PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gosselin's final mock and top 100 are out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would find the Marshall pick most diasappointing. Gosselin is usually accurate. This time I hope he is not.

I don't ant Marshall at #21......... #52 absolutely. A big hoorah from me.:rocker:

Feep_FLA said:
I don't ant Marshall at #21......... #52 absolutely. A big hoorah from me.:rocker:
Please... I'm kidding folks. Now there's almost no chance of this happening. No mock draft in memory has correctly predicted the labyrinthine mind of BB. You can sleep well.

mac said:
I would find the Marshall pick most diasappointing. Gosselin is usually accurate. This time I hope he is not.

It depends.
He's accurate to determine the position who will be drafted but not that much (as well as other mockers) for the specific guy. Less than 30% of accuracy there.

PonyExpress said:
Please... I'm kidding folks. Now there's almost no chance of this happening. No mock draft in memory has correctly predicted the labyrinthine mind of BB. You can sleep well.
In 2001 Gosselin predicted the Seymour pick.
In 2004 Gosselin predicted the Wilfork pick.

He thinks we take Marshall because the olb's are gone. However, there
are two players he has below us who will be gone when we pick IMO.
W.Justice and S. Holmes. I think one of the three olb's fall to us. And,
we scramble like hell trying to trade up to get Marshall in Round 2 if
he falls out of the first. I would take Justice in his scenario. Starting
RT for the next 10 years.

Miguel said:
In 2001 Gosselin predicted the Seymour pick.
In 2004 Gosselin predicted the Wilfork pick.

And in 2003, MOST mock drafts predicted the Warren pick. Don't know specifically what Gosselin precdicted for the Pats that year.

Gosseling predicts a run on LBs, which is a very reasonable assumption. 3 years ago, there was a run on DTs, which cause the Pats to move up to 13 to grab Warren - who everyone thought would be there when we picked at 21. 2 years ago, there was a run on WRs (Fitz, Roy and Reggie Williams, Clayton, Evans), which cause Wilfork to fall in our lap. In this scenario, Santonio Holmes falls right in our lap and we should take him.

The interesting thing about Gosselin's draft is if Leinart falls past the Raiders, there will be all kinds of trade activity going on at 8, 9 and 10 to position for Leinart as well as the 2 DTs.

Profootball Weekly also has the Pats taking Marshall at #21.

This is a great effort. I suspect that some of these picks are not based on talent but on discussions with teams. And BTW, other then the two below, this draft does well at drafting talent as well.

Denver is a spot for Holmes instead of Cromartie.
And of course San Diego could take Justice instead O'Neill. This doesn't make any more linebackers available. This draft is rook's nightmare, a rush on linebackers.

I'm fine with Hill or Marshall at 21.

patsfaninpa said:
He thinks we take Marshall because the olb's are gone. However, there
are two players he has below us who will be gone when we pick IMO.
W.Justice and S. Holmes. I think one of the three olb's fall to us. And,
we scramble like hell trying to trade up to get Marshall in Round 2 if
he falls out of the first. I would take Justice in his scenario. Starting
RT for the next 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back