PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell may have overstepped his bounds to help Rex Ryan bond with Santonio Holmes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
According to Rex Ryan's book (via Greg Bedard's piece in today's Globe), Ryan had Goodell come to the Jets facility to meet with Ryan and Holmes. Ryan convinced Goodell to ream out Ryan for poor conduct and then ream Holmes out for his drug violation so Ryan and Holmes could bond.

I can't see Goodell doing that for Belichick. Just another example of the league's office and Goodells apparent favoritism towards the NY teams.

Goodell’s play with Jets looks to be out of bounds - The Boston Globe

Re: Goodell may have overstepped his bounds to help Rex Ryan bond with Santonio Holme

Or the simple explanation could be that Ryan just likes getting reamed?

Re: Goodell may have overstepped his bounds to help Rex Ryan bond with Santonio Holme

Or the simple explanation could be that Ryan just likes getting reamed?

With or without the lube?

With or without the lube?

Haha...there are reams of humor here.

Genius! There is no doubt Rex is a Master.

Wax on, wax off.

I'm SHOCKED to find collusion going on between the Omissioner and the Jets...SHOCKED!

casablanca145.jpeg

Frankly I've really got no problem with Goodell doing a little dog and pony show with Rex. I think Goodell would do that with pretty much any coach who asked - not that I can imagine Belichick ever asking.

If I were a Jets fan I'd have a BIG problem if my team were coached by a guy who's a big enough IDIOT to detail the dog and pony show in his friggen BOOK!

I have a feeling the next time Goodell chats with Rex and rips him a new toe hole it won't be play acting.

If Goodell cant get a labor deal before the season starts then he needs to be fired, i dont care whos fault it is.

Genius! There is no doubt Rex is a Master.

Wax on, wax off.

No, Wrecks is astoundingly, amazingly, insecure. This keeps getting proven over and over in bizarre ways.

No, Wrecks is astoundingly, amazingly, insecure. This keeps getting proven over and over in bizarre ways.

Shh! Quiet. Jets fans haven't figured that out yet. Don't go telling them!

He eats because he's unhappy and he's unhappy because he eats? :p

Fat+bastard.jpg

On an unrelated topic - Public warning: Mike Myers better not butcher the next Austin Powers. Heads will roll.

Last edited:

If stories like this keep up, such as the Michael Crabtree non-tampering incident, the non-illegal training camp attended by Rats' coaches, Tripgate where the Rats were allowed to investigate and punish themselves, non-illegal videotaping by Eric Mangini, and non-sweetheart trades between the Rats and Mangini's Brown for Braylon Edwards (coincidentally on the same day that Michael Crabtree signed his contract with the 49ers) and Mark Sanchez, people are going to start to consider the remote possibility that the Omissioner isn't treating all teams equally.

If stories like this keep up, such as the Michael Crabtree non-tampering incident, the non-illegal training camp attended by Rats' coaches, Tripgate where the Rats were allowed to investigate and punish themselves, non-illegal videotaping by Eric Mangini, and non-sweetheart trades between the Rats and Mangini's Brown for Braylon Edwards (coincidentally on the same day that Michael Crabtree signed his contract with the 49ers) and Mark Sanchez, people are going to start to consider the remote possibility that the Omissioner isn't treating all teams equally.

Unfortunatley, I disagree. We seem to be the only ones whom feel the "Sheriff" is in the Jets back pocket. No one with any juice will ever look into it.

Man, do I miss Paul Taglibue (sp) and the days when the Commisioner wasn't one of the big storylines every week.

Unfortunatley, I disagree. We seem to be the only ones whom feel the "Sheriff" is in the Jets back pocket. No one with any juice will ever look into it.

Man, do I miss Paul Taglibue (sp) and the days when the Commisioner wasn't one of the big storylines every week.

No doubt...no doubt.

the way it reads to me is this

ryan is just taking credit for himself and holmes getting chewed out by the commish for violating the personal conduct policy

in other words....rex is just being rex

If Goodell cant get a labor deal before the season starts then he needs to be fired, i dont care whos fault it is.

let's fire every single player as well......

Another fine post :rolleyes:

i'd say the players are alot more to blame in all of this than the commish is

let's fire them all and start over

void all contracts, fire them all, then let's have a real huge free agency and see how hardline a hungry dog is then lol

it's about the name on the front, not the one on the back

believe that!

Last edited:

On an unrelated topic - Public warning: Mike Myers better not butcher the next Austin Powers. Heads will roll.

I'm with you on that one. The first one is one of my all-time fav movies. The third one made me want to kill someone.

I see nothing, I hear nothing, I know nothing... Roger "Schultz" Goodell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes