PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodbye Rodney? Hello John Lynch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

Virtual Internet Person
Reaction score
If Rodney is done at least for the year as it certainly looked seeing him carted off, how long before John Lynch is on a plane to Foxboro? They even mentioned in the broadcast that he was still waiting around for a phone call, then within 10 minutes Rodney is down and out. That will certainly qualify as another amazing example of BB being prepared for every eventuality, wouldn't it? Too bad there wasn't another Brady wanting to come play for him, but at this point in their respective careers their might not even be much of a dropoff from Rodney to John.

If Rodney is done at least for the year as it certainly looked seeing him carted off, how long before John Lynch is on a plane to Foxboro? They even mentioned in the broadcast that he was still waiting around for a phone call, then within 10 minutes Rodney is down and out. That will certainly qualify as another amazing example of BB being prepared for every eventuality, wouldn't it? Too bad there wasn't another Brady wanting to come play for him, but at this point in their respective careers their might not even be much of a dropoff from Rodney to John.

Well, he looked like he could still play when he was in the last preseason game.

Was thinking the same thing, I'm sure BB will be asked soon enough.

Antwain Spann.
eat-drink-smiley-7838.gif

I wanted Lynch even with Harrison healthy. I like having four safeties. I would hope we bring in Lynch even if Harrison is coming back this year. In the end, we brought in Richardson instead, which was great.

More importantly... how much higher a priority does drafting a safety become in 2009 now?

Sorry to way after listening to the radio it sounds like this could be it for Rodneys carreer. I hope not hes one of my favorite players,but he was heard saying as he was being carted into the tunnel "this is it,its all over". Of course this is hear say,but at his age does he really want to go through re-hab again? What would it be 3 times in four years?

Last edited:
Actually he didn't which is why they cut him.
You're right. I would love to have the John Lynch of a couple of years ago, but he looked really slow and reacted poorly in pre-season with us.

Brandon Merriweather, and James Sanders time to STEP UP!

More importantly... how much higher a priority does drafting a safety become in 2009 now?

I try not to think about it, but there is a very good chance were it not for Spygate Kenny Phillips would have been the Pats pick at #31.

(FWIW, he is looking pretty good for the Giants.)

Meriweather and Sanders have been playing very well. The real problem is that Sanders is a free agent after this year, and we don't have a third safety for this season.

this is a really good point. if his injury is serious, which it unfortunately appeared to be, Lynch would be ok. Plus, I also think we will see even more of Meriweather, who looks fantastic

Sanders and Harrison are both in contract years. This makes the decision easy on who to sign next to Meriweather next year. Personally I would of like to see Rodney back again next year, but I think we all knew this day would come.

well, how come everyoen assumed its lynch?

cant seau be the one called?

I really doubt that it is Lynch. The obvious choice isn't always what happens around here.

I wonder if they are considering giving Seau a call. On one hand they have to be thrilled with the production of rookies Mayo and Guyton and they don't want to do anything that might stunt their growth. On the other hand we could use some veteran leadership in Rodney's absence (if he's out for the season which is what everyone seems to be assuming here), and also it would be good to give Bruschi some more breathers.

No thanks. Go with Hit Stick, Sanders and Slater. This season is a proving ground for our young talent.

Yeah I just saw the relpay of that play here. Its at about 2:58.
It looked really bad, especially since he was already banged up earlier in the game and was limping on that leg. I very much doubt he will be back this season.
What about the Morris injury? I didnt even see it (definitely noticed his absence though), how serious was it?

Last edited:
I have no problem with Lynch. As the third safety. Meriweather and Sanders are both probably better than Rodney at this point anyways. Depending on seriousness, this is likely the end of Rodney's career - best to let the young 'uns replace him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots