Welcome to PatsFans.com

GOP pressured US Attorneys to help win 2006 election

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, May 19, 2007.

1. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

[HIGHLIGHT] ONLY IN CHICAGO?? [/HIGHLIGHT]

//

4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Hey wow yet another thread where the nitwitcons got nothing better to debate with than raising their font. It must truly suck that king George so frequently sends you foot soldiers out to fight with unloaded rifles.

5. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Gee, yet another post for SOME of the liberals in here to bath in mastibatory glee at something this administration did that "appears" shady or un-ethical.

Dudes, many of us 'righties' already get it. Bush sucks as a leader (7-10 of us think so, including me). Not in everything he does, but am certainly not happy in his overall performance in many areas. Beleive me, right now all the politicians are flucking up our country so there plenty of venom to spread about. But come on, every time he blows his nose is no reason pull out the "he's the devil" card. It makes you appear "unhinged".

Plus I gotta tell ya, with of all the fluck-ups to choose from. This one is among his least significant to me. It's just smells like another Washington D.C. poitical circle-jerk to me

I know it's a political forum and not a lot of football going on and I get that, but is there any reason we couldn't spend a little time talking about things we can do, or what we'd like to see done politically, instead of Bushs suck, bush is great or whatever. I gotta tell ya, I've only be here a few months,

Are we grown ups? lets debate like grown ups then. Don't these "nan-nan nan-nan-nan" posts day in and day-out get ever get tiresome?

I know I'm newer in here, but is it always like this? just asking.

Last edited: May 19, 2007
  6. mikey

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I thought you were missing the point. This is not another "Bush sucks" thread.

This thread is about the Republican Party using the Deparment of Justice as a political tool to influence the 2006 election.

7. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

I see your point, my apologies to your thread, and the drift I took it.

I was kinda responding to the post I referrenced above, which pulled the "King George" in. I should have wrote my post narrower (not to the thread, but to the post itself). Overall point being, no matter what topic comes up, the "devil George" it responsible.

As too your thread, and the article, I've only got one thing to say: Lotta good it did em' :cool:

** - I'll edit my post to read POST instead of THREAD. I should have said that in the first place. Again, my apologies.

8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

I'd rather have Bush than Gore/Kerry but I don't think I would vote for Bush again, the Illegal Alien thing was the last straw for me, you will constantly hear the Bush haters whine and B!tch about Iraq and when you ask them what their plan would be it is nothing but cut & run "surrender", ask a new Democrat how they will FIGHT the Muslim Terrorists and they will never give you a straight answer, never, I still don't think they can get it through their looney dip sh!t heads that if they win the election in 2008 they are going to have to fight a War and their enemy are Bloodthirsty Religious Savages who want to bring death to this country, they admit it and the whacky democrats still smile and blame Bush, the Muslims were attacking us all through the nineties when Bush was down in Texas beating up democrats.

The Muslim Terrorist will beat the living sh!t out of this group of pansies the Democrats are trying to get elected, they have nobody with the guts to take the Muslims on if one of them gets elected this country is in big trouble.
    :bricks:

9. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Reading the article more, seems like a little cya on his behalf. LA Times is know for hatchet jobs like this, so it's pretty typical. Not saying he is wrong, but there is a whole other side. I think I'll wait to hear what the Federal Investigator say.

Bottom Line: It say right in the Misson Statement

They actually get fired all the time. In fact almost all of em' get fired without cause evertime the administration changes. It's the way it is. I can see why it's in his interest to put a story like this out.

Again, I've no knowledge one way or the other if his story is full of doo, or telling the truth. Time will see. It wouldn't surprise me, but it also seems like a bit of a strech too.

10. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

In due time, I'm almost certain Bush's greatest failure will end up to be the "IMMIGRATION" travisty. It has the single greatest ability to forever change the course of this country. In 5-6 we will increase our population by close to 8% (20-22 Million) mostly poor people that will be a fiscal burden. Many are adults that will soon siphon off SS and medcare systems. The shear weight of the fiscal burden will pull us quietly under the water we've barly floated on for 30-40 years.

Bush doesn't own this one alone either. They all failed us (the current American people). America as you know it is gone.

11. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

These are all Woodward and Bernstein wannabes. They get their rocks off -- what little they have -- by trying to make another Watergate. Ha-ha. The more they do, the stupider they make themselves look.

//

12. mikey

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

It is ironic that the most important legislative legacy of George Bush is the passage of the immigration amnesty for 15 million illegal aliens.

The amnesty bill cheapens and diminshes the meaning of being a United States citizen.

Furthermore, the amnesty bill will not only not solve our immigration problem, but will exacerbate it by encouraging MORE future illegal aliens to come to this country.

13. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'm not so sure that this will be such a disaster. I agree that the track record for amnesties has been poor. We've had a total of seven of them over the years, the one big one in the 80's as well as 6 smaller ones. They've all led to an increase in illegals. So its hard to see this one as being different; but I have a hunch that this time things will be. Post 9-11, border security is a totally different animal. Plus there's now a legal mechanism for poor people in other countries to get here. That removes an excuse that the illegals had in the past and provides cover for being harsh to future illegals. We've also never had an amnesty where the applicant had to get out to start the application process.

Btw Patriot in NY, my post was triggered by the fact that Mikey started a serious discussion and that the only responses were crap. I'm convinced that y'all (Republicans in general) are wore out from defending the indefensible for 6 years and need special motivation to even try and provide something useful, and special motivation is what I was trying to provide. The guy with the bricks is unreachable; but I'm taking 100% credit for goading Foggy into offering something thoughtful (see post #11) to the thread rather than just horsing around.

14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

you either completely miss the point, or you subtly wish to obfuscate it beyond recognition...

it's brought up because it never was in the past, and look where we are now because of the enabling of Bush lies and frauds...

we've learned a horrible lesson the past 4 years... so it will continue to be brought up, and that will never change... better get used to it, or go blog with the storm troopers over at Drudge...

15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

once again, there's reality, and then there's Fog's reality...

keep laughing with insincerity like a fat kid with a beanie ... unfortunately for your represseed utopia, it's all falling apart for your isolated way of life, your crusade, and your hero King's disasterous rein...

16. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

For the 50th time, Bush ain't "my hero King". He left the reservation a long time ago, and though I have a lot of patience toward him, he had made a lot of mistakes. Having said that, the constant exercise in pointing fingers of derision and contempt only harden his stance and yield little or nothing in a change to the path of reconciliation any sane person wants. Maybe you believe your m.o. of constantly ranking on him helps, but it seems as helpful as throwing cream pies in his face.

Anyway, I still say most people don't give a sweet sh!t about all these mole hills you keep finding. Most consider it piling on and vindictive, at the least. Apart from maybe the Jon Stewart salon, not that many people are with you.

And I'm happy in my world, happier than you are in yours, going by the things you post.

//

17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

don't lie about your choice of who's in office... you're constantly defending him, he's your hero...

and don't lie that my position on Boy King is isolated... most people are of the same opinion, and none of your spin will change that... this year alone, i've yet to meet more than a handful of people who aren't disgusted with Bush... they flock to blog sites, however, so i enjoy meeting people like you head-on...

as for happiness... if you're happy lying about the world, and lying to yourself, than more power to you... i just won $1,100 for 6th last night on PokerStars, so I'm happier than my usual happy... don't make a further fool of yourself by declaring you know me or my private life, jaggie...

18. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Great use of the word obfuscate :) , but outside of that, explain further what you mean by it. With all due respect, this is pure self-justification, and its pretty crappy a that. While some in here may be conservitive, hold those values, or even voted for Bush multiple times because they felt he was a better option for the country at the time. But most of us do not need to be "reindoctrinated" into the world of "I told you so". Its a waste of time. The other side (no matter which it is starts thinking of "how to insult back" the second they read it). It does nothing to forward solid debate and thought, which is what a forum like this should do. There is real lack of civility here.

You are a well read and intelligent guy, that's quite obvious. At the same time. I see little in your posting style that shows you have anything but distain for others that have an opposing view or thought. I don't understand how that advances your point of view. Even when your points are valid (and many are), they can be hard to swallow when your chasing it with a shot of contempt. With your brains, you should be able to advance them on merit alone.

To be fair, you've been good with me for the most part so far and I appreciate it. I certainly hope it continues. Perhaps there is a history between you and the other posters too. I don't know. I'm just making an general observation. You don't need to respond, or you can (here or privatly). Lets just keep it civil. As I said, there is a lack of civility here and in our country in general. All the way around I mean, not just you specifically.

Thanks, good post. Many of us are worn out. Many of us are just as tired and frustrated of Bush and his failure too. It's also quite childish to label everyone a "Bushes" simply becasue they happen to be conservative. So, I'm conservative, have some conservative values, am patriotoic and I will happily debate any of you all on those topics. BUt I won't apologize for it either and I certainly don't need my nose smacked with a newspaper everytime something bad happens in the country, like some sort of puppy. We are all grown here, arn't we?

I'm not a schill for Bush, but niether am I afraid to say if I think he's done something right. Like for instance, I'm financially much better off than I was when he started off. Given the war, I consider that a good thing.

Last edited: May 20, 2007
  19. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

very well... you can isolate yourself from Bushies by qualifying yourself, i'll accept it... but here's what a Bushie is, as it relates to political blogging forums:

A Loyal Bushie, or a Bush Leaguer, is the kind of poster who unendingly denies, deflects and/or OBFUSCATES every single individual dubious allegation against the Bush League... doing so to the end of the Earth until the topic (hopefully, in their eyes) goes away... This kind of poster has an excuse for everything Boy King and his henchmen try to pull off, never condemns him for it, and pretends Clinton, Kennedy or Carter did the same or worse... A Bush Leaguer puts party before principle, even though this cabal is anything but what the Republican Party stands for... For a Bush Leaguer, admission of a Boy King wrongdoing is "cutting and running," and he would rather disappear from the forum than to ever own up to it. ... A Bushie is often either 1) entralled by large explosion and war and US military might; and/or 2) overly righteous Christians, convinced that we are unwitting victims of Islamic Fascism and must police the planet, forgetting or dismissing our own role in fueling radical Islam with decades of ridiculous foreign policy...

It's not one immoral act by Bush League, not 2 or 3, it's not even five things... Not 10... It's the whole body of work that stares everyone right in the face, and we remain baffled as to how certain people just will never call a spade a spade.... Dozens, perhaps hundreds of instances is not a coincidence... But to a Bush Leaguer, everything can be explained away as just a liberal "witch hunt" or some other sorry slant...

Comedian Kat Williams put it best when talking about Michael Jackson's propensity for young boys:

"People say 'it's a set up!'... Fukc a set up... Don't no one say the same thing about you for that long, without you being guilty... If everyone calls you a crackhead for 20 years, brother you are smokin' crack!!...."

20. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

That's a very fair definition. I am certainly NOT a Bushie going by it then.

That said, I am conservative so there are some tenants of his that I agree with, soooo, while in principle I may agree with where he is he coming from, I may disagree with his personal handling of it (which is equalliy important). I also have a profound respect for the office of President so I try to give some measure of latitude to those that are there by the will of the people (yeah, I know we differ there too). To some, if not carefully considered, that can be construed as "being a bushie". I don't feel I am. I'm frustrated too.

I could go into my personal "qualifiers" but that's pretty unfair to the original poster who posted this topic for a reason. Perhaps I will elsewhere. As I am sure you can tell by now, I am ANYTHING but a "Bushie" on his terrible response (or lack thereof) on immigration. Then again, It's one of the main points I differed from Reagan as well (one of the few).

I appreciate you candid (and respectful) response.

Last edited: May 20, 2007