PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell haters line up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOOOOOOOOO! Can't stand Badell.

Rumors have it that when Goodell hangs it up that Tony Dungy has shown extreme interest in being Commisioner

I believe Schefter posted that on Twitter a few weeks back.

If you think its bad now,how about old Mr. Peanut head taking over?

I don't get the hate for him. Has he done anything worse than Tagliabue?

Are you kidding? He's been proactive in so many wrong ways:

* Going over the top in punishing BB for "cameragate" and taking away a first-round pick.

* Pushing for 18 regular-season games, a move that no players and few fans really want.

* Pushing the overseas games.

* Over-emphasizing player safety to the point of ****yfying the game.

That's just a few, for starters.

I didn't know when his contract ran out, but i never thought he'd get another one. IMO he's ruining the game. I can't believe the pettiness of a lot of the fines. No three point stance etc.

Last edited:
I don't hate Goodell, but my impression is of a typical PR lightweight. He likes to talk a lot, but he doesn't seem to be very smart.

Fortunately for him, he hasn't had any really serious issues to handle yet. (I don't count "Spygate". Whatever we may think, there isn't any question that he had general support for doing something to punish the Patriots. Yes, he was a pompous twerp about it, but it wasn't a difficult problem to handle as such.)

That seems to be about to change, however, with the uncapped year and the likely labour dispute that will follow. If I were the owners, I wouldn't be very optimistic about having Goodell in charge of negotiating that. But I suppose they thought that, if they're going into this fight, they'd better look like they're united behind their boy, whatever doubts they might have about him privately. Well, they're all billionaires, so perhaps they know what they're doing ...

Are you kidding? He's been proactive in so many wrong ways:

* Going over the top in punishing BB for "cameragate" and taking away a first-round pick.

* Pushing for 18 regular-season games, a move that no players and few fans really want.

* Pushing the overseas games.

* Over-emphasizing player safety to the point of ****yfying the game.

That's just a few, for starters.

:yeahthat:

As to your last point, this is why I think that it may/will cause loss of interest in the game. Football is popular with many because of it's violent nature. Sure there are great displays in athleticism but football is at it's best when the hits are big.
All the new rules are giving too much advantage to the offense. Now defensive players have to worry about the flag cop instead of playing his best instinctive football.
The league was full of tentative defenses in 2009.

I don't hate Goodell, but my impression is of a typical PR lightweight. He likes to talk a lot, but he doesn't seem to be very smart.

Fortunately for him, he hasn't had any really serious issues to handle yet. (I don't count "Spygate". Whatever we may think, there isn't any question that he had general support for doing something to punish the Patriots. Yes, he was a pompous twerp about it, but it wasn't a difficult problem to handle as such.)

That seems to be about to change, however, with the uncapped year and the likely labour dispute that will follow. If I were the owners, I wouldn't be very optimistic about having Goodell in charge of negotiating that. But I suppose they thought that, if they're going into this fight, they'd better look like they're united behind their boy, whatever doubts they might have about him privately. Well, they're all billionaires, so perhaps they know what they're doing ...

I'm with you, I think the guy is an empty suit. Hope he proves me wrong in the CBA negotiations.

Owners kept Tags in office, too. Ask them how they feel about that now.
They'd probably say they prospered under Taglieabue and made hundreds of millions of dollars.

Hey, you don't like Goodell. Fine. Neither do I, but the guys who stand to make millions or lose millions just gave the guy an extension. What does that tell you?

Oh, yeah. Nothing. We already know you are a better personnel evaluator than Belichick. Now you are a better businessman than Kraft? Why are you here? Should you be out businessing up scillions of dollars so you can buy a team and coach them yourself.

All of us would if we were even half as smart as you think you are.

They'd probably say they prospered under Taglieabue and made hundreds of millions of dollars.

Hey, you don't like Goodell. Fine. Neither do I, but the guys who stand to make millions or lose millions just gave the guy an extension. What does that tell you?

Oh, yeah. Nothing. We already know you are a better personnel evaluator than Belichick. Now you are a better businessman than Kraft? Why are you here? Should you be out businessing up scillions of dollars so you can buy a team and coach them yourself.

All of us would if we were even half as smart as you think you are.

There's a reason that Tagliabue hasn't gotten into the Hall of Fame yet. I don't expect you to grasp something as subtle as the owners hating the last CBA so much that they opted out of it, or anything like that, but give it a try.

I'm like whatever on this ... I just wish TD celebrations were legal again.

So you guys would rather have a commissioner who lets this league descend into lawlessnees? You don't think that'll have any impact on its popularity? The NBA has image problems which have hindered (in comparison to the NFL) its profitability. There are currently no steroid scandals like there are in baseball.

I don't get the hate for him. Has he done anything worse than Tagliabue?

You're kidding. Many things.

However, it does show how important stability is during a time of labor uncertainty, that this is actually better than the alternative...*puts finger down throat*

That's better, I had to say that.

What bad thing did Tagliabue do, anyway?

Another league happy with a terrible commissioner at the top. :bricks:

Despite him taking a Patriot number 1 pick....... I like what he has done with the league.

why so much hate?

Sorry, I'll never forgive this guy for blowing a camera location infraction into Spygate, forever dealing the Pats the Cheaters label, and depriving the current team of a potential stud player.

His attempts to push the game into overseas markets is another of his many misguided ideas.

I quite don't understand how people can hate and despise this commissioner yet its been highly noted that Robert Kraft has been the most vocal owner of all 32 teams in his support and approval of Goodell and his job so far.

If you are a Patriots fan and Kraft is one of only few owners that has said much of anything about Goodell, I find it confusing as to the hatred here when the Pats owner obviously likes the way the guy is running the league,possibly more than any other owner.

However I do miss Pete Rozelle..he was Da Man

Last edited:
If the Pats didn't cheat, they wouldn't have lost the draft pick. God, I can't stand homers. Didn't the Broncos lose draft picks for cheating the salary cap during their SB years? Would you homers consider that a minor rule infraction, too?

You don't automatically have to hate everything and everyone that results in something negative happening to your team to be a real fan. It just makes you more foolish.

Last edited:
If the Pats didn't cheat, they wouldn't have lost the draft pick. God, I can't stand homers. Didn't the Broncos lose draft picks for cheating the salary cap during their SB years? Would you homers consider that a minor rule infraction, too?

You don't automatically have to hate everything and everyone that results in something negative happening to your team to be a real fan. It just makes you more foolish.

who the F are you? Go away.... I praised Goodell. You sir are a Troll

:nono:

I think he has been a good commissioner and I am glad to see some stability in that office as the NFL heads into some very turbulent waters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes