Welcome to PatsFans.com

Gore: U.S. Climate Bill Will Help Bring About 'Global Governance'

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

I told you so. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Gore: U.S. Climate Bill Will Help Bring About 'Global Governance'

Climate Depot Exclusive

Friday, July 10, 2009By Marc Morano – Climate Depot

Former Vice President Al Gore declared that the Congressional climate bill will help bring about “global governance.”

“I bring you good news from the U.S., “Gore said on July 7, 2009 in Oxford at the Smith School World Forum on Enterprise and the Environment, sponsored by UK Times.

“But it is the awareness itself that will drive the change and one of the ways it will drive the change is through global governance and global agreements.”

Gore's call for “global governance” echoes former French President Jacques Chirac's call in 2000. On November 20, 2000, then French President Chirac said during a speech at The Hague that the UN's Kyoto Protocol represented "the first component of an authentic global governance."

Gore: U.S. Climate Bill Will Help Bring About 'Global Governance' | Climate Depot

2. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

3. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Weird... didn't see that one coming.
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +163 / 4 / -4

Here's a larger segment of his speech:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article6658672.ece

He also talks about how if we became more responsible we would do an awfully lot of good. For instance, coal companies are only 30% efficient; 90% of the energy produce by auto gas is wasted; and transforming energy, e.g., from natural gas to electricity to heat is enormously wasteful.

As far as global governance, that's in there too. Apparently, consevatives are unaware that Kyoto is global treaties that lead to a degree of global governance of this issue. Cap and trade is designed to fit into this framework.

Next the righties will be wanting to get rid of the World Trade Organizaton to bring back tariffs and other forms of protectionism. Just kidding. This is just another example of right-wing hypocrisy.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +176 / 5 / -22

Sent my money to Lucia, no last name, and signed up for Newts Newsletter... maybe he will detail his BJ exploits in the Senate Parking lot...
  6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +163 / 4 / -4

There are far more people profiting off of global warming than fighting global warming. As far as Gore goes, he said that every penny he gets from his investments in the area is going to his efforts to fight global warming. Does that mean no-one's profiting off the issue? Some of my investments are green. Are you against profiting off things you believe in? If someone profits off something they believe in, does that make them liars? Your point is amont the most ridiculous of those made by the global warming deniers (who are often funded by Exxon and the like).

As far as your unsourced chart goes, here's a far better sourced chart:

http://sciencepolicy.colorado.edu/prometheus/archives/1990 IPCC verification.png
    - Prometheus: Verification of 1990 IPCC Temperature Predictions Archives
  7. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +281 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

No mention of nukes, I imagine. Nor the extremely polluted India and China who are saying "thanks but no thanks" to cutting emissions, making any of our efforts largely (not totally) insignificant while making us even less competitive globally.
  8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Is anyone really surprised by Gore on this?? This has been the unspoken agenda all along. The "elites" *must* rule all of us "dummies" 'cause they "know what's what", while we are all "unwashed rubes."

The left in action. One last desperate attempt to pull the wool over everybody's eyes long enough to get themselves ensconced in power forever and ever. Then, like Castro in Cuba, Chavez in Venezuela, Mugabe in Zimbabwe, Morales in Peru, and all other dictators, they want to make their terms in office UNlimited, in perpetuity. Think: Kim Ilsung/Kim Jongil/ and now his son. Constitutions???? Just toilet paper to these guys. Don't forget: these people are "elite". Ask 'em, they'll tell you.

"America's the greatest country in history, and I want you to join with me to change it." -- Barrack Hussein Obama

//