PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gosselin's review of Pats Draft picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty critical of the Maroney pick. And understands and likes the Thomas pick. Kind of opposite of what I'm used to seeing.

Interesting bit o O'Callaghan . Says he could project to play Guard in the NFL.

If this is so then he may get a chance to compete against Neal. If he is as good
as report says and has the power and size over Neal he may win out.

Assuming he is that good, I wouldn't complain about a line that looks like

Light--Mankins--Koppen--O'Callaghan--Kaczur

That could end up being a dominating line.

JR4 said:
Interesting bit o O'Callaghan . Says he could project to play Guard in the NFL.

If this is so then he may get a chance to compete against Neal. If he is as good
as report says and has the power and size over Neal he may win out.

Assuming he is that good, I wouldn't complain about a line that looks like

Light--Mankins--Koppen--O'Callaghan--Kaczur

That could end up being a dominating line.

That would give us an all caucasian OL too. Very different to see in todays NFL. Does any team in the NFL have as many white guys on its roster as the pats? It seems like we have alot more than others.

drew4008 said:
Pretty critical of the Maroney pick. And understands and likes the Thomas pick. Kind of opposite of what I'm used to seeing.
Actually, Gosselin rated MAroney as the best value pick of Rd 1 in an article posted last week. I don't know who wrote this review, but if its Gosselin himself he's talking out of both sides of his mouth.

holyredeemer said:
That would give us an all caucasian OL too. Very different to see in todays NFL. Does any team in the NFL have as many white guys on its roster as the pats? It seems like we have alot more than others.

Hasn't the PATs Oline been that way? But as a team on the whole it might
have about 30% "white guys". But what is your point?

What a dumb ass...............says the Maroney pick made no sense but says Corey Dillon is aging fast. Also says the Patriots could of used a "big strong" CB. Who the hell was left to pick with round 1 value with pick #21? Dude, STFU.

JR4 said:
Hasn't the PATs Oline been that way? But as a team on the whole it might
have about 30% "white guys". But what is your point?

Their actually was no point. I didn't really know that I needed one. Just thought it was kinda interesting. It brought back memories of when a "black" friend of mine, while watching a game with me, pointed out that the Pats have an above avg. amount of "white" players on their team, and that they must be racist. Of course, he was just kidding. However, that memory shot back to me, and I thought to myself (well, damn. He would be really pissed now.) Hope I explained myself good enough for ya.

I agree, that was a strangely negative-ish review of Maroney, given how much he praised the pick at the time. Also, I don't think of Maroney as a "finess" back - not the bruiser that Corey is, but there's got to be a gray area middle-ground here, I think. Weird write-up, but a great article, good find.

But is our O-line TIGHT?

Not Gosselin...

My guess is, the reviews are from a fantasy sports service. Gosselin doesn't do in-depth, pick-by-pick, post-draft write-ups. The "draft grades" are about all you'll get from him.

Any time someone criticizes a college RB's blocking skills, it means they have nothing else to criticize. I don't remember Reggie Bush being a great blocker at USC. What about Cadillac, Tomlinson and Faulk? Was either of those guys a good blocker in college? Definitely not.

Seneschal2 said:
My guess is, the reviews are from a fantasy sports service. Gosselin doesn't do in-depth, pick-by-pick, post-draft write-ups. The "draft grades" are about all you'll get from him.

Huh? I need a little explaination on this comment as the reviews are posted under his name w/ yesterdays date on the website of the newspaper he writes for.

Last edited by a moderator:
holyredeemer said:
Their actually was no point. I didn't really know that I needed one. Just thought it was kinda interesting. It brought back memories of when a "black" friend of mine, while watching a game with me, pointed out that the Pats have an above avg. amount of "white" players on their team, and that they must be racist. Of course, he was just kidding. However, that memory shot back to me, and I thought to myself (well, damn. He would be really pissed now.) Hope I explained myself good enough for ya.
"What's your point"? was a reasonable question to ask of someone who introduces race into a football discussion. It's cool that your post was pointless. :D

Personally, I'm a little worried about the comparisons to DeShaun Foster, who is vastly overrated in my opinion. Let's hope he's at least a little better than Foster.

holyredeemer said:

uh-oh, here we go.....:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
holyredeemer said:
You had to play the race card... Knowing what I do about Belichick & his history I really, really doubt that he counts black/ white heads as he makes up his roster.

SamBamsFan said:
You had to play the race card... Knowing what I do about Belichick & his history I really, really doubt that he counts black/ white heads as he makes up his roster.

Making a noncommital off-season observation on the race of the OL players is not 'playing the race card'. He did not imply that BB counted melanin either. The society is SO PC that one cannot mention race in a non-perjorative manner without the PC police chiming in.

If however the original poster has a history of posting racial slurs (I'm not saying he/she does) then I could see the reason for the snippiness and would retract my comments.

PatsWickedPissah said:
Making a noncommital off-season observation on the race of the OL players is not 'playing the race card'. He did not imply that BB counted melanin either. The society is SO PC that one cannot mention race in a non-perjorative manner without the PC police chiming in.

If however the original poster has a history of posting racial slurs (I'm not saying he/she does) then I could see the reason for the snippiness and would retract my comments.

No, I dont have a history of racial slurs in my posts. I guess I am just not as racially sensitive as some posters on this board, and failed to take into account other peoples sensitivity to such matters. So, if I offended anyone I am sorry. I am not apologizing for what I said, cause I dont feel like I said anything "RACIAL" but I apologize to anyone who might have been offended by my comments. That was not their intended purpose.

Also, wicked pissah. I have been looking for some property in NH, and see that you live there. Can you drop me an e-mail so I can ask you some ?'s about the areas and such? I would really appreciate it. The same also goes for any NH or Maine folks on this board. Please help a Californian out. Thanx everybody.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey