Welcome to PatsFans.com

GOP lawmaker asked about shooting Obama at Town Hall Meeting

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by reflexblue, Feb 25, 2011.

1. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I think the chickens have come home to roost. Why didn't this guy denounce the person asking the question then and there?

Lawmaker condemns question about shooting Obama - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON – A Georgia Republican says he was stunned when a constituent at a town hall meeting asked about assassinating President Barack Obama.

Rep. Paul Broun, a conservative who has harshly criticized the president, confirmed Friday that he was hosting an event in Oglethorpe County, Ga., on Tuesday when a man asked, "Who's going to shoot Obama?"
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

This is no different than what Massachusetts congressman Mike Capuano (Democrat) said recently,

“I’m proud to be here with people who understand that it’s more than just sending an email to get you going. Every once and awhile you need to get out on the streets and get a little bloody when necessary,” Rep. Mike Capuano (D-Ma.) told a crowd in Boston on Tuesday rallying in solidarity for Wisconsin union members."

Hey, at least Broun wasn't the one calling for violence like Capuano did.

Dem Rep to unions: Time to get ?bloody? New Hampshire Journal

Hopefull they find the guy and question him.
  3. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Are you on drugs? Are you freaking crazy? Some one asking Who' going to shot the President of the United States is a lot different than a legislator saying something about getting a little bloody during a protest. He never called for anybody to be shot. There is no comparison, so i guess you condone asking "whos going to shoot the POTUS". You no longer have any credibility.
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

In the whacked out world of the right, everything is justified.. whether it be a threat on the Prez life or openly violating the constitution.. very sick individuals..
  5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

Some people are on drugs Flex...some are on disability and take pain killers and just sit home feeling sorry for themselves, but allow me to digress! But no, I am not on any medications of any kind Flex, thanks for asking.

Both are examples of stupid people saying stupid things. At least the republican guy had nothing to do with what that guy said while the Capuano was the one what ACTUALLY SAID his idotic comment.

Too many people are angry and talking violence and it's ALL inexcuseable!

Wouldn't you agree?
  6. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Wow...

Assuming this is as it seems (not saying it isnt or trying to defend it) how much lower as a society and culture can we get? Its things like this that make me think we as a people wont ever find the common ground to dust ourselves off and get back to a "good" place socially/economically etc. We are too filled with hate and mistrust (not to mention, as evidence by this clown, stupidity).

To PR's point about the Rep from MA. PR, do you honestly feel that what Capuano said even comes close to what this crackpot in GA said? Im not agreeing with or defending what either man said, but it seems like these two statements arent even close to each other on the negative scale. I mean to me, this guy in GA took it to an 11.

And Darryl, I think there are many people on the right that would disagree whole heartedly with what this person asked on principal alone. Would the asshats that are the prominent names "of the right" currently, maybe not, but i dont feel like many "mainstream" rights would say that what this person asked reflects their beliefs or thoughts, and would condone it outright.

"...but these go to 11."
  7. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 12 / -2

You cannot say that about the president.
    The person asking the question should be reported.

I do wonder if reflexblue and darryls would be outraged, if someone said
    this about George Bush when he was president.
  8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

My point is that Broun had nothing to do with the man's comment, so why associate him with it like he was "in on it"? If someone asked me who was going to shoot the president, I know I wouldn't be guilty of anything. Why is anyone here trying to link Paul Broun to this guy's comment?

But with Capuano, HE ACTUALLY SAID IT....

HUGE difference here folks!!
  9. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

BINGO joe!!!

According to the linked article the Congressman contacted the Secret Service reporting the man to them so they could investigate.

And I agree with the second point also, althought i wouldnt direct it at flex and darryl speficially. I didnt post here for all of bush's years (and clearly dont post much now), but during his tenure there were some pretty hate filled things lobbed his way too, and no one on the left really came out denoucing it as it was bush. It's either always wrong or its never wrong; Ii side with it is always wrong, regardless of my thoughts of the POTUS.
  10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

So if Broun reported the guy to the secret service, why is Flex trying to make him out to be someone bad in all this. As far as I can see, Broun did absolutely nothing wrong.
  11. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Oh PR, I'm not saying Broun had anything to do with it, not even remotely and am in no way trying to link him to it. In fact in the linked article, it says he didnt call him out for it because he felt the question wasnt worthy of response, and instead contacted the Secret Service.

But in your post it seemed like you brought up Capuano as an example of a D doing something as bad as the R in the GA case. That is all I commenting on, that the two statements, while both dumb, are nowhere near as bad as each other.
  12. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

How about an award-winning film about the assassination of Dubya?
    [​IMG]

Death of a President (2006) - IMDb

Or a novel discussing the same?

[​IMG]
    Amazon.com: Checkpoint: A Novel (9781400079858): Nicholson Baker: Books
    Checkpoint (novel) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  13. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

But only one was spoken by a member of our congress...that's a very, very important point Drew.

That means only Capuano is guilty of saying something stupid. What he said isn't really defensible.

"let's get bloody"?? c'mon man!
  14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

Many Loons and Bush Haters applauded this, the death of a sitting president, anybody that is outraged at Death Threats should watch this f-cking left wing liberal hateful garbage, watch it, imagine the outrage if this was done to Poopsie Woopsie Barack.

Watch It, this was an award winning film among many "Bush Haters"

Watch It:
    YouTube - George Bush Get Shot Dead In Front Of Hundreds In Chicago...
  15. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

I dont defend either one PR, they are both dumb things. But to me "let's get bloody" isnt even in the same galaxy as "so....who's gonna shoot the prez?"

And to your question about flex, i cant speak for him or darryl. my guess as an observer, is flex and darryl lean left, and this would be a situation (ala darryl's statement) where the left can say "see, the right is full of crazies. this guy didnt condemn the statement, so he must agree. anything goes on the right..."
  16. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

I think it's different.

Calling the Secret Service was the right thing to do. Engaging with him would have been foolish.
  17. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

But the author of the thread made it a point to mention "GOP lawmaker" when the man's party has nothing to do with the comment by the psycho.

You keep avoiding my point that the Republican did/said nothing wrong, while the Capuano (a democrat) did do something wrong.

Anyone saying "Let's get bloody" to a crowd of angry union people is bordering upon inciting violence. Thankfully, the union guys weren't as stupid and Capuano in this case.

Do you agree that Capuano did something wrong while Broun did NOTHING wrong?
  18. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

I was not comparing the "Who's gonna shoot the president" comment to Capuano's "sometimes you have to get bloody" comment. Other than they were both stupid.

I was also comparing Broun to Capuano. And in this case, Capuano said something stupid, while Broun did not.
  19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

They (Bush Haters) have all kinds of excuses for this one (art, show biz, freedom of speech, oh it's only a movie etc etc) I posted one on this before I saw yours, can you just imagine the reaction in The Democrat Media if this was also done about Obama, RIOTS all across the country.
  20. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

i have a feeling your talking about yourself here. But again there is no comparison between the two. And again you have no credibility when you post something as ludicous as what you did.