PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell Being 'Pushed' By Influential Owners to Keep Brady's Suspension at Four Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike our owner, who purchased the stadium forcing Orthwein's hand to sell him the team instead of being able to move them to St. Louis for a then record price. As for those who beleive all his money came from Myra's family, he got help along the way but firmly established his own company in 1972. International Forest products was founded that year and he was the owner of Rand-Whitney.

Most of you fools have no idea how close this team came to becoming the ST. Louis Zephers. There would be no PATSFANS.COM, there would be no 7 SB appearances and 4 championships in the last 21 years and there would be no Bill Belichick/Tom Brady legacy.

There would be NO football in NE without Bob Kraft.

How quick we are to turn our back and forget what we've been blessed with. It's almost disgusting.

That's pretty much my feeling on this matter.

I'm disappointed that Bob didn't carry the fight for Tom and his franchise's brand but I don't think that wipes out 21 years of a pretty damn good period of ownership- especially when the prior 10, 20 and 30 years were mixed with smatterings of limited success and mostly disaster.

Unlike our owner, who purchased the stadium forcing Orthwein's hand to sell him the team instead of being able to move them to St. Louis for a then record price. As for those who beleive all his money came from Myra's family, he got help along the way but firmly established his own company in 1972. International Forest products was founded that year and he was the owner of Rand-Whitney.

Most of you fools have no idea how close this team came to becoming the ST. Louis Zephers. There would be no PATSFANS.COM, there would be no 7 SB appearances and 4 championships in the last 21 years and there would be no Bill Belichick/Tom Brady legacy.

There would be NO football in NE without Bob Kraft.

How quick we are to turn our back and forget what we've been blessed with. It's almost disgusting.
This:

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 10h10 hours ago
1. I will always be grateful to Robert Kraft for saving the Pats from moving to STL, hiring Belichick and building the 2001-15 juggernaut.

2. But Kraft sold out Brady and Patriots fans by not fighting the Wells Report. He picked the league over the fan base. It's just a fact.

3. And Kraft needs to know that, for the rest of his life, it's going to be one of the first things Pats fans mention when we discuss him.

Note: I bolded the "one" in the third post.

You're right. We should all give a free pass to the business man who made huge money by not moving the team he purchased to to a much smaller market. The whole thing was 100% about his fandom and selflessness. The millions he's been making every year was simply an unintended consequence.

I can understand your support of Kraft, but the ultra-aggressive way you are attacking the opposing viewpoint, as well as making **** up, is over-the-top and completely uncalled for.
Making **** up? When he bought the team Myra asked him if he was crazy. They were coming off a 5 year stretch with an overall record of 19-61. Now they've had a winning record for the last 14 years in a row and 18 out of 21, but apparently that had nothing to do with Bob, you know, other than making sure they didn't leave town. SMH.

The only uncalled for thing I've seen in this thread is the constant calling for Kraft's head on a silver platter. Tom will beat this thing and when called upon in a real court (not the kangaroo-style Goodell lead court) I beleive he'll step up. This isn't over by a longshot.

This:

1. I will always be grateful to Robert Kraft for saving the Pats from moving to STL, hiring Belichick and building the 2001-15 juggernaut.

2. But Kraft sold out Brady and Patriots fans by not fighting the Wells Report. He picked the league over the fan base. It's just a fact.

3. And Kraft needs to know that, for the rest of his life, it's going to be one of the first things Pats fans mention when we discuss him.

Note: I bolded the "one" in the third post.
Short term memory should not be the legacy in which we always remember Kraft, and this ordeal is FAR from over. If Tom is standing on the podium with his arm around Bob hoisting #5 come Feb. 7th in Santa Clara, what will you say?

Making **** up? When he bought the team Myra asked him if he was crazy. They were coming off a 5 year stretch with an overall record of 19-61. Now they've had a winning record for the last 14 years in a row and 18 out of 21, but apparently that had nothing to do with Bob, you know, other than making sure they didn't leave town. SMH.

