PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell: Our judgement was based on the facts

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what difference would that have made? I'm pretty sure Chin and Parker had their mind made up before they heard or read (assuming they even looked at the papers) anything.

That's ironic. What difference does my response make, you clearly already made up your mind?

That's ironic. What difference does my response make, you clearly already made up your mind?

1. That's not irony;

2. It's an actual question. What exactly do you think someone else could have done?

1. That's not irony;

2. It's an actual question. What exactly do you think someone else could have done?

Kessler was not ready for the questioning of the justices and did poorly answering their questions. Steffen Johnson is considered to be one of best appellate attorneys in America and was hired to handle the appeal. It's more than likely he would have done a better job in front of CAII.

I suppose the biggest question is: Who the **** still pays any attention to that dipshit troll James?

Kessler was not ready for the questioning of the justices and did poorly answering their questions. Steffen Johnson is considered to be one of best appellate attorneys in America and was hired to handle the appeal. It's more than likely he would have done a better job in front of CAII.

At the risk of oversimplification, the core issue was simply whether, under the CBA, Goodell had to abide by any notions of due process or, in the name of expediency, "anything goes" up to and including defamation and "facts" spun from whole cloth. For whatever reason, 2 judges felt the later was the correct call. It's totally speculative whether another lawyer could have reasoned them out of such an absurd interpretation of "deference to the arbitrator."

You typically can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into no matter how good you are or how big a reputation you have.

At the risk of oversimplification, the core issue was simply whether, under the CBA, Goodell had to abide by any notions of due process or, in the name of expediency, "anything goes" up to and including defamation and "facts" spun from whole cloth. For whatever reason, 2 judges felt the later was the correct call. It's totally speculative whether another lawyer could have reasoned them out of such an absurd interpretation of "deference to the arbitrator."

You typically can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into no matter how good you are or how big a reputation you have.

I was right the first time, you had already made up your mind, I shouldn't have bothered to answer.

I was right the first time, you had already made up your mind, I shouldn't have bothered to answer.

I was just coming to Kessler's defense because I can empathize with a fellow attorney confronted with an unreasonable judge(s) hostile to the case. When you're in that situation, it's like you can't say or do anything right and it just f*cking sucks.

I think Kessler should have gone for a MA venue (I really don't know how good or bad the MA federal judges are but they couldn't have been worse than NY) but I can't criticize him for not "tagging out" to his appellate guy.

I was just coming to Kessler's defense because I can empathize with a fellow attorney confronted with an unreasonable judge(s) hostile to the case. When you're in that situation, it's like you can't say or do anything right and it just f*cking sucks.

I think Kessler should have gone for a MA venue (I really don't know how good or bad the MA federal judges are but they couldn't have been worse than NY) but I can't criticize him for not "tagging out" to his appellate guy.

They hired Johnson because he is one of the very best appellate lawyers in the country, just as the league hired Clement for the same reason. There obviously a big difference between Appeals hearings and the initial stages of the process, otherwise there would be no such thing as appellate lawyers. It makes no sense at all for Brady to hire Johnson only to have Kessler argue the case.

Last edited:
Two words that I will dispise and loathe for the rest of my days. "Goodell" and "integrity ". :mad:

msnQloH.jpg

I wish I had hired Clement for my parking ticket appeal to campus PD. Yeah I parked overnight during the winter ban, but it was never a requirement that you have to follow the winter parking ban!

It sounds sick, but I honestly wouldn't be offended by that. I definitely wouldn't shed a tear. Maybe we can get some of the neighborhood kids from Southie to come down and beat his body with baseball bats like a piñata.

Technically, it was based on the fact that Goodell is an insecure, stupid, petty sycophant loser. So... sure. Facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots