PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell institutes "Fan Code of Conduct"

Status
Not open for further replies.
the one thing about this is QUITE obvious...WHO is going to police this?? AND I MEAN..uniformly??? What some consider offensive verbally in one stadium might NOT be considered in another...so???? Is Goodell going to send NFL police into all stadiums?? Otherwise it is a total joke....and if he did think that?? He's even a worse Commish than I can imagine!!! Bradford Patsfan had another point....

"Jets fans throw snow balls at the visiting team---a good show of support for the home team.

Pats fans boo too loudly---move all games out of Gillette Stadium to punish the fans. "

you expect a Commish to be fair with things like the fans??? He can NOT even be fair with ALL the NFL rules yet security....lol....

Here are two facts that I learned in this thread:

1) Kids shouldn't be at football games, because it lessens the crowd noise and cramps the style of the adults.
2) If you pay for a ticket, you have the right to act as boorish as you want.

Excellent!

I know I'm in the minority but I hate the idea of banning "Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures". A football game isn't for little Joey and Jessica to have a fun afternoon at, IMO. It's for people like us to tell Manning where to go f*ck himself :D
I concur, this is the only one I have a problem with. The others are idiotic and if you do them you deserve to be banned. Although I'd like to see them be a little more specific on the drunkenness one. Simply being drunk shouldn't count, and I don't think it would but I'd like to see that clarified.

Plus it's a great home field advantage, remember the craziness before he Jests game @ the razor last year? People were talking like the Rat might not make it out alive.

I actually think this started from the Jets Fans taunting women to flash.
Exactly. It was a big issue last year and a black eye for the league.

This wasn't aimed at the Patriots, it was for what has been going on in Philadelphia and New Jersey. The public perception was that fans at those stadiums were out of control, the teams/stadiums were not doing enough, so Goodell stepped in and made this Fan Code of Conduct. Just not sure if this will have any teeth though since it is still up to the home team and their stadium security to ploice their fans.

Unless Inspector Clouseau is going to have Kato go undercover as a fan of the visiting team in different stadiums each week and file a report back to the league office.

quasi1.jpg
dr_tooth1.jpg
numchk.jpg
retfight1.jpg

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...als/preview/2008/08/05/fan.code.ap/index.html

I guess Goodell is worried about the reaction of Pats fans on his next visit to Gilette.

d%#*!@t, I had planned to get stinkin drunk and tell the Commish to go "F" himself, throw snowballs at him, have my 92 year old grandmother flash him, while her husband peed on him as 35 of their peers gave him the finger while they all peed themselves.

Now, we have to get really creative here to show him ho wwe really feel about him.

We need to plan this out.

Places that are selling alcohol but threatening to permanently ban people who seem intoxicated should be forced to close immediately and every person who participated in writing that policy should be flogged.

The Patriots already have rules in place for these things. If the security caught the guy peeing on his seat, he would probably been arrested (as someone stated public urination is a crime), ejected from the game, and lost his seats.

I think the Patriots do a fairly good job policing the stadium. I don't think they need the league to supersede on their behalves. If you ever went to a game pre-Bob Kraft ownership, you would definitely appreciate how he has cleaned up the stadium. Although I also did see a guy pee on the seats during the Snow Bowl game, but security took him away.

This is true. They don't put up w/ a lot of crap at Pats games. If someone is really bothering people security comes right over to deal with the situation. The Pats already live by this code, so not much should change at Gillette.

I think more security is needed outside NFL stadiums. It's in the parking lots after games when all the drunks are vying to get out of the one lane exit for the whole stadium that I have seen problems occur. On more than one occassion I have seen the 18 yr. old parking attendant (w/ no police in sight) try to deal with two drunks throwing punches or banging into eachother's cars. Several of us even called a kid over once and told him not to try to deal with it himself. They are out there without radios or anything. This is where most problems occur IMO, but since it would cost the NFL owners a lot to secure all their lots, I guess Roger isn't for that.

d%#*!@t, I had planned to get stinkin drunk and tell the Commish to go "F" himself, throw snowballs at him, have my 92 year old grandmother flash him, while her husband peed on him as 35 of their peers gave him the finger while they all peed themselves.

Now, we have to get really creative here to show him ho wwe really feel about him.

ROTFLMAO!!!:rocker:

I think fan code of conducts should be reserved for each team. It isn't the NFL's responsibility to police the fans.

I agree, and in light of the other gray areas he's gotten involved with I'm really starting to wonder where the Sheriff's cutoff point is,and at what will it take before somebody begins to declare the line crossed.

I agree, and in light of the other gray areas he's gotten involved with I'm really starting to wonder where the Sheriff's cutoff point is,and at what will it take before somebody begins to declare the line crossed.

This is going to end badly for New England fans.....he hates us with a passion...so any stupid little act will result in some immense fine....

:rofl:..... It'll be fun to plan too. First we carefully examine the new dictum for loopholes, we want to push the envelope but still remain within the rules...
BB would know what to do:cool:

:rofl:..... It'll be fun to plan too. First we carefully examine the new dictum for loopholes, we want to push the envelope but still remain within the rules...
BB would know what to do:cool:

And of course we need to put a camera in a illegal position.

This is true. They don't put up w/ a lot of crap at Pats games. If someone is really bothering people security comes right over to deal with the situation. The Pats already live by this code, so not much should change at Gillette.

I think more security is needed outside NFL stadiums. It's in the parking lots after games when all the drunks are vying to get out of the one lane exit for the whole stadium that I have seen problems occur. On more than one occassion I have seen the 18 yr. old parking attendant (w/ no police in sight) try to deal with two drunks throwing punches or banging into eachother's cars. Several of us even called a kid over once and told him not to try to deal with it himself. They are out there without radios or anything. This is where most problems occur IMO, but since it would cost the NFL owners a lot to secure all their lots, I guess Roger isn't for that.

Good point about more security in the parking lots-not just Gillette's but all of them. The furthur from the stadium you get the more potential there is for problems-possibly big ones too.

Those kids definitely should have radios.

I know I'm in the minority but I hate the idea of banning "Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures". A football game isn't for little Joey and Jessica to have a fun afternoon at, IMO. It's for people like us to tell Manning where to go f*ck himself :D

i agree 100%...this is getting out of hand. I guess i will just stay at home and watch the games

It's been said many times on this board, the league with Goodell in charge seems to care more about image than substance, including taking care of their players and fans.

Although Harvey Steinberg goes overboard, I agree with him:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/05/harvey-steinberg-rips-the-nfl/

"It just shows you what a class organization that we're dealing with that Mr. Marshall and his attorney find out about this as the result of a press release," Steinberg said. "They didn't even have the courtesy to contact Mr. Marshall directly or his lawyer. The league appears to be more concerned about its image than treating its players with dignity and respect."

I can't believe they didn't at least contact his lawyer! But still- the player is entitled to get his "sentence" handed down directly rather than through a press release. No matter what crime he committed, he's still officially a member of the NFL and therefore still entitled to be treated like a professional.

Man speak with forked tongue.

When does the code of conduct for NFL front office people begin? I have a hard time believing that the Commish would allow a front office type to pin a member of the opposing team's staff against a wall or scream "break his legs" as an opponent is scrambling. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes