Welcome to PatsFans.com

GOP Rep resigns over "racy" Craigslist photos..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Feb 9, 2011.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 15 / -29

Another do gooder who got the "beltway disease", and he resigned.. wonder what Cuomo is going to do in this heavy Republican District.. stay tuned.

Thinking with the wrong "head" again..

Or course there will be those who blame Craigslist..

Rep. Chris Lee resigns over suggestive photos - Jake Sherman and John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  2. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

People are out of control...the dude all has his shirt off flexing for the picture lol, wife is at home being a good women taking care of his kids...jerk, hope she dumps his ass!

3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Meanwhile, the married Senator who killed his girlfriend while drunk driving, the Congressman who ran a male brothel out of his house, and the Congressmen who molested a minor about 25 years his junior continued serving for decades and decades (one of whom is actually still in office, believe it or not).

4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,441 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,441 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Why are you deflecting?

This guy is a piece of crap ...

Gawker — Today's gossip is tomorrow's news

6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +315 / 9 / -13

He seems to be a dirtbag and I am glad to see his party isn't closing ranks trying to keep him in office, as we see too frequently.

can appoint senators IIRC in the case of Reps they hold special elections. Cuomo will appoint a dem. Districts shouldn't be assigned to political parties regardless of past voting patterns. Hopefully there will be a prompt special election to replace this dirtbag.

7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think he should resign purely based on grounds that he is a complete moron to do what he did using his real name and sending actual pics.

But seriously. You're simply delusional if you don't think there is a sizable number of Congressmen engaging in behavior just as illicit (if not moreso). From JFK to Billy Bluedress (2 cents to Harry Boy), Washington is chock full of such pieces of crap. Good to know one of the political parties doesn't tolerate it.

8. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,441 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

You're telling the member here who thinks 95% of these people suck ... but we need them so we can go about our daily routines.

9. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +299 / 3 / -4

:) yup

true

false

10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +628 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

Really? Which one is that?

(Think Mark Sanford and John Ensign for starters)

11. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,060 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

He's a douchebag. Clearly this guy isn't all that bright. Using his name and tossing pics like that around carelessly does speak to his poor judgment, so, on some level, I can understand someone being forced out because of that.

I'm sure I'll have the Puritan Ethics Committee after me, but unless something someone does in the bedroom has a material effect on their performance in office, I just don't care. If sexual purity is going to be such a determining factor in who runs this country, we better start electing eunuchs. But as partisan politics continues to deepen, caterwauling about this kind of thing is going to be valuable leverage that plays very well to party supporters.

TL;DR version - Does anyone find it kind of odd that a politician can lie to his/her constituents for years and years, and everyone is cool, or, at least, exceedingly patient with it? An idiot cheats on his wife and it's out with the pitchforks. Hmmmm...

12. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +628 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

I don't give a darn, either, but what I find humorous is the fact that it becomes partisan most because Conservative politicians tend to be the ones who so wholeheartedly promote "family values," and a Christian lifestyle and tend to be exceedingly intolorant of any behaviour which goes against those things and yet that part of it is always ignored when something like this happens by those who supported the person or the person's politics in the first place. I don't dislike them because they cheated on their wife, I dislike them because they are hypocritical and they spend most of their career railing against anyone else who they perceived as loose moraled.

Liberals tend to be more accepting that all people have failings and they generally just plan on picking them up, dusting them off and maybe giving them a feww condom or two for future missteps.

Just a generality, I know, but it seems valid enough to me.

Again, think Mark Sanford or John Ensign - there's no pitchforks in sight, both men stayed in their positions and nothing really bad happened to either of them.

13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +559 / 15 / -29

The effort to deflect about Kennedy is apparent, if the internet was alive and well when Teddy killed Mary Jo Kopechne he would just be a footnote.. however, times have changed as have the standards for politicians..

Many will scoff at this, but those of us who watched the subsequent proceedings against Teddy were sickened by the response of the judicial system and the saddest alibi of all time.. probably would not happen today.

Getting back to the topic at hand, too bad for his wife and children to have to witness this idiotic behavior..

14. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +288 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

Is that why this thread was started by a liberal?

How about this one?

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/12/733360-national-enquirer-publishes-story-accusing-john-boehner-extramarital-affairs.html

This one?

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/12/730121-more-public-corruption-clarence-thomas-fails-report-686k-wifes-income.html

Or this one?

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/12/731680-400-rabbis-call-murdoch-discipline-ailes-beck-holocaust-rhetoric.html

I guess morality is in the eye of the beholder, eh? Some failings are more equal than others?

15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +559 / 15 / -29

Here is your first clue, this is a partisan board.. the right has always had a holier than thou attitude and as a group wants to impose their moral views on the majority. He wrote an editorial about the dangers of the internet..

GUEST VIEW: Teen Internet safety must be a priority Opinion Tonawanda News

And then he gets caught in the machine.. there is hypocrisy on both sides of the aisle, but for someone to warn about the dangers of the internet and then get caught up in it.. shows some serious character flaws..

16. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +628 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

I have no idea why the starter of this thread started it....I know if I start one on the topic of infidelity it's generally because of the reason I stated earlier - to point out the hypocrisy and it's amusing.

How about this one?

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/12/733360-national-enquirer-publishes-story-accusing-john-boehner-extramarital-affairs.html

If you read the thread most of it (including the remarks made in the opening post) is questioning the believability of the National Enquirer - no one's calling for Boehner's resignation or even saying he's guilty.

This one?

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/12/730121-more-public-corruption-clarence-thomas-fails-report-686k-wifes-income.html

Public corruption is hardly the same as private infidelity - unless you think it is.

Or this one?

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/12/731680-400-rabbis-call-murdoch-discipline-ailes-beck-holocaust-rhetoric.html

Ditto for encouraging Anti-Semitism.

See above. Do you place public corruption by a public official and a call to Anti-Semitism on the same par as a private infidelity? I certainly don't....but maybe that's just me.

17. The Brandon Five

Ratings:
    +288 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

I know it's partisan. I just think that the whole meme of "liberals are more understanding" is "holier than thou" in different form.

18. The Brandon Five

Ratings:
    +288 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

You didn't identify which failings you would give someone a hug for. So it's safe to say you think that your morality is superior to others because you are focused on the right infractions?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  19. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +628 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

From Chris Lee's op-ed:

Through the Internet, with a few keystrokes and the click of a button, a young person can call up information for a research project, make new friends or discover new hobbies.

At the same time, responding to what may seem like a friendly e-mail or an appealing marketing offer can have serious consequences. Private information and images can so easily be transmitted to friends and strangers alike.

Indeed, for as much promise as the Internet offers young people in the form of educational resources and social connections, there is great concern about the dangers and unknowns associated with a medium that is growing by several billion web pages per day.

Now see, I'm sorry, but I find that just plain eye-watering funny.

Here's a dude who claims one of his priorities is keeping the Internet safe from sexual predators.

This same dude then turns around and gets caught sending sexy pictures of himself while totally telling lies about his age, lies about his marital status and lies about his occupation with the express purpose of deceiving some unknown woman on the Internet.

How does anyone, of any political bent, not admit the irony here?

20. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +628 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

Why would you say I'd give anyone "a hug" for any of the failing mentioned? Did I say that anywhere? Pointing out that the accusations are different an the consequences of them in regards to the public at large is hardly "hugging" any one of them.

Why not just answer my question with something other than a question?

Or can't you?