PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell: NFL is thinking about making the draft a 4-day event

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what "I've visited the inner sanctum" means.

If the owners and players are making higher profits but the price of a ticket keeps going up, then I don't see how those who complain are the morons. Isn't it the other way around?

I'm glad that King Joffrey is dead.

Those would be the 3 Lombardi's in the trophy room at the Patriot HOF with my then 3 year old boy in the backround. I got chills up my spine when I came around the corner and walked in. Confetti falls from the ceiling every 5 minutes or so and there's theme music playing in the backround.

A site every true Patriot fan must behold.

View attachment 6518

That's what I thought it may be due to the red/blue colored trophy holders, but I couldn't quite make it out to be 100% sure. It's something that I'm definitely going to experience next spring when I come up that way for graduation. Thanks, buddy.

That's a bit much. A lot of people tune out after that 1st round I'd imagine. I could be wrong and perhaps the ratings say differently. I don't think I'd be watching anything but the 1st round at that point. There's playoff hockey and basketball to be watched instead this time of year.

And just to poke the bear, did you see Goodell say that adding teams to the playoffs wouldn't dilute them?
I don't watch it at all but used to be a real draftnik. Too much time wasted and now I listen on my phone while surf fishing. 4 days of draft how greedy can they get. Mark Cuban was absolutely correct.

I kind of long for the days when I would stay home from school "sick" as an 10-11 yr old and watch the draft on ESPN starting at 9-10 in the morning. Obviously didn't know many of the names outside of the top prospects, but thinking about that brings back good memories.

The Score in RI used to host a draft party....hundreds of Pats fans and others spend all day eating wings, drinking suds and watching the first four rounds. That was over a decade ago. Are YOU going to the nearest NFL stadium and sit in a bar/restaurant all day and night waiting for the Pats 1st pick?? Because THAT is where all this is headed. It sucks.

Those would be the 3 Lombardi's in the trophy room at the Patriot HOF with my then 3 year old boy in the backround. I got chills up my spine when I came around the corner and walked in. Confetti falls from the ceiling every 5 minutes or so and there's theme music playing in the backround.

A site every true Patriot fan must behold.

View attachment 6518

Nice exhibit for what it is... but not completed yet...

BTW, whatever happened to having double-digit draft rounds? Watching that is a goldmine right there.

Nice exhibit for what it is... but not completed yet...

Is that a bit of a tongue in cheek response because we need to add more Lombardi's? Or are you being serious, and there will be much more to it when completed? Or a little of both? ;)

BTW, whatever happened to having double-digit draft rounds? Watching that is a goldmine right there.

Yeah, I don't even remember the exact format, aside from what I somehow remember as being a shorter time period to complete the entire process. I imagine that teams had less time to select their picks, although I could be wrong. I want to say that Troy Brown was the greatest 13th round pick in the history of the world though.

Troy was drafted in the eighth round FWIW

Troy was drafted in the eighth round FWIW

I know, I'm just being sarcastic due to their longer, drawn out rounds that they used to have ;)

I know, I'm just being sarcastic due to their longer, drawn out rounds that they used to have ;)
It is nice that they at least reduced the time for picks in each round (10 minutes for 1st, 7 in 2nd, 5 for the rest).

But he [Putin] only does those things because of his Napoleonic Complex. He's under 5-foot-7; some reports say he's 5-5.
The names and addresses of those reporters has been recorded by loyal party members. BTW, What Super Bowl ring?"

The names and addresses of those reporters has been recorded by loyal party members. BTW, What Super Bowl ring?"

In Russia, party members report you....

In Russia we have two channels. Channel 1 is state propaganda about progress on the trans-siberian railway. Channel 2 is a KGB colonel telling you to change it back to channel 1.
Yakov Smirnov

The Score in RI used to host a draft party....hundreds of Pats fans and others spend all day eating wings, drinking suds and watching the first four rounds. That was over a decade ago. Are YOU going to the nearest NFL stadium and sit in a bar/restaurant all day and night waiting for the Pats 1st pick?? Because THAT is where all this is headed. It sucks.

Even I would be interested in a draft party at Scores!
Oh, wait. The Score.
Never mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing