Welcome to PatsFans.com

Gop

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Gainzo, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Is it just me or do the Republicans try to repeal every bill passed and signed by a Democrat? I'm 100% serious about this.

The GOP doesn't do anything, when they have control of the house/senate, apart from striking down any and all bills that were passed by Democrats before they had power. How is that good government?

GOP House/Senate: We will repeal everything the Democrats did. And then we will do...........nothing.
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Its not just you...

I bet they'd repeal the Zero Taxes - Zero abortions - Prayer in every school all the time Act if it was passed by a dem.

sweet job, bros!
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  3. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Both parties do this, particularly in our polarized political atmosphere. One is not worse than the other. The only thing they seem to agree on is that they don't want any other significant parties to enter the scene.
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

+1, especially on the latter.
  5. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Another thing with the GOP. If they hate Government so much why do they want to control all Government? I don't see many GOP house/senate members not accepting their $170K salary's or not signing up for the extremely generous government health plan.

Apart from repealing bills passed by Democrats all they do is not fund agencies they don't like or appoint people with an agenda to run those agencies.

Like when Bush appointed Ann Veneman as the Agriculture Secretary. Who is Ann Veneman? A board member of Calgene.

My favourite is Steven Griles. He was a lobbyist for coal, natural gas and oil. Perfect guy to be the Deputy of the Interior :rolleyes:
  6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

I think this will be a major campaign theme for the Democrats.

The reality is that the Republicans have acted like radical extremists with their groupthink, voting in lockstep and even refusing to support compromises that were negotiated among responsible Republicans (such as the Gang of Six). I believe the goal of the Tea Party is nihilism, i.e., to do enough damage to the country that the country responds as Germany, Spain, and Italy did in the 1930s.

I believe that what we are seeing by a powerful segment of the population is the rise of white rights, though they won't admit it, and there are many people who will look the other way just as was the case in Europe in the 1930s. I think that our nation is in danger, and I'm not sure that Obama is tough enough to lead us out of this danger. If he continues to try to appease the right, then we are in serious trouble.
  7. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

God I love to be winning... so much better than those freakish supermajorities.