve Smith, Carolina, 16; Wes Welker, New England, 6; Anquan Boldin, Arizona, 5; Roddy White, Atlanta, 4; Brandon Marshall, Denver, 1; Randy Moss, New England, 1; Calvin Johnson, Detroit, 1.

Guards (1/team)
Steve Hutchinson, Minnesota, 40; Chris Snee, NY Giants, 32; Kris Dielman, San Diego, 10; Alan Faneca, NY Jets, 7; Logan Mankins, New England, 4; Leonard Davis, Dallas, 2; Travelle Wharton, Carolina, 2; Harvey Dahl, Atlanta, 1; Ben Grubbs, Baltimore, 1; Justin Smiley, Miami, 1.

Placekicker (1/team)
Stephen Gostkowski, New England, 28; John Carney, NY Giants, 13; Rob Bironas, Tennessee, 3; Jason Hanson, Detroit, 3; Phil Dawson, Cleveland, 2; Jason Elam, Atlanta, 1.

y-Inside Linebacker (2/team)
Ray Lewis, Baltimore, 39; Jon Beason, Carolina, 18; Patrick Willis, San Francisco, 17; James Farrior, Pittsburgh, 12; London Fletcher, Washington, 8; Barrett Ruud, Tampa Bay, 1; James Harrison, Pittsburgh, 1; Stewart Bradley, Philadelphia, 1; Bart Scott, Baltimore, 1; Jerod Mayo, New England, 1.

Last edited:
Someone at ESPN needs a little proofreading

"Asante Samuel, New England, 3"

mayo should have made one of the teams

another who cares selection

these types of awards are always given to players with the most hype, not necessarily the best player. i cant buy this stuff.

they should try to extend Ghost sometime next season. let's not repeat the Asante error by not moving early and ending up losing both a HOF Kicker (#4) and a very, very good Gostkowski back to back.

they should try to extend Ghost sometime next season. let's not repeat the Asante error by not moving early and ending up losing both a HOF Kicker (#4) and a very, very good Gostkowski back to back.

In general terms, I agree with you, except that I'd wait until it's clear whether or not 2010 will be uncapped or not. If it's not, then it's counterproductive--he'd be an RFA in 2010, and the Pats could give him a better deal (i.e., Gostkowski-friendlier and Pats-friendlier) then, or give him a tender that would require major compensation (a 1 or even a 1 and 3).

Last edited:
mayo should have made one of the teams

another who cares selection

You think Mayo is already one of the four best inside linebackers in the NFL?

He was no doubt the rookie of the year, but come on.

He was no doubt the rookie of the year, but come on.

Well, one voter thought he was one of the two best ILBs this year. . . .

Well, one voter thought he was one of the two best ILBs this year. . . .

They were wrong. Probably cut from the same mold of the guy who put Keith Rivers on his ROY ballot (mistake or not).

Yeah. Who is better? Ray Lewis? This is 2008, not 2000.

Biggest problem is comparing 3-4 and 4-3 ILB

Yeah. Who is better? Ray Lewis? This is 2008, not 2000.

Biggest problem is comparing 3-4 and 4-3 ILB

Yes, Ray Lewis is better. As are Beason and Willis.

Look, we all love Jerod Mayo, and I agree he already is a fantastic player and is only going to get better, but saying he's already one of the very top ILBs in the NFL is ridiculous.

Yes, Ray Lewis is better. As are Beason and Willis.

Look, we all love Jerod Mayo, and I agree he already is a fantastic player and is only going to get better, but saying he's already one of the very top ILBs in the NFL is ridiculous.

i dont know about ray lewis, i KNOW willis is better, and i would say beason is not really better in such a clear cut way

In general terms, I agree with you, except that I'd wait until it's clear whether or not 2010 will be uncapped or not. If it's not, then it's counterproductive--he'd be an RFA in 2010, and the Pats could give him a better deal (i.e., Gostkowski-friendlier and Pats-friendlier) then, or give him a tender that would require major compensation (a 1 or even a 1 and 3).

good point, tho if it's capped it might be hard to keep him. come to think of it, the pats must be running "cap/no-cap" scenarios for the entire roster.

They were wrong. Probably cut from the same mold of the guy who put Keith Rivers on his ROY ballot (mistake or not).

...proving that one needs neither brains nor knowledge of football to be considered among the "media elite" of the NFL world...

So will we ever figure out exactly why the 5th best QB in football this year is the MVP and 1st team all pro?

BRAVO BRAVO to Gostkowski

i was hoping for Mayo too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes