Welcome to PatsFans.com

GOP Stunned By Loss in Mississippi

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, May 14, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +281 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Hold onto your wallets, everyone, Obama's coming for it.

:mad:
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

Republicans have only themselves to blame they just sit back like little worms and let these vicious grinning democrats kick the sh!t out of them.

America will now have it's new found "Messiah King" for President and this country is in for some big time trouble, pray for your families, Barack & Michelle are "bad news" but they won't start acting up until they are safely installed into America's White House.

THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE GOING TO ELECT A PRESIDENT THAT THEY DON'T KNOW A F-CKING THING ABOUT, EVERY OTHER PRESIDENT THAT THIS COUNTRY HAS HAD HAVE GONE THROUGH THE WRINGER, THEIR CLOSETS HAVE BEEN GONE THROUGH WITH FINE TOOTH COMBS, THE DIRTY BASTARDS DIDN'T DARE DO THIS TO THIS PADDLE EAR A$S HOLE FOR FEAR OF THE "RACIST SH!T"

REMEMBER WE STILL DON'T KNOW THE "REAL MR & MRS BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA"------BUT WE WILL.

Geraldine Ferraro was right you know, thats what is going to elect him.

94% of Black America voting for Obama (could there be a little racism there)

:bricks:
    Last edited: May 14, 2008
  5. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No, because all racism is based on power, don't you understand that? So if a black person doesn't like white people or would support an underqualified black person just because they're black, that doesn't make them racist, because black people are incapable of being racists because they have no power.

Haven't you been paying attention to Patters all this time?

:rocker:

:bricks:
  6. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +82 / 5 / -9

#37 Jersey

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/05/13/politics/main4094557.shtml

:eek:

Must make PF1996 and Patters real happy to get these democrats in office.
  7. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I just wish these conservative type guys wouldn't call themselves Democrats. But what do you expect? Republicans are falling all over themselves to try and be "nice". Why elect a weak Republican when you can get a Democrat that shares your values?
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 4 / -2

I was going to post this. It's funny that they're "stunned" by this. Are they really that out of touch with reality? Have they not seen the size of their government? Have they not seen the invasion of our southern border? Iraq anyone? $127 oil? Were they not paying attention when they got ***** slapped in 2006? How stupid are the politicians in this country? What's worse is the people who think that voting democrat is going to make things better. It's coke or pepsi. Poop or puke. In a couple of years, we'll see 1994 all over again, which will be a 2006 an election or two after that. Coke or Pepsi people. Every few years we simply switch. Sadly, all our politicians have to do these days, is point a finger at the other guy. We elect people because we don't like someone, or something, and not because we believe that said person will do a good job. That's really not a good process moving forward. We've got a record $3.1 Trillion budget that isn't even enough, and I'm reading about raising taxes. We're so screwed.
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

Gee, I never thought of it like that, so when they call us "white mother f-ckers" it's not racist, it's because they have no power, well for the next four years they won't be able to pull that sh!t, they'll be in the White House----------:singing:
  10. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The sky is falling!
  11. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Exactly. And when the two black guys in one of my political science classes--who'd been friendly with me before--started calling me a cracker ass mother f-cker and stuff just because I was a registered Republican...they weren't being racist or anything. If I called them the n word, that would be racist and sexist and homophobic and every other goddam thing. But cracker and stuff...that's not racist.

See how it works? No one can do anything bad except straight white men.
  12. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

You're so right, no one we elect (especially to capital hill or the prez.) gives a rats azz about the people that elected them any more. Its almost like were on our own, on a sinking ship and its every man,woman,and child for themselves sometimes.
  13. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

we're all going to die
  14. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Hi ya Paul how you doing on this fine day?
    I wanted to put sometimes in there some where,so i went back and did.
  15. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

People can bring about change. Sitting around saying "we're so screwed" isn't the way to do it. I'm a pretty cynical person, but I still have faith in the basic structure of the country and think it could be taken back--it won't be easy, but it could happen.

I mean--when Wildo and I can have conversations and explain our positions and reach some type of agreement, even if it's just an agreement to respect each others differing opinions, why can't our 'citizen legislators' do the same? Oh, because they aren't citizen legislators any longer. So we need to take it back.

One way
    or
    another.
  16. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'm okay, how about you?

About to reach the time where I'm released from having to sit here and can go work on my bowls.
  17. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

"Oh, because they aren't citizen legislators any longer. " I believe they call thisBINGO around here. ;)
  18. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Thats more than anyone needs to know,but I'll alert the media anyways. The Herald is looking for something new to put on the front page to distract people...."A.PAUL Takes a Dump" Oh and don't get stuck. :D
  19. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 4 / -2

I sometimes wonder if you're better off being a turnip in this country. Someone who doesn't know, care, or follow politics. Just go to work, collect your check, and make due with what you got. Cuz the more you know, the more frustrated you become. I just don't see any politician out there that has realistic goals and solutions to our problems. I hear alot of folly & promises, but no legitimate answers. Obviously my frustration doesn't mean I don't enjoy life, or dwell on it all day long. I'm just posting in a political forum, where I'm able to vent with people that might understand. I don't whine to my mom when the Pats lose, or too my sister when some fool gets lucky in the river. This is the appropriate place to voice political frustrations. So with in mind, the ship is taking on lots, and lots of water. Just look at this state flex. We've got a deficit, yet the pols added on earmarks for the B-ball HOF, and some tourism council in Waltham. The fed is worse. We've got a record budget, and record tax reciepts, yet it's not enough to pay the bills, and people are talking about raising taxes. **sigh** :(
  20. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

RW you used the word Frustrated, I think thats an apt term. You vote and wait for things to change but they almost never do. Obviously thats why people have become so apathetic about the whole process. (What does it matter even if i do vote its not going to change anything.) I've heard that and felt it myself.