Welcome to PatsFans.com

GOP may OK tax hike

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by scout, Aug 21, 2011.

1. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Gingrich, "we're going to end up in a position where we're going to raise taxes on the lowest-income Americans the day they go to work."
    The Rep's can spin it all they want. They protected the very wealthy on taxes, now they are taxing the working man. Hey, good luck in the next election.
    GOP may OK tax hike that Obama hopes to block - politics - msnbc.com

2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +310 / 9 / -12

I agree with Obama we should permanently get rid of the payroll taxes that finance Social Security and privatize it.

After all why else would Obama continue to promote that will hasten the bankruptcy of the Social Security System?

Finally something I can agree with Obama on defund Social Security!

3. scout

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Back on topic. This is the smoking gun. The GOP told us they opposed raising taxes, thus, they kept the loopholes for the very wealthy. Now, they have an opportunity to help the working man. What do you think they will do?

4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +310 / 9 / -12

Does it help the working people to drive Social Security to insolvency faster? Is this what passes for making a point among lefties?

:D:D:singing:

5. scout

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Dude, the thread is not about Social Security. The article, which I supplied a link for your benefit, was not about Social Security. It was about the GOP defending the super rich and sticking it to the working man. If you can not comment on the subject, please do not waste our time.

6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +624 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

It's not "insolvency" that the Republicans are trying to stave off. If it were, Romney would not be advocating keeping the tax break but taking it away from the employee and giving it to the employer since the end result would be the same.

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney did not flatly rule out an extra year for the payroll tax cut, but he "would prefer to see the payroll tax cut on the employer side" to spur job growth, his campaign said

7. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No!

Keep SS the way it is, its a great program....I have an idea, quit borrowing from it k? It would be fine and it would work great if they did that.....

Its like a bank, You put money in and when you come back to get your money its all gone cause the CEO spent it all, now does that mean putting your money is a bank is a bad idea? No it means the *******s running it are to blame and should be thrown in jail.

Why don't we hold our congress men/women to the same standard? If I stole your money I would go to jail, they get a free pass and say the system doesn't work, when in fact the system works great! Its just that we have crooks running the show.

I love how people like to spew hate for great government programs, that not only work but are the reason they can finance stupid wars!

Edit:On topic, when the GOP raises taxes it ok, when anyone else does its wrong and they are punishing them for being successful. The GOP likes to have it both ways.....I love how in the article they would like payroll tax cut for the employer but not for the employees...Yeah that's a great I idea keep giving money to the people that don't need it and keep taking from the people that need it.

Only reason job's hire more people, is if there is more demand right? So why would you give the rich a tax break and not the avg joe? Since tax breaks are not going to put more money in the pocket of the consumer to spend but more money in the hands that don't spend it.....Seems like a flawed system too me!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +533 / 14 / -28

The real class warfare started by George W. continues.. the poor are getting poorer, the middle class is losing ground.

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +533 / 14 / -28

Not quite sure why you have the need to hijack every thread for your agenda.. if you do not feel competent enough to respond, don't.

:hijacked::hijacked::hijacked:

10. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +738 / 11 / -7

Why anybody who actually works for a living would vote for a Republican is beyond me. But that's been a puzzler to me for years.