Welcome to PatsFans.com

Good use of our 2nd Amendment rights

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +698 / 7 / -2

When you bans guns altogether, you remove a law abiding citizens right to self protection.

Hammond woman fatally shoots alleged stalker

November 14, 2007

(HAMMOND, Ind.) - A northwest Indiana woman shot her alleged stalker to death. Police say 41-year-old Ryan Lee Bergner broke into the woman's home in Hammond Monday night. The 51-year-old woman called 9-1-1 and hid in a closet with a gun she had been given for protection. She says she shot him when he opened the closet door and started choking her.
    His family says Bergner was a good man. Neighbors say the woman's action is understandable.

"There is no way there should be any charges on her. It is justifiable homicide. She was on the phone with police. They told her exactly what to do. What more are you asking for when some guy's coming at you? I mean, that's defense," said Alison Joseph, woman's neighbor.

"We're just stunned by the accusations that are being made towards him. Like I said, he's not that kind of person at all. Everybody that knew him knows Ryan is not that kind of person," said Melissa Bergner, Bergner's sister-in-law.

There is no word yet whether prosecutors will file charges against the woman in this case.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=local&id=5762204

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 15 / -29

When freedom is outlawed, only outlaws will be free.. as much as I agree with what that woman did, my issue has always been with the so called big weapons.. automatic rifles, compact machine guns etc.