PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell vs Brady - The Standoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Morse

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Roger Goodell just blew his last chance of getting out of this mess with any honor or dignity left! He has decided that he will hear the appeal. Judge, Jury and Executioner! He could have sent this to an arbitrator but no he wanted to take on Brady himself. When the arbitrator found that the suspension was overzealous and unreasonable, Goddell could have distance himself by stating that it was Troy Vincent's ruling.

Now he wants to challenge Brady to take him to court. Be careful what you wish for Roger!!! Kessler has never lost to the NFL in court. Goddell wants those cell phone records because he believes they contain incrminatng evidenc against Brady.

Ths is just going to drag on through the mud and the NFL will lose. Brady's image has been incredible damaged and this is the only thing he can do to save whats left. This is a standoff because Goodell can't save face anymore!

• Agree
Reactions: JJC
He can retain some of it by overturning the suspension on appeal so in that sense he has a life preserver being thrown in the water. All he has to do is grab it.

But he won't because he's an arrogant a-hole.

"pride goeth before the fall"
Roger is about to get his comeuppance at the hands of a seasoned attorney. I don't care how smart you think you are, these guys are professionals and I'm sure he is planning to get Roger to say or do something that will used in court when Roger upholds the suspension...
Roger" Tell you what, I'll cut it to three games and give you back the 4th rounder. I'm doing you a favor"
Kessler " Tell you what, you void the suspension, eliminate the fine, give the team their draft picks, resign and as a favor, I won't totally embarrass you."

Goodell will win the first battle, but he seems to be conceding the war. He seems to be playing into the Brady legal team's hands of being able to go to court and fight that the League did not give him a fair shot at an appeal.

He will reduce 2 games. I dont know if brady will accept it and then go to court or before that. Iam sure goodell planned this all along when he appointed Vincent. Lets hope whatever plan he has doesnt have some hidden ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes