Welcome to PatsFans.com

Gore as lighting rod?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by sdaniels7114, Jul 20, 2007.

1. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'm beginning to believe that Gore is taking one for the team. I think that as long as he stays sort of near 'about to file' status in terms of the Presidential election, he seems to be attracting a decent chunk of the bile that the Republicans have to spew. As long as right wing bloggers are b!tching about what fish he had for dinner or if he forgot to shut off the porch light (thereby over consuming electricity) they have no time to sling mud at any of the actual candidates.

The basic election strategy for President is to energize the base with more extremist views early on and then run to the middle. So now is the time to attack a candidate because his/her current position is as far from an exact mainstream position as its going to get. If you can beat down a candidate early on, they won't have the resources to move decisively to the middle as the race gets hot. If you can't beat a particular candidate down, because you're focusing on the wrong one, that candidate saves money and other resources and never has to pander to the extreme side of his/her party. This makes it hard to attach stupid catch phrases like 'flip-flopper.'

So go ahead righties keep attacking someone who's not running. Its only making your worst fear that much more likely:

8 more years of 'President Clinton.'
  2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

gore deflects criticism, and ron paul takes away just enough votes from whoever so that a democrat ultimately wins.
  3. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Don't you worry your ignorant little liberal mind... there will be plenty of time for all that next summer...
    No, now is the time to attack the cadidate you are most afraid of getting the nomination. For many Republicans, including myself, that person is Gore. Neither Hillary "I wish I were a man" Clinton nor Barack Hussein Obama worries me as much as Gore does.
    It's obvious what you're doing here is criticizing right wing bloggers because you hope they are employing poor strategy but not because they actually are employing poor strategy.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Gore as hypocritical buffoon??

I don't think many are worried about his phantom candidacy.

//
  5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Right off the bat with the insults huh?