PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good weather, does it help us or Jax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Sox_Fan

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Seems like a nice day. We pull it off in cold waves...but a nice day.. May be JAX are little releived. Not quite getting a taste of Foxboro in Jannuary. What do you think?

I'd say both teams prefer fair weather. Obviously that favors NE since the passing will not be interfered with, but I don't think Jacksonville examines it that way. Both teams are confident in their abilities so I'd guess they would at least hope for fair weather, or weather that doesn't alter their game plans.

As a Jags fan I would have prefered windy windy windy.

Too easy. They can run in the wind. We saw in Baltimore that Brady is not quite himself when it is windy.

Yes, our running game is OK, but our passing game is out of this world. Take that out, and we become your run of the mill better-than-average playoff team. With the throw, we are just unstoppable. That is what made us great this year, not our running game.

This weather benifits the Patriots....without a doubt.

A fast track is MOSSOME!

Totally agree that it favors the Pats--not just because of their style of play but because a sloppy field introduces a lot more randomness into the game (freak turnovers, lost footing, etc.) A clean, windless field favors the better team.

jags absolutely need lots of wind and anything else they can get. anything to slow down the game. the fewer possesions the better for them. the forecast is calling for temps to start at 38 and end at 33, with wind at 2 mph. ideal situation for lots of possesions.

Jags.

The turf will be softer when we push their faces in it.

It benefits us a lot more than the Jags. No wind means every possible route and pass is now in play. No limiting the deep ball like the Baltimore and second Jets game. Also without rain or elements, the field will stay in good condition, not allowing a possible costly slip in coverage or the ball being slick and slipping out of hands. And without weather being an equalizer, I will take the team that has the most talent, which is the Pats.

if i may! Courtesy of Accuweather.com

Tonight:

Winds: NNW at 4mph
Wind Gusts: 5 mph
Min UV Index: N/A
Thunderstorm Probability: 0%
Amount of Precipitation: 0.00in
Amount of Rain: 0.00in
Amount Snow: 0.0in
Hours of Precipitation: 0 Hrs
Hours of Rain: 0 Hrs
Hours of Dark 14.6 Hrs

yesterday we had major rain here in Foxburrrrrrough, tomorrow, we're getting a major nor'easter...sounds like a date with destiny to me! :rocker:

Good weather without wind is exactly what this passing offense needs.

the wind is the only thing that would worry me as giving the jags an advantage and it looks like a non factor. i think a deep freeze would have been to our advantage, but the forecast says it won't even dip below 32F.

Last edited:
Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but the long range forecast for next Sunday in Foxboro is a high of 16, low of 8 and snow, what brewski used to call Patriots Weather.

Last edited:
I just looked on the weather channel online and it calls for sunny and 30 next sunday

No wind is good. Certainly didn't look good with Baltimore and even Jets!!! that was some rainy..:eek:

Weather doesnt help or hurt anyone today. If it was like the Jets game I'd have to say it would favor the Jags, but with perfect weather no advantage one way or the other.

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but the long range forecast for next Sunday in Foxboro is a high of 16, low of 8 and snow, what brewski used to call Patriots Weather.

I dont know what weather report you were looking at:
Weather Channel:
Sun
Jan 20 Sunny
28°/13°

if i may! Courtesy of Accuweather.com

Tonight:

Winds: NNW at 4mph
Min UV Index: N/A
Thunderstorm Probability: 0%
Amount of Precipitation: 0.00in
Amount of Rain: 0.00in
Amount Snow: 0.0in
Hours of Precipitation: 0 Hrs
Hours of Rain: 0 Hrs
Hours of Dark 14.6 Hrs

yesterday we had major rain here in Foxburrrrrrough, tomorrow, we're getting a major nor'easter...sounds like a date with destiny to me! :rocker:

Sneakin' the game in between the bad stuff. I like that.

That's a little stronger than a butterfly going by.

Mr-Burns-Excellent.bmp

I dont know what weather report you were looking at:
Weather Channel:
Sun
Jan 20 Sunny
28°/13°

looking at MSN weather, which is usually pretty good. anyway, who the heck knows this far out and it's not the biggest thing on our mind today.

Sunday
Jan 20 PM Snow
Hi: 18° Lo: 6°
70%

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes