Welcome to PatsFans.com

Gospel of Christ- Big Daddy Weave

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by 3 to be 4, Oct 2, 2006.

1. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

2. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Just because you can not get enough attention on General Talk does not give you the right to post on the Political Board. I think ALL parties will agree with me on this issue.
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +159 / 7 / -13

I agree here this is fodder for the General Board not the Political Board.
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

:trolls: :ditto: :robot:

this seems as good a place as any to try out a few of these secondary smilies. Particularly this one:blahblah:
  5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +875 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

He's free to post religion here as it relates to politics. If he seeks to teach religion then it belongs in the general forum...my opinion.
  6. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Fine with me, but I didn't get the political angle of his first post.
  7. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Ive listened to Big Daddy Weave a few times now. Im confident they wont lead to wars and death. :)
  8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +875 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

This from the senior citizen who posts a weekly prayer in the Patriots forum...gotta love America. Land of the Free home of the Hypocrite.
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  9. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Get your personal dislike for Religion out of your head, and open your eyes to the truth of the love Jesus has for you.
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +534 / 2 / -9

I didn't even read it, who gives a
    sh!t,

God Is Great
    :bricks:
  11. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I have a question 3 to be 4. If you were to use your favorite bittorrent client to steal the Left Behind book series, would that be considered a mortal, or somewhat lesser sin? Now its clearly a crime in the eyes of man being that they are all copywrited; but aren't those capitalist heathens restricting people from the word of god by charging for it at all?
  12. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +264 / 10 / -26

You are clogging up this board with your you tube posts, no substantive response.. if you are so religious why don't you respond from a religious point of view to the Amish School Shootings, or to the Pedophilia scandal effecting the congress. If you want to get along here stop posting the same message over and over, most of us probably will not listen and probably none of us will convert to whatever you are selling.
  14. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +183 / 4 / -6

Watching that video, it makes me wonder how anyone could love a God that allowed his son to be tortured. My view is that Jesus was human, a great one, as great as people like Lincoln, Martin Luther King, Mohatma Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, and a few others. You don't need Christianity or any other religion to be a good and decent person. I don't see the point.
  15. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I tend to agree with you Patters and the reason why we see 3tobe4's such messages is that the poor kid is trying to score a free ticket to heaven.
    It is (his humble attempt at) Proselytism and it is going to get him a clean slate / backstage pass, in his distorted view.
  16. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

theres no "free ticket" to heaven. The Bible says there is a simple requirement. Repentance for your sin, Acceptance that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that He died on the cross for your sin, and was resurrected 3 days later.

Faith in Him, Having a relationship of belief and trust in Jesus Christ is what brings us to Salvation. And the Bible says that once we have that we can never be seperated from Him again.

I already have that knowledge. My awesome God is with me and will never let me go.
  17. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Jesus came to fulfill the prophesy and die for our sin so we didnt have to. God loved us so much He sent his son to die on the cross, to take the punishment for us, so that we would have a way to Salvation.

And 3 days after Jesus died on the cross, He resurrected. He lives in Heaven next to the Father.

The goal isnt to become "better", its to make God bigger in your heart. Put Him first, and you'll be fine.

its all in the Gospels.

http://bibledev.azaz.com/bibleresources/bible_kjv.php
  18. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +183 / 4 / -6

It strikes me as perverse that an all powerful god would show his love in that way. He didn't have to do it like that. He's God!
  19. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

exactly. He's God. and we're not. He did it as it was prophesised in order to offer man a solution to his sin, and at the same time to prove to man that he was who He said He was.

It would indeed be perverse to the ways of mans world. We cannot fathom that kind of love. We can only understand what is best for ourselves.

Jesus died a horrible death on earth, but He reigns supreme as we speak. His resurrection showed the way to a hope of things to come.

It would be pretty sad to think this life is all there is. The Bible tells us this is only the beginning, and its our choice how we are going to live it here, and how we are going to spend it for eternity.

Jesus himself explained all this in his ministry. the Book of Matthew is an excellent read. Everything I never understood was all made very clear from reading that Book in the Gospels in particular.

We dont have to understand all the reasons God does what he does. THats why He is God. As it says in Proverbs, Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him ,and He will direct your paths.

Praise the Lord.
  20. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Jesus is indeed the Messiah, and He is coming once again. What good news that is for all of us.

Have a blessed night