Welcome to PatsFans.com

Good stuff

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 5 / -2

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +787 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

I thought you were selling dime bags in this thread RW.
  3. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

Palin scares the hell out of the libs. Imagine if these sorts of comments had been made about the Clinton women....

She has more spine than the rest of the pubbies in congress put together.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

Those rosey rightie glasses again, everything that has been said about Palin has been said 10 fold about Clinton... Chelsea chose not to get pregnant, and was not used a prop in an election.. there are huge differences.. see Pants Suit Hillary, Billy Blue Dress.. yada yada yada..
  6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

Really which national comedians made these comments about the Chelsea? an example or two would do. I recall her being sloppy drunk in a NYC bar (paparatzzi took some pics that made the tabloids) don't recall her stuff becoming national news especially after her partent left the national stage. Palin is after just the govenor of a small state. Even though she scares lefties to death.
  7. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Its cute how the RW spin machine is working overtime to make sure everyone KNOWS it was the 14 yr old Willow that Dave was speaking of and not the 19 yr old Bristol that we've all already heard of in a context that's very much applicable to what Dave was talking about.

I'm all for painting Yankees as child molesters or other nefarious characters. In fact I happen to be a charter member of the Joba is a piece of trailer park, Meth-sniffing trash fan society, but c'mon now, Arod is a doper who can't hit when it counts, not a pedophile. Cano's clearly the pedophile.
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  8. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Democrats dream that she'll be the Republican nominee in 2012.
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +496 / 2 / -9

Letterman's a piece of f-cking dog sh!t, does he have kids, if he's got a daughter I'd like to see Dick Cheney knock her up.....:mad:

Has Letterman ever noticed what his whoring pals out in Hollywood do, Palin's daughter is just doing what they all do on the Liberal Sit Com's she's f-cking, like they do on all the soap opera's, Palin's daughter "is cool"
  10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -13

I didn't know Chelsea got knocked up while Clinton was in office! :eek:

The things I learn here!;)
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 5 / -2

His "joke" was dispicable. Make fun of politicians all you want, but their children should be left alone.
  12. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

x10 when the "joke" is about gang fukcing her in center field while thousands watch. Btw, I wonder was he talking about 18 y/o daughter, or the 14 y/o one?

Apparently there is no bounds now.
  13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

The reason is simple she was not used as a prop to get elected and chose not to get pregnant.. have to put it into perspective here, mom is a gun toting, bible thumping rightie.. and her daughter is cast onto the national stage pregnant?? Why flaunt it?? minimize the potential embarassment.. you reap what you sow. Media relations 101 would tell you not to use your kids as props...

WTF do you expect in this world, this shyt happens all the time.. as long as choices are made to listen to the mediots on both side of the aisle it will continue ad infinitum.
  14. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +392 / 6 / -9

Oh PLEASE God yes! Palin and Glenn Beck!!! No wait, Limbaugh!!!
  15. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

I don't watch Letterman, but the Palin's certainly did all they can to exploit their 19 year old daughter and her baby. If they wanted privacy, they should have acted like they wanted privacy. Also, the fact is our society has become more perverse and voyeuristic. The age of conservativism brought with it sadistic reality shows and sensationalism at the expense of privacy. Fox deserves a lot of credit for that.

That said, the media for the most part respected Chelsea and Bush twins because they weren't dragged into the public limelight by their ambitious parents. Palin is a terrible mother, but when the far right of the Republican Party goes searching for leaders other than white men, they're forced to choose among low intelligence goofballs like Palin, Steele, and the like.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +496 / 2 / -9

None of those rules go for Palin, they see a big threat with her in the future and they are out to completely destroy her, her family and her dog, I used to like Letterman but he's turned into a Creep.

Palin is getting a lot of "sympathy publicity" out of it, if she runs for anything in the future she will drive those Dingobats insane, I'd love to see her run against Pant Suit.
  17. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 5 / -3

So that makes what Letterman said alright? Its not so much about Palin, just that it was a very distasteful 'joke'.
  18. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

No, actually I think it's wrong, but maybe the constant barrage of attacks on PC thinking weakened my resolve.
  19. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Right on Real World, this story is everywhere today. I actually don't care that Letterman did the joke at all. No big deal, it's a joke. But I don't really think that if Palin was a Democrat, however, he would have made that joke. But a joke is a joke, and he wanted cheap laughs.

I just heard a clip of his apology, and the it's "just a joke" apology is the route he went.
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +496 / 2 / -9

I wonder how many people with daughters think it's a joke even if their daughters are sluts.

In the world of the Far Left Wing Democrats "Sluts Are Cool"

Palin handled it right, she smiled and said "Lettermans Pathetic"