PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell LEAK TO FOX-GATE takes another twist...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still hoping Polian leaked it even though it seems unlikely.

I'm not sure if this question has been asked...

But what gave Fox the right to even air the tape? That tape, I presume is copyrighted NFL material. You can't just air video because you acquired it, especially material that apparantly was stolen from the owner's offices.

For example, I can find a DVD-resolution perfect, no watermarks copy of the Bourne Ultimatum on the net. I bet if I gave the link to Fox, they wouldn't air it because they'd get their asses sued by the producer of the movie.

So what makes this tape any different?

It' different because it's news. This is perfectly constitutional and in line with copyright law. Nothing wrong with it. Even if the NFL owns the rights to the tape, Goodell opened the door to making this the public's case, and now the public's right to know overrides any cpyright.

If you had that tape and had something newsworthy and/or critical to say about it, you could publish it too. I'm not saying you wouldn't end up in court (they'll sic their lawyers on ya) but you'd have the right.

What realy happened is.

Estrela was filming cheer leaders for BBs private enjoyment, the Jets security took the camera and tape from him, then when no one was looking Mangini switched it with a tape that the Ryan O'heir (Jet employee) had made. then they hand over the camera and tape to NFL security hopeing that BB would get suspended for 6 years.

Then as the story started to wain, Mangini leaked the phony tape to keep BB on the hot seat hopeing he would get suspended for 6 years. Mangini is behind all of this, not to mention the $500,000 that Fox gave Mangini for leaking the tape to them.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Mangini has BB on film comeing out of a Vegas hotel room with a gun followed by OJ and his crew. We should be seeing this film on Fox very soon.

:)

How about those Ravens ! What's the status on Billick's claim ?

I wonder what your team's year is going to be like, will it be worth it ?

Somebody needs to come up with the answers to this spy case.
I don't think the commissioner would have given a copy to the Patriots as he stated we shouldn't be in possession of it in the 1st place given the material on it.
I hope to heck the Patriots never got a copy lest we get accused of leaking it.
That would brutal all over again.
So what the heck happened??????
Too many conflicting reports.

I can't believe you people don't know who gave the tape to FX.

Look, Goodell is investigating this. Let's point him in the right direction. It was obviously that Jets employee standing on the sidelines wearing a Jets polo shirt and khakis. I think the investigation should take a serious look at ALL his actions that day, up to and including how he sent the tape to FOX, and then beyond that.

The other explanation is that Estrella made more than one tape during the first quarter. I'm not saying that what Glazer showed wasn't a tape that was made by Estrella during the game, but just that it might not have been the one taken out of the camera and seized.

I think, obviously, the most likely explanation is that the tape was seized on the spot and that it somehow got leaked after the NFL had it.

But the notion that the jets snuck a copy before the NFL got it and then leaked it to Fox seems to me much less likely than the possibility that Estrella (or someone) made more than one tape.

This seems unnecessarily complicated to me. What would be the purpose of having numerous short tapes of the same sort of footage? These aren't 10-minute YouTube clips. And surely he and his khakis would have been searched for additional tapes. There is, again, no reason to believe that the poor guy had secret undiscovered anythings...one of the most striking parts of the whole matter is thatthere was NO EFFORT made to hide anything. Which is what, to me, makes the repulsive Watergate comparisons off-base. There was little surreptition, and no subterfuge. Laugh at the arrogance and conceit of the Pats if you want, but this was not cloack-and-dagger stuff.

I think the simpler explanations are the most sensible here.

It would seem obvious that a copy or two were made immediately at confiscation. Isn't Glazer IN NY?? Probably has connections to the Jets, etc....

Polian, IMO, doesn't really care to engage in this stuff. Hell, doesn't J Mohr work for Fox? Why would Polian give a tape to that douchebag?

The absolute funniest thing about it all is what it showed. Was that NOT hilarious??

Pan to coaches giving signals, pan up to scoreboard, which reflects down and distance and time remaining. Pan back to coaches. Repeat!!

While Dungy would not consider this, but I doubt that Polian would mind engaging in this. He is also, like BB, paranoid and eager to win at almost any cost. And who is J. Mohr? I dont know the name.

Nice try but the JETS do not have cheerleaders! :)

That's not true I got the proof right here.
186471MRTQ_w.gif

Last edited:
NE deserves what they got just for being so stupid. Why not just use the binoculars?

Honestly, I have to admit there's some truth to this. I'm much more annoyed at the stupidity (hello, that's Eric "sneak off with his Pats playbook, whisper in Deion Branch's ear" Mangini over there!) than at the "cheating" (all 32 teams have organized signal-stealing systems).

OT, but I find it interesting how the retired coaches generally see this as a minor extension of business as usual, but a lot of the retired players seem shocked. Did they think their coaches were just clairvoyant all those years???

Why make a tape instead of binoculars? The reason is simple -- they were not trying to steal signs for use during the game, but were looking for "tells" and tendencies for future use. You know ... scounting, not cheating.

Why make a tape instead of binoculars? The reason is simple -- they were not trying to steal signs for use during the game, but were looking for "tells" and tendencies for future use. You know ... scounting, not cheating.

Umm...binoculars are for scouting too, no? There's a scout up in a box whose job during the game is to frantically write down all the signs for future reference.

The point of the tape, I assume, is twofold:
- better accuracy
- being able to dissect/transcribe at your leisure rather than during the game

Polian - no suprise

186471MRTQ_w.gif

Sheesh....this Mangini guy....er, gal.... gets around.

Nice try but the JETS do not have cheerleaders! :)

=====================================

We got flag girls!

Thats better then Cheer Leaders cause flag girls wave flags.

Flags are cool.:)

Here's what I cannot figure out. The Pats make a tape that supposedly allows them to mindread the Jets calls and make football 'oh, so much easier' against the Jets. Then the league takes these forbidden tapes and distributes them to other NFL teams to see if they think they could be used to cheat? Then they allow copies of these highly dangerous tapes to be duplicated and spread to the four corner of the known universe. So it seems that the league has helped god only knows how many other team see the same illegal materials, and they didn't even have to play the Jets. So is this what the NFL means when it says 'an even playing field'?:D

Last edited:

His answer to you: (fingers in ears) "I can't hear you! La La La La! I still can't hear you! La La La La!"

Dude, you could hold a frick'n gun to his head, and he would stare at you and say, "Cheater."

And, it would be funny if we weren't so sick about all this crap.

=====================================

We got flag girls!

Thats better then Cheer Leaders cause flag girls wave flags.

Flags are cool.:)

Hey, I went to one of the Jets sites and saw a picture of some woman named Gina. What's her connection to the team, do you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back