Good Words from Belichick on Seau

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From Reiss' blog :

"Belichick answered several questions on linebacker Junior Seau, one of the team's game-ball winners. Belichick said Seau had one of the key plays of the opener, covering the tight end down the field on the play in which Ty Warren sacked J.P. Losman for a safety.

"He made the play," Belichick said.

Belichick also said Seau is a fun player to coach, as he's often at Gillette Stadium at 6 a.m. watching film."

Those are very encouraging words. Also to note
after the first half I think McGahee only averaged 1.5 yds/carry
up the middle and Seau stop him at least one time for loss yds.
I got a great feeling about Seau.

These are the type of character guys that Belichick brings in at the last moment that keep a spark lit under the team.

All our beloved Vets are fired up, but how can they 'want it' as bad as a starving man like Seau at his last chance for a banquet.

He is icing on the cake, as long as he stays healthy.

He obviously knows the game backwards. I thought that from what I saw on Sunday he looked very dynamic too. I hope it lasts!

Seau is this year's Ted Washington.

Like Ted, he will have a ring when it's all over.

Per the norm, post game criticism of Seau by certain media hacks was irresponsible and immature. It takes time for a new ILB to get familiar with how to fill holes in the 3-4. For some it takes a season; for Seau it took ONE HALF. This defense will be the best the Pats have had since Ted Washington hopped in the back of a turnip truck and headed outta town (as an aside, the turnip truck broke down on route 84!).:D

PonyExpress said:
Ted Washington hopped in the back of a turnip truck and headed outta town (as an aside, the turnip truck broke down on route 84!).:D

Broken axle, was it? ;)

BelichickFan said:
From Reiss' blog :

"Belichick answered several questions on linebacker Junior Seau, one of the team's game-ball winners. Belichick said Seau had one of the key plays of the opener, covering the tight end down the field on the play in which Ty Warren sacked J.P. Losman for a safety.

"He made the play," Belichick said.

Actually in the "Belichick Breakdwn" on Comcast Digital Cable. he said that on that play Seau first froze the left guard and tackle by faking a blitz, which allowed the penetration by Banta-Cain, then was able to peel back in coverage on the TE as well...

BelichickFan said:
Belichick also said Seau is a fun player to coach, as he's often at Gillette Stadium at 6 a.m. watching film."[/I]

I LOVE little tidbits like this about players. I bet Monty never did this, he was too busy resting his groin probably.

Kasmir said:
Actually in the "Belichick Breakdwn" on Comcast Digital Cable. he said that on that play Seau first froze the left guard and tackle by faking a blitz, which allowed the penetration by Banta-Cain, then was able to peel back in coverage on the TE as well...

I'll have to go see for myself. If true, then: Best. NFL. Free Agent. Acquisition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back