Gosselin's Top 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

manxman2601

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Can be found here

Some surprises:

22 Da'Quan Bowers (maybe the drop is real)
41 James Carpenter (most mocks have him low second/third)
49 Jarvis Jenkins (uncomfortably high if he's our DE option)
64 Brandon Harris (Could be a value pick right there)
71 Leonard Hankerson (Again, normally mocked as mid to high second rounder)
82 Jabaal Sheard (Would you take him with pick 74? I think so)
89 Clint Boling (Was expecting him to be off the board in the top 64)

Interstingly, I read elsewhere yesterday that Hankerson and Boling were falling. That ties in with Gosselins top 100.

If NFL boards resemble Gosselins, the late second, third rounds could be quite productive for us.

Can be found here

Some surprises:

22 Da'Quan Bowers (maybe the drop is real)
41 James Carpenter (most mocks have him low second/third)
49 Jarvis Jenkins (uncomfortably high if he's our DE option)
64 Brandon Harris (Could be a value pick right there)
71 Leonard Hankerson (Again, normally mocked as mid to high second rounder)
82 Jabaal Sheard (Would you take him with pick 74? I think so)
89 Clint Boling (Was expecting him to be off the board in the top 64)

Interstingly, I read elsewhere yesterday that Hankerson and Boling were falling. That ties in with Gosselins top 100.

If NFL boards resemble Gosselins, the late second, third rounds could be quite productive for us.
Something in your link wasn't working, I had to quote you to see the script and cut & paste, let's try again: Link Testing 1-2-3, much better!

This is Gosselin's ranking, while he has discussed the players with scouts and other team officials and that does affect how he sees the kids, it's still his ranking after everything he's heard and read and watched has been reduced to the voices in his head.

-- Jake Locker being anywhere in the top 100 is a surprise.
-- Note Marcus Cannon, Gosselin should have had time to check on the most recent cancer report before he published this, while not conclusive proof there is no cancer, it's another cautionary note regarding the NFL's silly season.
-- Mikel Leshoure's ranking makes patchick smile.
-- Martez Wilson's ranking makes more sense.
-- Brandon Harris is where a nickel CB should be.
-- Steve Wisneiski, Jah Reid - damn my lying eyes for agreeing with Gos.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link guys for sure. My favorite QB in this draft making a huge jump from other places I've seen him ranked .....Ponder at 27.

One thing for whatever reason that jumps out at me this year like most, Mad props to the SEC.

A couple of things that caught my eye:

- Nate Solder @ 13- earliest that I have seen him ranked.
- Not a single ILB ranked in the top 100
- "This is the worst safety board I’ve seen in 20 years. Talent-wise, only one projects in the first 100 picks — Rahim Moore of UCLA in the second round. The next 5-6 safeties all project as fourth-rounders."
- Personal binky Terrell McClain is ranked 58. This about a round, round and a half earlier than I have seen him before.
- Taiwan Jones @ 62 is a lot earlier than I expected. I bet that this is correct and a team will trade up to get him. Speed kills (until the next injury).
- Texas teammates Acho @ 94, Curtis Brown not on the board- so much for any local favoritism.

Last edited:
This is Gosselin's ranking, while he has discussed the players with scouts and other team officials and that does affect how he sees the kids, it's still his ranking after everything he's heard and read and watched has been reduced to the voices in his head.

I like to give him more credit beyond "voices in his head". I get the same symptoms, usually around draft time. My wife has suggested I get this checked out if it persists past the Pats picks. :bricks:

The Top 100 is compiled based on conversations with NFL general managers, personnel directors, pro and college coaches and scouts.
---

When he's ready to compile his top 100, Gosselin actually calls all 32 teams and asks them how they would rank each position. I know because I've asked him. Teams usually don't smokescreen Gosselin with the list -- because it's not a mock.

His accuracy is well-documented, which is why his top 100 has become my annual "working list" on draft day. Like last draft, the Pats stand to do well w/ 6 of the first 92 prospects.

Last draft Gosselin was fairly accurate w/ the Pats draftees -- here's the comparison:

Gosselin's Ranking/ Actual selection

McCourty 24/27
Gronk 34/42
Cunningham 94/53
Spikes 77/62
Hernandez 53/113

JMHO.

a couple of things that caught my eye:

- nate solder @ 13- earliest that i have seen him ranked. :) and people argue with my lying eyes.
- not a single ilb ranked in the top 100
- "this is the worst safety board i’ve seen in 20 years. Talent-wise, only one projects in the first 100 picks — rahim moore of ucla in the second round. The next 5-6 safeties all project as fourth-rounders."
- personal binky terrell mcclain is ranked 58. This about a round, round and a half earlier than i have seen him before.
- taiwan jones @ 62 is a lot earlier than i expected. I bet that this is correct and a team will trade up to get him. Speed kills (until the next injury).
- texas teammates acho @ 94, curtis brown not on the board- so much for any local favoritism.

Justin Houston didn't make the top 100. Also surprised to see Jabaal Sheard so low.

Justin Houston didn't make the top 100. Also surprised to see Jabaal Sheard so low.
Missed that, of course his mj use may have affected Gosselin's grade.

My thoughts:

I don't think AJ Green is the best player in the draft. I don't think AJ Green is the best wide receiver in the draft.

Jake Locker at #23 is absurd. He might go in the first round in the draft. He might even go in the top 10, but does anybody feel really, really good about his chances to be an above average NFL quarterback? Wouldn't that have to be the case to rank the man the 23rd best player in the draft?

Wilkerson at #33 seems high, but that just might be due to the overall lack of quality in this draft.

Akeem "Monte Beisel" Ayers at #38 also seems high, and that is not due to the overall lack of quality in this draft.

I don't feel much like arguing after the top 40, but Bilal Powell at #90?

Two of my binkies are alot higher then I have seen in other mocks/rankings. Daniel Thomas at 42 and Greg Little at 43. I was hoping the Pats would get them in the 3rd at the earliest. Might not be the case.

My thoughts:

I don't think AJ Green is the best player in the draft. I don't think AJ Green is the best wide receiver in the draft.

I agree here. I really think Julio Jones is the better player. He is a vastly superior blocker, and absurdly tough. I see AJ Green as a very good player, I just don't see the separation between he and Jones that others do. Intangibles, toughness, size, blocking, willingness to go over the middle--Jones is my favorite draft prospect at WR since Calvin Johnson.

Last edited:
I agree here. I really think Julio Jones is the better player. He is a vastly superior blocker, and absurdly tough. I see AJ Green as a very good player, I just don't see the separation between he and Jones that others do. Intangibles, toughness, size, blocking, willingness to go over the middle--Jones is my favorite draft prospect at WR since Calvin Johnson.

Mark my words, Little from NC will be the best WR in this draft.

Mark my words, Little from NC will be the best WR in this draft.

Yes, a receiver who hasn't played since 2009 is going to be the best receiver.. Especially when he loves to let the ball hit his chest instead of catching it with his hands.. :rolleyes:

I think they are both gonna be great. I still think Green is the better of the two. He swallows up everything thrown his way and does not stray from the middle either. Hasn't missed a game in 3 years except for the 4 he was suspended when he sold his game jersey. So yeah, I would say he is pretty tough as well. I also think he plays better at full speed with pads on. I would take either or without much regret although I still think Defense is where the need is the most.

Last draft Gosselin was fairly accurate w/ the Pats draftees -- here's the comparison:

Gosselin's Ranking/ Actual selection

McCourty 24/27
Gronk 34/42
Cunningham 94/53
Spikes 77/62
Hernandez 53/113

Is this really that close? Most everybody had Gronk in the 40s and McCourty in the 20s. He's not very close on Cunningham or Hernandez.

I always thought Gosselin's accuracy was regarding how many of his top 100 picks actually go in the top 100, not where each guy goes.

Justin Houston didn't make the top 100.

This is interesting and I tend to agree with it, although I bet he still goes in the top 100.

Looking back, I like Gosselin's ratings last year. Hernandez was indeed a steal. We drafted 2nd round talent in the 4th round. Arguably Cunningham was a reach. Then and now, I agree with Gosselin.

Is this really that close? Most everybody had Gronk in the 40s and McCourty in the 20s. He's not very close on Cunningham or Hernandez.

I always thought Gosselin's accuracy was regarding how many of his top 100 picks actually go in the top 100, not where each guy goes.

Last edited:
A couple of things that caught my eye:

- Nate Solder @ 13- earliest that I have seen him ranked.
- Not a single ILB ranked in the top 100
- "This is the worst safety board I’ve seen in 20 years. Talent-wise, only one projects in the first 100 picks — Rahim Moore of UCLA in the second round. The next 5-6 safeties all project as fourth-rounders."
- Personal binky Terrell McClain is ranked 58. This about a round, round and a half earlier than I have seen him before.
- Taiwan Jones @ 62 is a lot earlier than I expected. I bet that this is correct and a team will trade up to get him. Speed kills (until the next injury).
- Texas teammates Acho @ 94, Curtis Brown not on the board- so much for any local favoritism.

The link to top 100 article appears to be broken now. I also looked at their website and it is now subscriber content.

I was curious to see where Solder was in Gosselin's Top 100 and I found this. It does reassure me that we didn't pick Solder too early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back