The only uncalled for thing I've seen in this thread is the constant calling for Kraft's head on a silver platter. Tom will beat this thing and when called upon in a real court (not the kangaroo-style Goodell lead court) I beleive he'll step up. This isn't over by a longshot.
Claiming there's a bunch of Goodell supporters on this forum is making **** up.

There are definitely those who are over the top in degrading Kraft, but you've been attacking everyone who is criticizing Kraft and are trying to paint him as some sort of selfless savior. I've criticized Kraft, but also acknowledge that there is a lot that we don't know, and he may truly believe that he is doing the right thing. That said, with the facts that we do have, it looks bad, and fans "turning" on Kraft is both valid and reasonable. Calling them turncoats and claiming they're "Defenders of Roger" is way over-the-top, and far more abrasive than is appropriate.

It is possible to effectively argue a point that you feel strongly about without using loaded terms, hurling insults and making **** up.

Short term memory should not be the legacy in which we always remember Kraft, and this ordeal is FAR from over. If Tom is standing on the podium with his arm around Bob hoisting #5 come Feb. 7th in Santa Clara, what will you say?

I'll be too busy puking while he says "we are all patriots" less than a calendar year after selling out the man next to him (Tom Brady) and his entire fanbase.

I'll say five SB's vs one capitulation to the league. The 5 SB's will trump the capitulation, but it will not erase it.

I'll say five SB's vs one capitulation to the league. The 5 SB's will trump the capitulation, but it will not erase it.
Let me add this. It's like having someone in your family do something of consequence which is really stupid. You forgive him, you help him rehabilitate, but you don't forget.

Claiming there's a bunch of Goodell supporters on this forum is making **** up.

There are definitely those who are over the top in degrading Kraft, but you've been attacking everyone who is criticizing Kraft and are trying to paint him as some sort of selfless savior. I've criticized Kraft, but also acknowledge that there is a lot that we don't know, and he may truly believe that he is doing the right thing. That said, with the facts that we do have, it looks bad, and fans "turning" on Kraft is both valid and reasonable. Calling them turncoats and claiming they're "Defenders of Roger" is way over-the-top, and far more abrasive than is appropriate.

It is possible to effectively argue a point that you feel strongly about without using loaded terms, hurling insults and making **** up.
OK, the "Defenders of Roger" and "turncoat" stuff is over-the-top and I should have tried to mildly "imply" it, but at the same time the vitriol towards Kraft is also over-the-top. Am I dissapointed he didn't fight more ardently. Of course, but he wasn't just 1 against 31, he's dealing with an entire league office comprised mainly of ex-Jet employees and those who aren't are Jet fans.

Brady has to take the torch on this one and not back down. He can't hide behind Bob and I don't think he wants to. I can't wait for the vitriol that comes down on Roger when (if) he makes a decision. The court case is going to be the end of Roger and he knows it.

OK, the "Defenders of Roger" and "turncoat" stuff is over-the-top and I should have tried to mildly "imply" it, but at the same time the vitriol towards Kraft is also over-the-top. Am I dissapointed he didn't fight more ardently. Of course, but he wasn't just 1 against 31, he's dealing with an entire league office comprised mainly of ex-Jet employees and those who aren't are Jet fans.

Brady has to take the torch on this one and not back down. He can't hide behind Bob and I don't think he wants to. I can't wait for the vitriol that comes down on Roger when (if) he makes a decision. The court case is going to be the end of Roger and he knows it.
I don't agree with everything said in this post, but I do like it.

Let me add this. It's like having someone in your family do something of consequence which is really stupid. You forgive him, you help him rehabilitate, but you don't forget.
I'm done with holding Bob in high regard.

All I want from him is his money and trying not to screw up this team.

Still can't believe he agreed to a 1st round draft choice. Jackass.

I'll be too busy puking while he says "we are all patriots" less than a calendar year after selling out the man next to him (Tom Brady) and his entire fanbase.
I'd be very happy with another NE SB Championship. I'm sorry your resigned not to enjoy it. Sucks to be you.

