Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Got an e-mail from the Patriots yesterday that 75 season ticket holders (first-come first-served) will meet with Roger Goodell 5:30-6:30 p.m. before Sunday's game with the Packers, in The Hall at Patriot Place. The e-mail was sent out at 5:30 and I didn't see it 'til around 7:30, and by then all the spots were taken. I could KICK MYSELF for missing out on this golden opportunity to ask Goodell some questions. I even called the team's special events office today to see if there is any way possible I could be squeezed in; no luck. The rep told me all spots were taken within an hour of the e-mail going out. I gave her my number to call should anyone cancel. DAMN! If I get called and get in there, I'll certainly post here. I've been dying to ask Roger about his reputation as a Jets shil, why only the owners seem to want an 18-game season, and how he would compare the league's handling of tripgate to its overreaction on spygate. If anyone here got passes to this, please post!

That would be an amazing opportunity!

Regarding the 18 game season however, I think the answer is pretty simple: money.

I would equally like to hear his response to trip-gate and the lack of an investigation.

Got an e-mail from the Patriots yesterday that 75 season ticket holders (first-come first-served) will meet with Roger Goodell 5:30-6:30 p.m. before Sunday's game with the Packers, in The Hall at Patriot Place. The e-mail was sent out at 5:30 and I didn't see it 'til around 7:30, and by then all the spots were taken. I could KICK MYSELF for missing out on this golden opportunity to ask Goodell some questions. I even called the team's special events office today to see if there is any way possible I could be squeezed in; no luck. The rep told me all spots were taken within an hour of the e-mail going out. I gave her my number to call should anyone cancel. DAMN! If I get called and get in there, I'll certainly post here. I've been dying to ask Roger about his reputation as a Jets shil, why only the owners seem to want an 18-game season, and how he would compare the league's handling of tripgate to its overreaction on spygate. If anyone here got passes to this, please post!

You'd probably only get cryptic BB-like responses, and if you make him in the slightest least bit uncomfortable, you will lose your status as a season ticket holder very fast.

Last edited:

Tune, if there's any justice, you'll get in. We need you to be there to ask Goodell the difficult questions!

Last edited:
... and if you make him in the slightest least bit uncomfortable, you will lose your status as a season ticket holder very fast.

I would certainly hope not. Don't you think the Krafts would appreciate someone asking him that stuff point blank? Somebody's got to do it. That's why I need to be there. Otherwise, it'll just be a fawning schmooze session.

Tune, if there's any justice, you'll get in. We need you to be there to ask Goodell the difficult questions!

To paraphrase A Few Good Men: "You NEED me in that Hall!" ;)

Last edited:
My guess the questions will be screened somehow, and turn into a fawning schmooze session..

I'd get barred for life....

No loss. If you think typical BB pressers are packed with filibustering and obfuscation, you already know what Goodell's Q&A's are like.

Last edited:
About the 18 game season... in this Sunday's game between the Pack and Pats, the two teams have 27 players on IR. How does extending the season NOT diminish the quality of play late in the season?

Out of 75 they have to have a few willing to ask some tough questions. The problem is the questions will probably be pre-screened which sucks. I wonder if he realizes how hated he is by this fan base.

My guess the questions will be screened somehow, and turn into a fawning schmooze session..

Yes, I can see it now....

Question 1: How did you ever become so brilliant that you consistently make only the right decisions?

Question 2: How do you deal with all of the unfair and unkind criticism that comes your way?

Question 3: Why do you think your critics are so rude to you and ungrateful for all that you do for the league and the game?

Question 4: What's it like dealing with the Players Union and all of their unreasonable demands?

Question 5: Could I get an autographed picture of the two of us standing together? I know I'll treasure it forever.

Last edited:
About the 18 game season... in this Sunday's game between the Pack and Pats, the two teams have 27 players on IR. How does extending the season NOT diminish the quality of play late in the season?

Goodell: "Well that's obvious. They'll have two extra games to heal up and play instead of going on season ending IR."

I agree. I don't think he's as quick as BB to come up with round about answers that fast. He doesn't want to be left standing there with a case of the Umm's and ahhh's.

...for walking in with a t-shirt that read:

"Worst. Commissioner. Ever."

I'd get a silk screen. Your words on the back, this picture on the front:

Omissioner_Clouseau.jpg

Last edited:
Well if you get in the only question I want to know, is why he let the Pats hang out to dry on "spygate" and not show how innocuous the tapes were. Why didn't he ever defend the team when all the speculation arose because HE made it look like a coverup

someone there should straight out ask him, "if the patriots were filming signals from the stands, would that be a violition?"

the answer as we all know is NO, but i want HIM to say that straight forward, no side things

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes