Status
Not open for further replies.

denverpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I hate to be another Debbie Downer here but does anyone really think the Pats have a chance to win a close game? They will need to blow the Donks out of their own building in order to win this game. There is no way the league will allow the Pats to win if they can help it.

Follow me here. The poster boy for the NFL is PM. The SB is in NYC. This is a HUGE deal for the league that values it's image above all else. They need to have PM in the big game.

The other option would be to have the Pats in the game AGAIN. Spygate gets 2-weeks of coverage again. And the REAL issue that will affect the game's outcome? Yup you guessed it. AH!!

There is no way in heck that the league wants that case brought anywhere near their BIG GAME. No flippin way they allow that to happen. 2-weeks of AH coverage! It is beyond ridiculous now. Imagine it during SB week?

So expect another mind numbing officiated game. Look for the yellow flag on a late drive by the golden boy. Sorry folks but unless they blow em out I don't thin the league allows a Pats win.

Sorry for the negative waves man but I had to vent.

Go Pats!

The Broncos won all of 1 game this season in which the game came down to the 4th quarter: a 51-48 shootout over the no-defense Cowboys. The vast majority of their wins were blowouts.

The Pats have won tight games against Buffalo, the Jets, New Orleans, Denver, Houston and Cleveland, and lost games that could have been won on the last series against Cincinnati, the Jets, Carolina and Miami.

I understand your point, but I have to like our chances if the game is close in the 4th quarter.

I find it hard to believe that Goodell would screw with Robert Kraft.

Yo mean...again? Seems he already did once, but maybe he only gets that once.

I think they let them play. the refs they picked to handle this game havent thrown too many flags as I recall.

this benefits the pats as their DB's can be more physical with the denver receivers.

As illogical as it sounds, the answer to the OP's question is YES!

I mean, the losses to the Jets and Carolina were highly unusual. They happen in the NFL. But the Jets loss especially was bizarre.

If even one of those two bizarre ref decisions doesn't happen, then the Patriots are hosting the Broncos at Foxboro this weekend.

I hate to be another Debbie Downer here but does anyone really think............ There is no way the league will allow the Pats to win if they can help it.

Follow me here. The poster boy for the NFL is PM. The SB is in NYC............Go Pats!

Um....no.
images

Good points but then again, would they subject the face of the NFL to the elements, cold and wind, of the Meadowlands? That's all everyone would be talking about for the two weeks leading up to the game. He might embarrass himself with his noodle arm. Instead they should be talking about how he broke all the records and is therefore the best ever.

That could really tarnish him image. Might be better to throw Brady in there. They could make him lose and then people would be talking about the post Spygate record of the Patriots. Perfect! (for Goodell)

As illogical as it sounds, the answer to the OP's question is YES!

I mean, the losses to the Jets and Carolina were highly unusual. They happen in the NFL. But the Jets loss especially was bizarre.

If even one of those two bizarre ref decisions doesn't happen, then the Patriots are hosting the Broncos at Foxboro this weekend.

That sounds like something a Steelers fan would say. They lost to the Jets because they didn't coach the correct rules. Is it a great time for that call? No, but f the knew the rules it wouldn't have mattered.

They've gotten their brakes as well. The PI against Cleveland was very generous IMO.

Brady had 5 game winning drives/4th quarter comebacks this season which was the most in any season of his career. When you play with fire you will get burned sometimes and that was the case against the Panthers and Jets.

Essentially when trailing with the ball in his hands for the final drive with a chance to win or at least tie Brady was 5-4 this season, I will take that any day of the year considering most teams would be lucky to go 1-8 in those types of games.

I do not think there is any conspiracy at least not by the NFL, I thought the rain storm that started when we took the ball over and stopped right when Brady was intercepted by Jones in week 5 against the Bengals was more suspect than the refs blowing calls.

This game will not come down to Goddell dictating who wins.
You should be worrying about whether Cannon can hold his blocks, whether Arrington is fully healthy and playing the slot, whether Collins and Hightower can duplicate their effort from last week. Worry about this $hite and forget about Goddell

New England is a much better draw in NY in the cold for the Super Bowl since one of the teams is going to be from the left coast.

For TV purposes, Denver-Seattle is two small media markets.

New England is a bigger, East Coast media draw, and brings the whole Evil Empire/Golden Boy story line.

If this is not sarcasm, perhaps you missed 2007.

That sounds like something a Steelers fan would say. They lost to the Jets because they didn't coach the correct rules. Is it a great time for that call? No, but f the knew the rules it wouldn't have mattered.

They've gotten their brakes as well. The PI against Cleveland was very generous IMO.

I've never disagreed more with a post in all my years on here.

Let's rehash this. One, that penalty has been only called once, in OT of the Patriots game. Two, the NFL head of referees is on a video explaining the rule right before the season, and in it he says, you can't push from the second-level. Clearly, he told the teams this. Three, the Jets had done the same thing in the game and there was no call. Four, the call changed the result of the game. You couldn't be more wrong about this.

You also can't compare the PI in the Browns game to the Panthers game. Why? Because a flag was thrown. It was picked up. Why? Well, the refs right after the game issued a statement saying that they determined the ball was uncatchable. Well, they got the rule wrong. The NFL the next day said that the ball was not uncatchable but the call stood because the player did not interfere but that possibly holding could be called. In other words, the refs directly contradicted the NFL, and the NFL admitted that IF the flag had been picked up because it was uncathcable, it was a bad call.

These were two egregiously bad calls that changed games, and when you see announcers and the whole football world spend many hours discussing the call, you know things are really bad.

I'm really surprised here that Patriots fans aren't aware of NFL front office shenanigans. Even the beat writers who follow the team have written articles about how Ray Anderson was standing outside the Jets locker room in one victory over the Patriots high fiving the Jets front office, and one guy heard him say "I told you so!"

This is after the Jets were caught taping games in 2006 at Foxboro, and the NFL responded that they had permission to tape. The Patriots said no one gave them permission. The NFL said they were told the Jets had it. And eprmission to do what? Cheat?

Yeah Roger Goodell sure has made life extraordinarily difficult for a QB/coach who have been to 8 AFC championships. Imagine if the refs weren't always cheating us out of deserved victories, maybe the rest of the NFL would just forfeit :rolleyes:

Yeah Roger Goodell sure has made life extraordinarily difficult for a QB/coach who have been to 8 AFC championships.

Imagine if the refs weren't always cheating us out of deserved victories, maybe the rest of the NFL would just forfeit :rolleyes:

Imagine how devoid of purpose our lives would be if there was no NFL conspiracy against the Patriots.

Attachments

• Tom-Brady-is-an-Alien.jpg
    Tom-Brady-is-an-Alien.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 100
I believe there is a hometown bias in officiating (the "If I make this call, will I make it to the car before the fans lynch me" factor). Can it hurt a visiting team in close games? Sure. Do I believe Roger is directing the outcome? No. If so, there would be no reason to watch the game. That means the NFL season is scripted, so live games mean nothing.

If there is any lesson from the games lost this year on the road, it's don't miss opportunities that might put you far enough ahead to make officiating irrelevant. I believe every road loss this year involved points left on the board that made the officiating a critical element of the game in the end. The Pats benefit from no calls at home, so it is not completely one sided. I just hope the Pats execute and avoid that concern in Denver.

Yeah Roger Goodell sure has made life extraordinarily difficult for a QB/coach who have been to 8 AFC championships. Imagine if the refs weren't always cheating us out of deserved victories, maybe the rest of the NFL would just forfeit :rolleyes:

You have Stockholm Syndrome courtesy of Mr. Guudellson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back