Agreed. I'm all assuming that the majority of these owners truly believe that the Patriots are repeat offenders as it pertains to cheating. I find it unlikely that there are more than a handful who have actually taken the time to review the facts of what happened.

You know why they love to paint the Pats as repeat offenders? Because otherwise they have to admit that the Patriots really are that good for that long. And it forces them to accept the fact that their own fans will ask, "how come we can't be as good as the Patriots?" They can take the faux moral high ground and claim "they must be cheating" instead of looking inward and trying to copy an almost maniacal attention to detail and preparation. (e.g. Butler and Browner recognizing the formation on the interception in the Super Bowl.)
It's jealousy and pettiness on the part of owners and players.......

Thank goodness for the ignore function.

Irsay and Bisciotti believe that the Patriots have been "getting away with murder for years"?

Can they offer any insight into their theory? Any evidence? Do they have some proof that those dastardly Patriots are up to shenanigans?

I'd love to hear what made these two geniuses arrive at the conclusion that the Patriots are getting away with murder

Goodell is even more of a *****. He wanted unwielding power, he's screwed up every case so far and now dumbass daddy's rich kid alcoholic/druggie is bossing him around.

So the Ravens believe the Pats have been "getting away with murder for years."?

raylewis1.jpg

Irsay and Bisciotti believe that the Patriots have been "getting away with murder for years"?

Can they offer any insight into their theory? Any evidence? Do they have some proof that those dastardly Patriots are up to shenanigans?

I'd love to hear what made these two geniuses arrive at the conclusion that the Patriots are getting away with murder
Because their teams keep being killed when they play the Patriots?

Perhaps you should reread what I actually wrote. Where did I reference what the owners think? They're a bunch of petty douches, who like most of corporate America, sacrifice long term success for short term profit.

If you believe that the concussion issue is over and the NFL won't be paying any more money, you might not want to be throwing words like naive around.

Expanding the draft is the only good decision he has made. Not only was expansion beyond the US an agenda long before Goodell's tenure (remember NFL Europe), but you're way overstating the ROE of these international games. Goodell started considering cold-weather stadiums to help the NY teams... any other perceived benefit is an unintended consequence. Let's see how much the owners love the idea when 12+ inches of snow and biting cold ruin the week leading up to the superbowl.

Not sure why you're crediting Goodell with the downfall of MLB, but I doubt even the owners are deluded enough to think that.

Every sport tries to generate buzz year round. The rising popularity of the sport itself is simply enabling the NFL to accomplish this.

Please cite your sources for NFL Thursday being such a success. Most of the games on Thursday suck and the majority of the fans don't seem to even want them. The bigger money contracts weren't negotiated by Goodell, the negotiating team was headed by Kraft.

Without Kraft, there would have been missed games before a CBA was signed.

The only truly good decision made by Goodell was making the draft 3 days. Giving credit to Goodell for the situational factors that have led to the dramatic increase in NFL profits is much like giving a President credit for the state of the economy soon after he takes office. There are so many recent blunders by Goodell that people seem to forget things like the officiating strike, the poor handling of Bounty Gate, and the unfair punishing of Dallas and Washington while the Broncos and Jets colluded for a similar advantage in the CBA. Much like corporate America, the owners inability to see beyond short term profits will lead to the watering down of the product, followed by an inevitable decline and likely the eventual demise.

There was a time when you wouldn't post words like "naive" about valid, reasonable perspectives that differed from yours.

You seem to be taking something personally about this whole issue, so we should probably leave things where they are at and agree to disagree.

Just to clear things up, I definitely wasn't claiming that you personally were naive--my comment about being naive was in response to the thought that there was a small minority who thinks that Goodell has done well for the owners. That's the subject I thought we were talking about. Perhaps there was a miscommunication there, and if so I apologize. In the big picture of things, it hardly matters anyway.

Last edited:
In Arnold's defense, he got shafted before he ever thought of being a traitor.
I should clarify my position. Benedict Arnold had some reason for changing sides while Kraft didn't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back