PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell rules 'NO Twittering' 90 Minutes prior to kickoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
According to Sirius NFL Radio,The NFL just announced that Goodell has banned any team or player from using Twitter 90 minutes prior to that team's kickoff.

Comments?

I think it's good for the players, but the teams too? I'm not so sure.

th_Omissioner_Clouseau.jpg

I think dictator goodell should ban himself from twitter.

Seems a bit odd. Just twittering? So they can update their facebook, myspace, blog or text but just can't Twitter? Like most things from the commissioner this decision doesn't sound very well thought through.

One more thing...

It would have been pretty funny if they made the announcement via twitter.

I think thats a good ruling. But he should make it clear that facebook, and anyothe site should be treated the same.

Does Goodell just put ideas like this on a target and throw darts in order to choose what ridiculous rule he wants to come up with today? 90 minutes prior to kickoff, I would hope that my team is in the locker room or out on the field doing last minute preparations/stretching/throwing and catching passes/practicing kicks and punts/etc. instead of tweeting. If there are players using Twitter during this time then it's the fault of a bad coach.

Does Goodell just put ideas like this on a target and throw darts in order to choose what ridiculous rule he wants to come up with today? 90 minutes prior to kickoff, I would hope that my team is in the locker room or out on the field doing last minute preparations/stretching/throwing and catching passes/practicing kicks and punts/etc. instead of tweeting. If there are players using Twitter during this time then it's the fault of a bad coach.

Agreed. Maybe it's a slow newsday for the NHL. Either that, or he's upset about the all Favre, 24/7 soap opera taking face time away from him? :rolleyes:

Agreed. Maybe it's a slow newsday for the NHL. Either that, or he's upset about the all Favre, 24/7 soap opera taking face time away from him? :rolleyes:

NHL? :wha: :confused:

Has TO filed an appeal yet?

I agree; this is out of Goodell's jurisdiction. Very police state. As another poster said, it's the responsibility of the team to make sure its players are focused pre-game and not tweeting.

That said, I can kind of understand them ruling this is the case for players, as it's getting a bit silly, but for the NFL to tell teams and their PR departments they can't disseminate information to their fans whenever they want? Total BS.

I agree; this is out of Goodell's jurisdiction. Very police state. As another poster said, it's the responsibility of the team to make sure its players are focused pre-game and not tweeting.

That said, I can kind of understand them ruling this is the case for players, as it's getting a bit silly, but for the NFL to tell teams and their PR departments they can't disseminate information to their fans whenever they want? Total BS.

I think it pissed Goodell off on Draft Day when teams were announcing who they were going to select prior to Goodell announcing their name - You all know Roger wants to be the man in charge and a news first guy and 4 months later he gets revenge :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I think this whole thing was prompted by Chad Ocho Cinco, who mentioned plans to Twitter at halftime of games. The guy is nuts about Twitter, he's on it constantly. Personally, I think Twitter is a colossal waste of time. Who cares what everyone else is doing every minute of the day?

Sounds like a good rule to me. Players shouldn't be tweeting just before or during a game, so a league-wide rule that they can't makes sure all teams use the same rules. NOthing worse than one team allowing stuff the rest of the teams don't allow.

If the owners don't like this rule, they can over rule Goodell any time they want.

I don't understand why anyone (other than media whores like TO and 85) would get upset that tweeting isn't allowed. But then, I'm a geezer.

Can we assume this ban also includes the game itself?

O.K. I know some of us don't like Twitter...but

Should Goodell rule that no Patriots player with an iTouch be allowed to check with Patsfans.com 90 minutes before gametime to see what type of game plan they should execute from our top notch armchair Head Coaches right here?

Sounds like a good rule to me. Players shouldn't be tweeting just before or during a game, so a league-wide rule that they can't makes sure all teams use the same rules. NOthing worse than one team allowing stuff the rest of the teams don't allow.

If the owners don't like this rule, they can over rule Goodell any time they want.

I don't understand why anyone (other than media whores like TO and 85) would get upset that tweeting isn't allowed. But then, I'm a geezer.

What could possibly be transmitted at any moment prior to the start of the game that justifies this assclown coming down with this banning? Hell, unless a player decided to go 5th column, what could possibly be a problem with it DURING the game? This should have been something left for individual teams and coaches to decide.

This is just Goodell being the same assclown he's been since first taking office.

Last edited:
Question: Is it just for Twittering on the sidelines, or does it also encompass Twittering from the press box and overhead covered areas around the stadium.

Just asking.

Question: Is it just for Twittering on the sidelines, or does it also encompass Twittering from the press box and overhead covered areas around the stadium.

Just asking.

This was breaking news - I have not found any other info regarding this ruling as of yet ... I guess we wait and see what details are involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes