PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell story - What It’s Like to Get Called into the Principal’s Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much of it is so frustrating

“What Roger looks for is somebody to agree with him. Or to beg forgiveness,” Ginsberg said. “It’s very difficult to have a genuine, authentic disagreement with Roger.

Ginsberg went on: “If you’re not willing to do a mea culpa and get down on your knees and cry a little bit, and convince Roger you’re a better person for having been through the experience … it’s difficult to walk into one of those meetings feeling very optimistic.”
“It became clear to me,” Hargrove said, “it was going to be difficult for me to prove myself innocent because they were going to conjure whatever truth they needed to make it believable to the public. That was the hardest thing to swallow. You feel like you’re screaming at the top of your lungs, and no one’s listening.”

Sadly none of it is going to affect him or the owners and will be brushed aside as disgruntled players complaining.

That was a good read.

Not a single word about the experience with Brady.

Interesting.

I've always wondered how Brady handled himself during the appeal with that phuckface sitting across from him. While Brady is a classy guy, he's also a fiery guy. Accuse him of unethical behavior in the national spotlight for something that he is completely innocent of and I think some heated exchanges had to have happened.

If you're Brady, how do you restrain yourself from answering dumb question after dumb question without beating their heads to a pulp? IDEAL GAS LAW MOTHERF'R READ ABOUT IT

Authoritarian styles of leadership can be frustrating but not always ineffective. Steve Jobbs comes to mind. Unlike Jobbs though, Goodell has an overwhelming track record of failure and incompetence. Who would want to align to this morons agenda?

I've always wondered how Brady handled himself during the appeal with that phuckface sitting across from him. While Brady is a classy guy, he's also a fiery guy. Accuse him of unethical behavior in the national spotlight for something that he is completely innocent of and I think some heated exchanges had to have happened.

If you're Brady, how do you restrain yourself from answering dumb question after dumb question without beating their heads to a pulp? IDEAL GAS LAW MOTHERF'R READ ABOUT IT

Thought I read that during the marathon session of the appeal w/ Goody, Brady was well prepared, calm and did nothing to incite Goody or his brownshirts.

Give Brady time to prepare, he will always deliver.

Right on the money, DD. I've believed forever that the main reason The Dope has been so intractable with Brady is the he (The Dope) is accustomed to and expectant that those summoned to appear before him will bow to his greatness and throw themselves on the mercy of the court. I'm guessing that Brady, in a polite yet firm manner, likely told The Dope to go f### himself and sh## in his hat.

Authoritarian styles of leadership can be frustrating but not always ineffective. Steve Jobbs comes to mind. Unlike Jobbs though, Goodell has an overwhelming track record of failure and incompetence. Who would want to align to this morons agenda?
Good point. If you're an authoritative douchebag who is also exceedingly brilliant, people will fall in line.

If you're an authoritative douchebag who is a dumb f***momma's boy who gets **** wrong at nearly every opportunity...

This look inside could explain why the punishment was so over the top. If Brady refused to admit anything in the meetings no matter how hard pressed and more importantly showed no remorse then it would seem predictable that Roger would throw the book at him based on the MO described here.

This look inside could explain why the punishment was so over the top. If Brady refused to admit anything in the meetings no matter how hard pressed and more importantly showed no remorse then it would seem predictable that Roger would throw the book at him based on the MO described here.

I agree, but I thought that long before this article came out.. We're dealing with a megalomaniac

I think Deflategate was a whole different ball of wax. Maybe Bountygate was close but not really. As you know almost every action by the NFL after the Colts game was to frame Brady and the Patriots. That greatly influenced Goody's attitude here.

I suppose if Brady in January or before Wells came along called a mea culpa, Goody might have gone soft but because of the circumstances, the rhetoric, the witch hunt by Kensil and the owners carrying pitchforks, there was no absolving of fault or just fining Brady $8500 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down