PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good to be a fan of "New England" sports teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBonePatsFan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Red Sox: Won their last 7 games: 3 to comeback to beat the Indians in the ALCS and 4 straight over the Rockies in the World Series.
Record: 7-0

Celtics: Great start to the season.
Record: 22-3

Patriots: About to make history?
Record: 15-0

Recent (total) record of Boston sports teams:
44-3

Absolutely amazing! I was old enough in '86 to realize how Boston dominated the sports scene, but this is something else!!!

BTW, I know I'm fudging the numbers, by not including the Bruins, but what can I say, I'm not a hockey fan.

well, even us, as homers have to be a bit serious....we wont win the championship in hockey....

JUST in baseball, basketball and football (LOL)

well, even us, as homers have to be a bit serious....we wont win the championship in hockey....

JUST in baseball, basketball and football (LOL)

Nice :) Very Nice

BTW, I know I'm fudging the numbers, by not including the Bruins, but what can I say, I'm not a hockey fan.

Bruins have the fifth best record in the NHL right now.

What a surprise that Boston fans don't give a crap about their hockey team. Only if they won a championship last year. Bandwagontown.

Last edited:
One more piece that I found interesting. Not only are "our" teams winning, but they're dominating!!!

Check out the Point Differentials and Margin of Victory / Game:

Red Sox
Games: 7
Point Differential: 59-15
Outscored Opp by: +44
Margin of Victory / game: +6.3

Celtics
Games: 25
Point Differential: 2510-2165
Outscored Opp by: +345
Margin of Victory / game: +13.9

Patriots
Games: 15
Point Differential: 551-239
Outscored Opp by: +312
Margin of Victory / game: +20.8

SICK!

After not doing crap with Bourque and Neely, then trading Allison and Carter, and later Thornton, the ownership of the Bruins doesn't really deserve to have a single damn fan show up. I like going to the games and having a few drinks, but as far as I'm concerned hockey in this town suffered a fatal blow the day Samuellson checked Neely, then again when Thornton got traded for 10 cents on the dollar. The ownership doesn't deserve support of the team. At least the Celtics tried.

For those that don't follow hockey, the Thornton trade was comparable to the Moss trade we had, one of the best players in the game, a franchise player, only he got dealt for a few has beens and never will be's. So it would be like getting a younger Moss for Izzo Chad Scott and Billy Yates.

Screw the Bruins.

Last edited:
Bruins have the fifth best record in the NHL right now.

What a surprise that Boston fans don't give a crap about their hockey team. Only if they won a championship last year. Bandwagontown.

I mentioned in my initial post that I'm NOT a fan of hockey!!! I didn't say anything about not liking them due to their poor play the last few seasons. I have NEVER liked the game. I didn't like them in the 70s and 80s when they were "good" and I don't like them now either.

So, your Bandwagontown is BS when it comes to me. Read my post and actually put some thought into it before responding with that horsedung.

Last edited:
I have always been a Red Sox and Pats fan and I've rooted for the Celtics although I am not a huge basketball fan.

Hockey in Boston? Never really liked hockey much and definitely not the Bruins and their POS owners. They are a disgrace to the city. The Bruins owners seem content with a mediocre team that gets knocked out in the first round of the playoffs every year. At least the other owners TRY, whether they win or not. For 86 years the Red Sox tried like hell.

Kraft has been an incredible owner, to this day I still think he is responsible for the Red Sox winning because he showed this city how to win. I don't think it is a coincidence that the Red Sox finally won AFTER the Patriots showed them how and showed them it was possible.

You can laugh but Boston has always had a lot of negative energy. The Patriots changed that with their amazing run in 2001. They shocked us into being positive and look at the results since then. I know Kraft is out to make money and he makes a killing every year thanks to us fans but I have no problem giving that man my money. He has given me so many great memories and fun times that I do it gladly.

Thats one thing that a lot of owners seem to forget. They are so busy trying to rape the fans and get money any way they can that they forget that many fans will willingly give it to them if they only show us they are trying like hell.

I've always hated the Yankees but you couldn't ask for more in an owner than Steinbrenner. He will do or spend whatever it takes to win. Kraft manages to accomplish the same thing in a much classier way but the underlying theme is the same, he wants it just as much as we do.

I only hope the Kraft family owns this team for the rest of my lifetime and that the children have the same passion that the old man does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down