Welcome to PatsFans.com

Gore

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

He wants you to do something but he won't, why the hell is anybody listening to this bellowing babbling idiot?

WASHINGTON, DC – Former Vice President Al Gore refused to take a “Personal Energy Ethics Pledge” today to consume no more energy than the average American household. The pledge was presented to Gore by Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.), Ranking Member of the Environment and Public Works Committee, during today’s global warming hearing.

Senator Inhofe showed Gore a film frame from “An Inconvenient Truth” where it asks viewers: “Are you ready to change the way you live?”

Gore has been criticized for excessive home energy usage at his residence in Tennessee. His electricity usage is reportedly 20 times higher than the average American household.
    http://epw.senate.gov/public/index....ecord_id=7616011f-802a-23ad-435e-887baa7069ca
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +281 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

LMAO that guy is a loser. I may run my lights a little extra tonight in honor of him. Screw you, Gore.
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

I'm watching Hardball, and the reporting is 1,000% slanted toward Global Warming hysteria. David Sheuster said everyone on the panel today agreed that Global Warming is man made. Huh?
  4. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +281 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I read a one page synopsis and know that not to be true. What's wrong with these people ?

Maybe he Sheuster was going to the bathroom during this exchange :

"You're not just off a little, you're totally wrong," said Texas Rep. Joe Barton, the leading Republican on the House Energy and Commerce Committee, as he challenged Gore's conclusion that carbon dioxide emissions cause rising global temperatures."
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +123 / 7 / -13

I heard that at one point the Goreacle claiomed that man made CO2 was heavier than natural CO2. If this is accurate what a hoot.
  6. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Why would Gore, who I presume is a multimillionaire and may own a number of good sized homes, want to take a pledge to consume what an average American consumes in energy? From watching Hardball, I gathered that Gore will not throw his hat in the ring as he was not soft on what was needed to be done to fight global warming. For example, the upgrade of West Virginia's coal burning facilities, which ultimately cost Gore vote in West Virginia in 2000. You can disagree with what Gore says concerning global warming, but please, a freakin' personal pledge on energy consumption.
  7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +123 / 7 / -13

Perhaps to show he is not full of s**t in his concern about Global warming being caused by human CO2 production. Since he talks the talk let him walk the walk.

BTW in another matter people who testify are required to submit their testimony 48 hrs in advance. Gore requested an exemption and was told he had to submit it 24 and then 12 hrs in advance. Well he handed it to the committee 1 minute before he testified. What an arrogant pig. Apparently he didn't want anyone to have the opportunity the analyze and rebut any of his inaccurate nonsense, al least until the MSM could get some sound bites to spin for the Goreacle.
  8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +281 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Well he should walk the walk. If he wants me to conserve then he should conserve. What's that the Libs always say about the rich being able to afford to pay more taxes ? Well Gore can "afford" to cut his energy more than me. You guys ask how much money the rich need . . . well how many and how big of a house does Gore need ? You guys are always happy to bring the wealth of the rich down, how about bringing the energy use of them down the same way ?

Does he "need" a mansion ? Or is he just a greedy, energy wasting bastard ?
  9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +281 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

The bottom line is it's supposedly about how much we contribute to global warming. He has no reason to contribute more than me other than his chosen lifestyle.
  10. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

All I am saying is, its pretty ludicrous to ask a millionaire to consume what the average American consumes on energy. Yes, he should lead by example. He could install some high-tech. energy equipment on his estate. But, to slam him for living a standard of a millionaire is fairly ridiculous.
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

He could and should lead by example to the limit that he can. He should and could convert his power consumption to fully renewable, regardless of the cost, and drive only vehicles with alternative power. He could and should compost all of his waste and limit the non-degradable wastes. There's no reason he can't. It's his own fault he looks like and IS a fraud.
  12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +123 / 7 / -13

Not when he is telling others to alter THEIR lifestyles, worse is their insistence that development in the third wolrd must be limited to save the world. Telling the poeple in Africa that THEIR children have to live in poverty while he buys carbon credits for himself is obscene.
  13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +281 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

No it's not. If it's such a grave concern it should be a polution/person standard not a polution/$ net worth standard.
  14. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

This is a joke, right. A Senator who is bitter over the last election loss by Republicans, has his aid, who is a former worker for Rush Limbaugh, challenges Gore to a pledge not to use more then the average American. Yea, I would sign that. If I had millions of dollars, I would not spend more then the average American. No big boats for me. My house, why its 2400 sq '. Yea, I want the fossil fuel Senator who collects money from big oil and the high-tech dig em up coal from the mines in Virginia to rule on the environment. Gore is on a roll and has the publics ear, much to the chagrin of Gore haters.
  15. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +821 / 44 / -47

Disable Jersey

Seems like someone didn't catch the hearings....tsk, tsk.:

Gore's getting exposed for the fraud he's always been, just as global warming is.
  16. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

:wha:

Real, are you seriously expressing *surprise* at what you see on Hardball??!!!

//
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2007
  17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

Who in the name of God is Al Gore to be telling the rest of us how to live, who is Al Gore to be telling us that the earth is melting, is this lunatic a scientist, is this fool God, why do people even listen to him he is no better than the nut you see in the subway with a sign saying "The End Of The World Is Coming Next Monday" why does this country in a time of war and with all the other problems we have waste their time listening to this raving idiot.

Al Gore himself is becoming a "danger to humanity" it won't be long before you will pick the paper up some morning and read where some "young thinker" has killed themselves because Al Gore said the world was going to explode.

Why is Gore getting all this attention the man is nothing but a disgruntled politician who lost an election to a so called "moron" therefore he must say to himself "if a moron beat me I must be a bigger moron" and this has driven the man insane.

What the hell does Loser Politician Al Gore know about the earths Climate, why do Liberals fawn and slobber all over Al Gores words and completely discredit Scientists that have been studying the Climate for all of their lives, Al Gore is a nothing, Britney Spears knows just as much about the Earths Climate as Gore does maybe more.

"Mr President Gore" should retire from public life, grow another beard, then get up each morning and go into Central Park and feed the pigeons with Dan Rather, they can day dream together about how things might have been if it wasn't for that damn little Moron in the White House.

Al Gore you fool, if you read my post listen to this "STOP SCARING OUR CHILDREN"
    :bricks: